• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help me with a business name

So I have decided to start a business as an online advertising agency. (place media buys on google, yahoo, local sites etc. etc.)

I am trying to come up with a name and haven't had any luck. Seems like just about everything is taken.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
So I have decided to start a business as an online advertising agency. (place media buys on google, yahoo, local sites etc. etc.)

I am trying to come up with a name and haven't had any luck. Seems like just about everything is taken.

Any suggestions?

NetViper

Adtopia

LOL. Too bad there is already a NetViper.com and it really doesn't say anything about what the business is.
And what does Amazon.com tell you about buying books?

.com's taken, but a quick check at GoDaddy shows a bunch of other TLDs available for NetViper. I think it's an excellent name for the type of business you're proposing, and maybe a .us or .tv TLD would work just fine.

.com's taken, but a quick check at GoDaddy shows a bunch of other TLDs available for NetViper. I think it's an excellent name for the type of business you're proposing, and maybe a .us or .tv TLD would work just fine.

Well, I agree Amazon has nothing to do with books or anything else. I am torn between going with something like that or something that says what the business is -- like Digital Media Consulting, or Web Ad Marketing.

That is why I am looking for advice. There are a lot of really smart and successful guys on prime.

I'm with him. Call it Naked Girls Deep Throating Bowling Pins Inc. and use the domain www.nakedgirlsdeepthoatingbowlingpins.com. I'd be surprised if it's already taken and you'd sure get a lot of attention which is the point of an advertising company isn't it?

Vandelay Industries
Odion Industries
Callahan Auto Parts
Shiksas Digital Media
FTW Marketing
Save Ferris Inc.
TRON Media
London Gentlemen
Brick Tamland Technologies
Lloyd and Harry Media

Meh, those are awful.

You may want to look into the new web 2.0 weird namespace. Some off the top of my head. cute website name + ??? = billion dollar business.
Bojo
Sybo
Lumsum
GrapeBannana
Sweirp
piepo
Nimnum
Reedo

I reserve rights on the GrapeBannana name as that sounds pretty cool for a social networking sql web 2.0 space ajaxx bloging adwords site.

You may want to look into the new web 2.0 weird namespace. Some off the top of my head. cute website name + ??? = billion dollar business.
Bojo
Sybo
Lumsum
GrapeBannana
Sweirp
piepo
Nimnum
Reedo

I reserve rights on the GrapeBannana name as that sounds pretty cool for a social networking sql web 2.0 space ajaxx bloging adwords site.

GRAPEBANANA.COM is available! You better get it while you can!

The only business related names left on the web end up being so long or so forced that they sound like one of those spam .biz domains.

Pick a rememberable yet not too outlandish name, like monster.com did.

I'd personally go with something like herbtarlek.com :D

Think about it. A tongue in cheek slap at the business, but not so much so that you lose total credibility. Makes a connection with the past also, and not one enough to make you say "oh God!!", but enough to make you smile :)

Last edited:
new-paradigm-conglomerate-worldwide-advertising

or

The-brightest-guy-in-or-out-of-the-box-advertising

or

we-are-the-box.com

If you’d like to give a subliminal clue as to what the business is yet use an actual word, there are lots of A D prefixed words in the dictionary that could work. Just a small sample:

Adman
Adware
Adagio.com
Adamant.com
Adapt.com
AdHoc.com
AdJust.com
Admiral.com
ADMinistrator.com
AdVenture
Etc.

Or: