• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA

I just wanted to know if there is someone on Prime from WESTERN AUSTRALIA. Come forward:biggrin:
Not in Perth...but wish I was!
Visited in the mid-80s (USS Enterprise aircraft carrier).
Had a friend on the East Coast, pro-surfer Kingsley Looker in NSW.
Thought Perth was heaven on earth!

It still is:biggrin:
So guys when are we catching up?

ok heres the scoop i'll be in Perth sometimes in early July probably the first week. I'll get more details later and update you guys. I heard that during mid year in the land down under is sorta like winter... just trying to confirm this.

ok heres the scoop i'll be in Perth sometimes in early July probably the first week. I'll get more details later and update you guys. I heard that during mid year in the land down under is sorta like winter... just trying to confirm this.

Um yep it's our winter season in July. Can be very wet, but usually only in short bursts of one to two days at a time. Overnight temperatures will go as low as 1 to 2 deg C, with midday temps in the low teens. Very rarely you might get a day when it struggles to hit 10 deg C.

Well said Laurie, are you sure you havent worked for chanel 7:biggrin:
I hoped you liked your dinner last week:smile:

Hi all,
You probably thought I was just tyre-kickin'..

I am pleased to tell you that another NSX is heading west. I have bought a 1998 semi-auto Targa, Midnight Blue Pearl, 'camel' leather inside, 64000k, Australian-delivered, full history, no mods.
Very happy. Clean service record, timing belt already done. The only issues are Bose amps failing and a stone-chip repair done badly. Otherwise, mint.

The car will arrive in 10 days or so. Very keen to gather, meet, drive.
Annie

Hi all,
You probably thought I was just tyre-kickin'..

I am pleased to tell you that another NSX is heading west. I have bought a 1998 semi-auto Targa, Midnight Blue Pearl, 'camel' leather inside, 64000k, Australian-delivered, full history, no mods.
Very happy. Clean service record, timing belt already done. The only issues are Bose amps failing and a stone-chip repair done badly. Otherwise, mint.

The car will arrive in 10 days or so. Very keen to gather, meet, drive.
Annie

Welcome aboard AnnieRose, and yes we must organise a meet and drive soon.

Hi Annie

Congratulations on your new acquisation. You are not only the Rose amongst the thorns, but you will also have the only blue NSX (I think) this end of Aus.

Sam, maybe I will come by your place for a cup of coffee and start getting to know some of you guys.

Regards Woon

Hey Annie, Congrats on you new car, and i bet these are going to be the longest 10 days in your life :smile:

Worm any time!

Last edited:
Thanks for the good wishes Laurie, Woon, Sam. I have been working on this for a long time.

And mook...it is pretty clear what I've been doing while you have been blowing things up: shopping!

My new toy is all stock, but I love the Volk wheels on yours. A great combination...

6 days to go Annie:biggrin:

Congrats on the buy annie. You'll love the car!! take pics once you get it =)
update on my trip. I'll be in the city Fremantle. Just wondering what is there to do out there? I'm up for everything and anything

Thanks Kim,
Fremantle (or Freo to the locals) is a great old port district with plenty to do and see. It is also a pretty good place to begin a northward run along the coastal highway. We will organise something.

The new car arrived today. I will post the first photo as soon as I work out how to insert an image. Stand by!
Annie

Okay everyone...here are the first shots of my new toy. Hope you like it....Annie

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Congratulations AnnieRose it looks beautiful. I really like that colour, it is so different from the NSX norm.

We really need to organise a drive day, sooner rather than later.

Now you have to tell us your driving impressions, and what made you buy an NSX. Had you driven one before?

Laurie.

Thanks for that. Yes, it does look sharp. I never liked the dull gun-metal wheels on the later models, but with the dark body and window tinting, they look good. The tan/black interior works well, too.

Why NSX when I had never driven one? Three things: styling, intelligent engineering and an awesome engine sound under power. That may sound like pretty flimsy logic, but over the years I've learned a lot about the cars and never read or heard anything negative. It was an NSX or nothing.

I have good car knowledge and generally buy well, but with no NSX driving experience, I took the extra precaution of restricting my search to low-km vehicles with 'gapless' records.

I have only driven on the freeways so far. I will get out this weekend and wind it up a bit. My first impressions are excellent. The steering is less direct than I expected, but the car is very, very taut. Driving position is perfect for my 175cm.

Yes, we should catch up for a coffee or organise a driving day (or both). Sundays are usually clear for a drive. How about Nov 2 or Nov 9?

Hay Annie

Im glad you are happy with your new ride. It looks beautifull. The colour is great. If you want to take your baby for a ride, you should come past this sunday after 2pm along the beach on west coast dve. and when you see my red thing parked on the side of the road in sorrento you should stop to say hello and show off your new baby:biggrin:

Back from S'pore GP - boy, am I impressed with the noise those things make! Standing less than 5m from the cars at full throttle on the straight WITH earplugs and you still had to cover your ears with your hands!

Great job Annie on the new purchase. Very nice colour - very rare to see blue on an 'x. Will keep a lookout - you're west of the perth, right? I'm subi way.

Let me know if you need a hand with the Bose amps - I had the same issue and sent them to Brian (www.nsxe-repair.com) who had them repaired and back within 2 weeks. Great article by Drew (http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/bose_rr.htm) on how to remove them. Happy to help too - i've had the door trims on/off many many times.

Let me know if a meet gets organized - wouldn't mind a sticky beak.

alex.

Thanks all for your enthusiasm!

Sam - I have promised some friends a test drive tomorrow and will be south rather than north in the afternoon, but will catch up soon.

Laurie - same. Keen to say hi in the next week or two.

Alex - I will definitely talk to you about getting at the Bose bits. I had already found companies in the states offering repair or changeout, but I was a bit tentative about taking the door linings off.

Kim - look forward to meeting you over here. Always a spare leather seat.

Annie

Annie - Happy to help a fellow nsx'r - PM me for contact details.

On a different note, can anyone confirm the headlight bulb for the main beam is a H1. I'm trying to order the HID upgrade from the US and they're suggesting the globes are 9005/9006. I presume the US-spec is different to Aussie-spec??

Alex
It was nice to meet you. Thanks for droping by. I wish I had some more time, but I gess next time will plan ahead with the rest of these guyes. I liked your car and I think you should keep the wheels.:wink: Oh yeah ... fix your lights:biggrin:

Back