• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with Kenwood DNX7100

I just purchased a 2000 NSX that has had a Kenwood DNX 7100 installed in it. I have the manuals, but am having trouble with the iPod interface. I bought the Kenwood cable (KCA0iP300V) that supposedly works with it. I plug the USB plug from this cable into the USB port that is in my glove compartment and the other end into the iPod. I then select iPod from the screen on the head unit. The head unit continues to show "disconnected" and I get no music when I play a song on the iPod. The manual is not helpful other than confirming this is the right cable.

Any clues?

Radio and nav work fine. Anyone use FM traffic on one of these (basically a Garmin nav)? Does it work well?

Thanks.

this sometimes happens in you are trying to hookup while playing videos. try playing music or have it paused when playing music. then plug in the cable.

when i'm usually playing music videos, turn off the car, then turn on, ~30% of the time, it won't play.

Try it.

I have been out of town on business. Thanks for the replies. I did try making the connection while playing a song on the iPod. I also tried it with the iPod off and paused. Didn't help.

I am not connecting anything to the back of the head unit. I am dealing with the unit in the car I just purchased. There is a USB cable in the console compartment. No other cables. I hooked the USB port on the Kenwood cable to that female USB port in the console compartment and the connector to the iPod.

I guess I am going to have to find a local Kenwood installer to help.

the kcaip300 has a pair of audio and video 1/8" plugs as well as the usb. if those 2 arent plugged in the back of the head unit u get no sound or video from an ipod.

I think with this one there might be a pair of USB ports on the back, and only one of them is supposed to work with the iPod cable. And, as spider2k said, you do need the other two plugged in to make it work.

Nick

Thanks. It may be that this unit is just set up for USB and not for an iPod even though iPod is one of the menu choices. Maybe that is just a default.

I will have to try and figure out how to get to the back of the head unit or find a local shop to do it for me.

Back