• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ivory Floor Mats

Well, after months of researching and testing, we have finally reached a point where we have a consensus re customized ivory floor mats for the NSX.

The color match is 80% with the floor carpet (depending on how soiled your carpet is) and about 95% match with the leather seats. While the wramth of the colors are fine, the actual color of the floor mat is slightly lighter than the floor carpets - more towards white (this is as close as we could get with available mills). The digitized logo comes in either red or black color which can also be matched to the borders of the floor mats for an easier color transition from the floor mats to the carpet. However, the black or red border is a one layer sticthing over the base color (a darker shade of ivory matching closer the carpets)so some may find this somewhat objectionable, but it is a tradeof.

The mats come with foam backing which is the recommended option, nibbed rubber back is also available but they tend to damage the floor carpet.

We are now customizing tan floor mats with black logo, or black floor mats with tan logo. Only the black floor mats have the advantage of double density pile across the driver's heel area. We will also be able to make matching trunk mats most likely in ivory (red and black logo) and black in tan logo, but probably not in the tan since it will clash with the charcoal trunk wall padding.

The manufacturer will have the ivory roll available within 4-6 weeks depending on how quickly the roll comes from a NY mill. Making the actual mats is a 1-2 weeks schedule at max.

Pricing is driven by volume of course. Our price is $140 including UPS shipping; if you order 2 sets it is $270. However, if we get an initial group order of about 50 sets, there is room for price reduction. As always, voume is king .....

I already have a few orders from those who have patiently heard all the details as we progressed with the development of this product. If interested, private me for PICS of OEM vs custom side by side as well as in a red/tan NSX. I still am unable to post pictures .....

Hrant

KHrant Enterprises

Last edited:
Originally posted by Juice:
If I needed a black logo on WHITE or a white logo on black (not ivory), could these be custom ordered from you as well?

Short answer is it depends and yes! How white is your white? These are pretty light color .... they are a shade lighter than the oem ivory carpets but 95% match with the leather. At this time, this is the lightest shade that we have and it is a custom ordered color. See pics at:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=720

and private me and i will send a pic inside a red/ivory NSX.

Black with white logo is not a problem since the logo thread can be made white, and with black you get the double density pile around the heel carpeting at no extra cost.

HTH and happy turkey day!

Hrant

Originally posted by jsottile:
Hrant,
When will you have a picture of the Ivory mat in the trunk area? Also when can these be ordered?
Thanks and have a great holiday.

Well, we have used up all the sample pieces making the three beta sample floor mats, and we are awaiting the actual roll to arrive from a NY based mill. Once we get the roll then I will post a pic of the ivory trunk mat. We can make black/tan, black/ivory, or even three shades of silver trunk mats all with black serge within 2-3 weeks. We will not reproduce already available OEM colors as we are not trying to compete here, just filling a niche for those with more discriminating tastes, YMMV bla bla bla
smile.gif

As for posting the details for orders, I am waiting to see if we are going to have some volume as the price drops by about $20 if we hit 50 orders in any/all combinations (floor mats/trunk mats). So far we are hovering below 10 so I may post the details by next Monday.

HTH and have a happy turkey ....

Back