• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Official" Zanardi Thread...

I wonder how much they cut that car loose far? Seems like a cool daily driver, maybe Lovefab turbo? If it's already a little rough around the edges, I wouldnt feel so guilty beating on it and modding it up.:biggrin:

Is this car an 8 or a 6 out of 10?

Today I went to inspect and drive this car. My friend and I were allowed to drive the car together which was nice. Mechanically, the car is sound and appears to have been serviced accordingly. The engine runs smooth, clutch is excellent and the shifter shifts perfectly. Car goes in a straight line on the freeway and doesn't drift. The brake and clutch fluid need to be serviced. The brake pads appear to be okay but the dealer will replace them. ABS works properly. No strange noises from the suspension under tight cornering.

Now to the body. The front nose appears to be rash free so it was repainted once before and the work was done well. There is a scrape on the red paint above the spoiler on the side. A chip on the driver side headlamp cover probably from it making contact wtih the hood. The bolts on the driver side fender had the paint worn away so it may have been removed at one point. The paintwork (if any) appeared to be original but hard to tell. The paintwork overall looks good for a 93K mile car.

Now here's where the problems are:

- Zanardi wheels have severe curb rash (all of them) and gouges on spokes on two of them (these are trashed in my opinion)
- Antenna is not original and an aftermket one and missing the mast (will be replaced with new one)
- Taillights have condensation in them
- No front spare tire
- No air compressor in trunk
- There is an amp mounted in the back so the Zanardi trunk mat can't lay flat down
- Stock CD changer was open and no cartridge inside it
- The passenger side has a subwoofer that blocks most of the passenger side leg room
- Center armrest/cupholder console is broken (screws missing)
- Passenger door has hole cut into upper area for tweeter which is missing (can't fix unless you get a new door panel)
- Driver side has same hole cut out but tweeter is broken and barely staying in (can't fix unless you get a new door panel)
- Driver side window will not go down all the way and protrudes from the door about an inch
- Driver side plate showing VIN has a big dent in it
- Rearview mirror is shot as you can barely see anything with gray areas and two screw head impressions showing through
- Steering wheel is LOOSE and wiggles side to side (advised this as a safety issue as steering bolt is loose)
- The door and center console trim are all bubbled (little on the center console but doors are really bad)
- Windshield has a perfectly circular cut about three inches in diamater and cracks around it (will have to replace windshield)
- Rear hatch glass has a large abrasion mark on the passenger side

This car is a big disappointment. It will need a LOT of work to make it right and will cost a good chunk of cash to make it perfect. This car isn't worth $39K nor $35K. They would not say how much they took the car in for but in this rough condition, I think in the mid to high $20K range. This car was a daily driver and it shows. As much as I want a Zanardi, this is definitly a project car. If you're looking for a Zanardi beater/track car and can get it for under $30K, you may be happy but if you're looking for a perfect Zanardi, this is nowhere close to it. The dealer was going to take the car to Acura down the street (under same ownership) and get a lot of repairs done but I doubt they'll make the car look like a jewel but it's far from it. Be prepared to invest a lot of time and money if you want to make this car right. With 93K miles, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Wait, this car is owned by a dealership that is also owned by an Acura dealership? Why isn't this car at the Acura dealership?

Can you imagine if TheKid picked up a second Zanardi....!

Actually I can. :eek::biggrin: Maybe he can get this one cheap enough, have access through the dealership to buy what it needs and be able to drive this one and leave the other parked. Does that sound like what's swimming around in your mind right now? :biggrin:

Actually I can. :eek::biggrin: Maybe he can get this one cheap enough, have access through the dealership to buy what it needs and be able to drive this one and leave the other parked. Does that sound like what's swimming around in your mind right now? :biggrin:

We've begun talks :redface:

The price needs to be right, real right as I've heard/read its a roach.

Your gonna have to take this one for the team and get that baby to east coast. I figure you'll keep it a year or so then I can buy it off you with 100k miles and then "my project" can begin. Don't go fixing it up too much either I want it "roachy" when I get it from you:biggrin:

Hey man don't bogart the roach.......:wink:

Send it back to the mother land through the refresh program.

