• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HP Turbo on Stock Engine?

42O

Anyone done this here, is it worth it? Would it be a reliable turbo kit? Talking about the stage III turbo upgrade also.

HP Turbo Kit

Last edited:
I have one, on a stock engine, with 6500 miles.

I lowered the boost, from what came in the kit (WG spring was rated at 11-12psi, I inserted an 8psi spring), and am making 408rwhp/314.3rwtq.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, it's a great kit, if I were doing FI today, it would be an easy decision.

So if I order the stage III kit then I will need to get a stage III clutch also? What about the flywheel? Won't it free up more power if I use one?

Last edited:
I put alot of miles on my NSX, i love to drive it, if I decide to go with this turbo kit, whats going to happen after I put 50,000+ more miles on it with the turbo?

Also, did you order through the same website with the link I posted? I would imagine they would need to build the kit, any idea how long it would take?

I put alot of miles on my NSX, i love to drive it, if I decide to go with this turbo kit, whats going to happen after I put 50,000+ more miles on it with the turbo?

depends how you drive. ive been on the stock clutch at about 400-430 crank HP for 40k miles. I know guys who literally blow a new clutch in a weekend at the drag strip.. I'm sure that doeswn't do your motor any favors, either...

Also, did you order through the same website with the link I posted? I would imagine they would need to build the kit, any idea how long it would take?
I would guess a month or less. Have you ordered anything yet or found a tuner? That should be a big concern too. :wink:

Don't forget to look at your options with Lovefab. They have more R & D with the NSX than HP does...

HP is a much larger company than lovefab, and has been producing turbo kits for years, for a number of platforms. They're not as well known on import car sites, but they're very well known on dometic (corvette, etc.) forums. They bought a car to develop their nsx turbo kit, and spent a significant time doing it - if a company is willing to put this much cash into something, and they're well known in the sector for producing such kits, you're going to end up with a great result.

The reason I asked the OP to PM me, is the questions he is asking have been covered dozens of times in this forum, a simple search would turn up answers, if he has direct questions, a direct method of communication is better.

Here is the response I sent him:

Scorp965 said:
Hello,

The site you linked is a reseller, I purchased my kit directly from HP Performance; I purchased the kit with the T04S turbocharger, with a .63AR; this is not stage 3, it's actually a custom setup between the first two stages, but it results in very quick spool (full boost around 3700rpm), with the turbo providing good power up to redline.

I have been using the kit with a stock clutch, the clutch was in good shape (20k miles) prior to the turbo, 5k of those were with a supercharger. Recently, it has started to slip - I have an RPS clutch (rated for 500rwtq) going into the car as a replacement in the next few weeks. The RPS clutch includes a lightweight flywheel, which should result in higher hp numbers.

The company took 2 months to produce, and ship, my kit. There was a delay in getting the AEM EMS, which caused the kit arrival to be delayed.

Regards,

John

fwiw, other companies have similar 'purchase to ship' times on their turbo kits.

Back