• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Laurie- Left Barbagallo's around 12:30, got there at 9 when it was real quiet, and scrammed when all the v8's came out to play.

Sam- when are you at the restaurant? Will drop by when looking for excuse to burn petrol.

Annie- There are usually more options over east - I got mine from melbourne after nearly 2 years of looking at carsales EVERY day! Go the manual - it's quicker and way more fun.

Does anyone know of replacing the steering wheel? The leather on the rim is getting shiny and would like something new. My friend did it on his GT3 without needing to change the airbag - nice alcantara would be perfect.

Hay guys, Im there every nite tuesday to sunday, exept next sunday we are catering for a wedding at the siccilian club in balcatta for 400 people. let me know, I cant wait until we catch up.
Oh one question; My ABS system is making the noise from the right front fender. Took it to Honda North, they had no idea what it is. I had to tell them about what I read on NSX PRIME that they had to bleed the ABS system.
After they did that noise still there. They say thet I need to buy new pump..$600.00 plus 250.00 fitting, and after they dont garantee that things will be good. They say maybe accumulator $382 or modulator $3967.94 needs to be changed after. What should I do? Where do you service your cars? Do you know anyone that can look at it? I was even thinking of taking the ABS system out, from reading here on prime it is not the best thing anyways.
Plus I ll be saving a lot of weight.:biggrin: I have done weight reduction allready. PLEASE tell me what you think.
SAM

Hi Mook,
Good job! I'd say they're pretty scarce up that way. Although I do know the guy with the orange '02 who drives up to his shack up ledge point regularly. Which one did you get?
alex.

Laurie - won't be heading up sorrento for a couple of weeks - weather this weekend's shocking and next heading s'pore for GP

For your ABS, go here:

http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/brakes/abs/abs.htm

Give it s good read and you will understand the system a lot better. In over 5years and over 100 NSX's, I have NEVER had to buy a modulator, or any other ABS part for that matter, just flush and excersize the system regularely.

Try it, you will like it:).

Yoiu can also do a search here for "ABS" and you will find many threads with procedures to restore your ABS.

Regards,
LarryB

Thanks Larry I will do a search. You are allways a helpfull guy.

Hi Mook, welcome to NSX PRIME and congrats on your car. What colour and how much?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

It's black on red and has done 124 000 clicks. Gold and silver volk racing wheels, vtec air flow converter, all new interior with carbon fibre inserts and nsx-r seats, fully adjustable aftermarket tien suspension, dvd/cd/tv touchscreen player, bluetooth phone capability, and in excellent condition. Got it from Melbourne. It's an import. He wanted 75k but he got 50k.:biggrin: Got the original honda wheels too. It had NSX-R plates as well but I have my own plates so I didn't get them. Just waiting for original wheels and the spare wheel to come from victoria so I can get it licensed up here in Geraldton. Pretty hard to have it sitting there and not being able to drive it, believe me.

mook

Back on line after a few days in the Pilbara. Good to see others popping their heads up. Welcome Mook.

I am in Melbourne for the weekend, and might see what is up for sale.

Sam, the black NSX I saw in West Perth might have been you. I realise now it was three or four weeks ago, not last week. Weekday, 8:45 in the morning, Harvest Terrace turning into Murray Street toward the city.

I'd been keen to join a gathering any time, but forgive me if I turn up in a Hilux Ute!
Annie

WOW Paul your car sounds great. Is it auto? NSX R seats:eek: Now that you live that far you need to post some pictures.:smile:

Hay Annie you must of seen Laurie and not me. He has the black one:biggrin:

Oh Paul, if you ever see a 89 prelude half black half white, white mags, in Geraldon you ll know that was my x car. I sold it last year to a guy that lives over there.:tongue:

Nope, it's manual. Sure did luck out allright. taken some pics already, try to get them uploaded soon. gonna give it a bath now.:tongue:

I'll keep a lookout for your old car spase.

i'll check back later tonight.

still waiting:smile:

Heiya mook,
Is that the same car which was for sale in Qld a while back? I remember seeing it whilst hunting for my white one. Yup, found a photo which i kept from carsales/drive.
alex.

Attachments

• NSX red2.jpg
    NSX red2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 151
Looking good Paul. So whats next on the list? From what I read here on prime the imports have short gears. Is it true?

Sure looks like the same car Alex. The previous owner had it for two years.

As for the gears, spase, they seem pretty tall to me but I haven't wound it out yet. I'm still waiting to get it licenced. Spare wheel still hasn't arrived. Next on the list will be an induction kit and a full gruppeM exhaust system from the US. Saw it on the science of speed website. Check it out if you haven't already. Sounds awesome on the video on youtube. Probably won't happen for ten years though.:frown: Going back to work in a couple hours. Ground doesn't explode on it's own. Miss my explosives. Won't be back online for two weeks.

So later guys, catch u up in two weeks.

i'm posting because i feel left out. I haven't seen this much activity on a single aussie thread since NemesisX made out with Dippy9's NSX. :eek: it's awesome to see all the perth owners coming out of the closet.

Hoping for some cruise photos soon???

G'day Neo,
Yes, this Perth activity is great to see. A few weeks back it seemed that there was no scene here at all; now it looks like we have a quorum for some sort of NSX club.
I will be doing my best to shift another X to the west coast. I doubt that I will find what I am looking for over here.
By the way, do you know if there is any way of importing from Japan? Under S.E.V.S. perhaps? I have a fluent Japanese-speaking friend who is keen to work with me on this, if there is any avenue.
Annie

Hay nonstopreaper maybe you could bring couple of taitec rear wide fenders on the way here:smile:

Hay guys I got my TAITEC headers and exhaust, any good shop to install them in Perth?

i'm posting because i feel left out. I haven't seen this much activity on a single aussie thread since NemesisX made out with Dippy9's NSX. :eek: it's awesome to see all the perth owners coming out of the closet.

Hoping for some cruise photos soon???

Hay Neo, what is hapening with all the boys from over your side. I havent even seen NSXBOX posting for some time. What s the story with the yellow widebody ' workinprogress'

Hay Neo, what is hapening with all the boys from over your side. I havent even seen NSXBOX posting for some time. What s the story with the yellow widebody ' workinprogress'

Good question -- not much has been happening in here melbourne. Maybe i need to start a "melbourne thread". NSXBOX and the sydney guys had a cruise on the weekend... lets home somebody took some photos. :)

Back