Hey man don't bogart the roach.......:wink:

I'm totally willing to share with my East Coast bretheren. Now we just have to get the kid to get it over here:biggrin:

Seems to me that a ratty Zanardi is the best possible platform to build your own NSX-R replica. You get the post 1997 body in coupe form, which is more rigid than the old coupe, you get the updated brakes and bug fixes, and the 3.2L engine. Then you can do a 2002 body update, paint it, put the R wing and underbody panels, suspension, braces, ABS update, and so on. Bam! You have a car that is fundamentally a step up from the 2002-updated 91-94 coupes out there.

Thats what I was thinking but it doesnt seem like they are in a rush to sell it. Still no pics, and they dont like to return calls over there. :mad:

Seems to me that a ratty Zanardi is the best possible platform to build your own NSX-R replica. You get the post 1997 body in coupe form, which is more rigid than the old coupe, you get the updated brakes and bug fixes, and the 3.2L engine. Then you can do a 2002 body update, paint it, put the R wing and underbody panels, suspension, braces, ABS update, and so on. Bam! You have a car that is fundamentally a step up from the 2002-updated 91-94 coupes out there.

#25 lives in Redwood Shores, California. Its owner works at Google. Last I saw it, it had about 43,000 miles on it. Bone stock.

Thanks, I updated the list.

I thought of that as well but when you start pricing it out for interior and exterior even if you go DF vs Procar it becomes well over $20k (not mention getting performance parts like bushings , lsd , clutch and suspension plus NSX-R wheels ) in parts then you have to add labor. Plus that would be on a Zanardi in good shape.

Can be done but be ready to live with it forever as no one will pay for what you put into it.

I spoke to the sales manager there. He seems to think he's got gold there. Also told me the car is in "GREAT" shape and he's firm at the 38.9k and he's not moving on the price.

I spoke to the sales manager there. He seems to think he's got gold there. Also told me the car is in "GREAT" shape and he's firm at the 38.9k and he's not moving on the price.

Well all these NSX guys keep showing up to drive it so why wouldn't he:rolleyes: If you had a lot of traffic including having people out of state showing interest ( i.e you ) would you dump the car?

NSXprime just shined up the turd. Everyone going in saying "it's in bad shape and trying to get a deal tells the guy it is gold. Bet more primers are inquiring about the car than talking about it here. He'll get the $39k:biggrin:

Oh my car is being serviced at stevens creek nissan...maybe I can try to get a test drive.

LOL See what I mean. Bwahahaahaha it will probably go to a bid war and he'll get more ..lol

I went to nissan stevens creek and they had the zarnardi at there show room, went straight to it and messed around with it, no one even approached me!..maybe cause I looked like I'm teenager LOL!

5376559335_9c165fd5af_z.jpg

I gave it a good look, car is not perfect, but I've seen worst..In my opinion its not too bad.

anyways, I was just there to pick up my car for service so I didn't bother to ask them for a test drive, seem like they didn't even want to go near me and make eye contact LOL...

Went to steven creek nissan again...and played around with the zanardi again..

The tires it has are mismatch, azenis on the front and potenza on the rear. Rims looks OK to me, I didn't see any major damage.

I talked to one of the people there and said that it was a trade-in.

I should add that when I saw the car and gave my full description of its condition, it was when they just received the car. It was inside their service area ready to start preparation for sale so I saw and drove the car before they did this work. I presume they took care some of the problems as a few of you who saw the car in the showroom say it looks much better. Still, I doubt the dealer would fix it to "perfect" status and just took care of the major problems with the car. It's a good driver but interior wise, it's needs a lot of refreshing.

Update: A friend of mine was there to see it in the showroom and it appears the windshield has been replaced along with the antenna. The wheels were cleaned up and painted where the rash was to make it presentable. The tweeters were replaced. The console and door trim remain bubbled pretty bad though. The steering wheel is still loose and can be wiggled. Looks like they didn't tighten down the steering wheel bolt.

Last edited:
I am thinking to get a new car battery. Just wondering, what type of lightweight battery is using in Zanardi? Thanks for your tips :wink:

I am thinking to get a new car battery. Just wondering, what type of lightweight battery is using in Zanardi? Thanks for your tips :wink:

If i'm not mistaken, it's the same one the Integra Type R uses. Not sure of the details. :wink:

Back