• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA

hey everyone,

yeah, had a bit of trouble. i got knocked back cos my rear wheels were too wide. 275/19/30. also, i didn't have the original sticker saying tyre sizes and pressures. so i did a bit of running around and found a guy in dongara who is pretty casual about cars that have big wheels and he licensed it for me in an hour. my original wheels have finally arrived from melbourne so i can keep them for a rainy day. i'll be back out at work on the 30th, otherwise i'd come down and say hello, and hear that exhaust of yours. can't wait to hear that!!! is it the parallel system or the gt lightweight system? had a look on the net for VISION R. can they get other exhausts or do they just do TAITEC? wanna get a few things but i better wait a while.

sorry bout your problem sam.

mook

Last edited:
Hey Sam, Sorry to hear about your clutch problem. I have a friend who is the parts manager at a Acura (Honda) dealership. I get all my parts from him, but have SOS do the work on my car. I can ask him if he has that hose in stock and if so how much. shipping would most likely take nomore than a week. Of course I won't be able to talk to him til monday. Let me know.

Joe

PLEASE. I would be more then happy. I checked DALIs web and they have it in stock for $55, but please ask yous friend, I would rather go with you. THANKS
SAM

Hi Sam

I recently ordered a complete set of hoses and had them replaced on my car. There are quite a few hoses left and one of them may be what you are after considering the fact that my car is an automatic.

I will check with my workshop tomorrow to see if the balance of the hoses are still there. Will call you sometime tomorrow to let you know.

Woon

Thanks Woon I apriciate it. I ll wait for your call.
SAM

No problem sam, I'll find out tomorrow, Do you know the exact hose ? Hey Mook, am I reading your last text right correctly ? They will not License a car with those size wheels on it ? That's the size I have on my car (275/30/19) and 225/35/18 on the front. I ask because I do not have the original wheels and I sure dont want problems when I ship my car.

Joe

hey joe,

yeah my car has 215/35/18 on the front and 275/30/19 on the rear and he wouldn't let it pass with the rears being that wide. but he might have also been a bastard just cause he could and not pass it. he also said it was too low! i do have fully adjustable tien suspension on it but i was told it is no lower than it was originally by the guy who sold it to me. mate, if worst comes to worst, the guy in dongara who passed my car is john riemer, and you could get a permit to drive it up there and he'll pass it no worries. i don't have his number but you can ring dongara licensing and they'll give it to you. then you could continue driving to gero and show me your toy. haha!!

mook.

Hay Joe, its the CLUTCH HYDRAULIC LINE, thanks. If you have any problems with your wheels when you get here, I have my originals, which you could have to pass.:smile:

Hey Mook and Sam, i appreciate the info & offers, hopfully i wont have any trouble, especially since i'll working on the police dept. LOL it's midnight here at the moment, just about to get off work. so i'll call my friend at acura first thing in the morning.

Joe

Hey Sam, I spoke with my friend at the dealership, tell you what, instead of all this typing i'll pm you my phone number. Call me, I have good news.

Joe

Hay Joe, I just finished work at 11:00 pm here which is 7:00 am over there. I called twice,NO answer. Sorry if I woke anyone up. We are 8 hours difference. I will try later again. Either you are sleeping, or you are at work.:smile:

Woon
Very nice to meet you. If you have time next week, before you go to Singapore, bring your family for dinner. Wow your car looked like brand new. Its very nice with the 02 sides, and 02 rear. Especially on the road it looked hot. See you soon:smile:

Hey Sam, I should have told you that I don't get home from work until about 2:30am, So I don't get up until about 10:00. If you call me today, I'll answer.

Joe

Hay Joe
All done. Ordered + paid. I will give Lance I call tomorro just to confirm, And I ll let you know if its all good. Thanks:smile:

SAM

Hey Laurie, I'm bummed that i'm going to miss this get together, well maybe next time. (next year) I'll be there in sprit.

Sam, spoke to lance the other day, he said you should have your part by mon. or tues. You should have it in by the 30th.

Joe

That's ok Joe, we'll just have to organise a special event just for you guys when you get here!

And my friend Terry has committed to attending this Sunday in his bone stock white/black NSX.

Better make sure your car is running Sam :smile:

FIRST I got to say, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH to JOE and LANCE for halping me get the part ASAP, I could not have done it without you.
SEcond, yes I got it this morning and installed it this afternoon. I couldnt wait.:biggrin: And then I went for a lap, and another one, and another one, and another one.....:biggrin:
See you all SUNDAY. OH JOE hurry up and get here faster:biggrin: and say thanks to Lance.

Hay guys. Are you taking partners, or a frend with you on sunday, or alone?

Hey Sam, Glad to hear that your car is back on the road. If you need anything else just give myself or lance a call. Have fun on sunday.

Joe

Sam I'll be bringing Kay along, or should that be Kay will be bringing ME along :biggrin:

If my mate Terry shows, he will have his wife with him as well. So you had better make sure your better half tags along too Sam!

My wife will be at the restaurant on my spot so I dont think she is coming:wink: If not, she will be looking after our littleone. But I will bring a friend. How about you Alex and Annie?

Back