• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

At last - air horns with grunt

Fitted the dual tone Stebel Nautilus air horn ... see pictures attached

As you know there's not much space under the bonnet for adding anything, but then I realised it would fit nicely inside the spare wheel, or on the spare wheel bracket if the spare is not in it's hole. It's simply bolted into one of the wheel stud holes, and includes connectors in the wires for quick removal. My only concern is it's exposure to rain water spray through the radiator / fan. Time will tell ....

Now when someone drifts too close to my NSX I can literally blow them back into their lane :eek:

Interested in which air horn ? See here

Attachments

• NSX air horn fitment #1.pdf
    93.8 KB · Views: 254
  • NSX air horn fitment #2.pdf
    89.8 KB · Views: 153
  • NSX air horn fitment #3.pdf
    84 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
a bit off topic... a couple of years ago I remember watching some videos of guys riding around in a car that had some super loud air horns and they'd blow it to scare the SH*T out of people.

No sound clips??

My horn is still going strong, although I did relocate it when I fitted NSX-R style air duct. That required removing the spare wheel entirely. Unfortunately I can't take a picture because the car is not here at present.

If you look at first picture in first attachment to my original post there's a red mounting block on right side with a single 10mm bolt holding black plastic fitting. I mounted it off that using another a metal spacer block and a much longer bolt, to space horn assemlbly far enough away from the vertical wall. Sorry hard to describe, really needs a picture.

Keep in mind my car is an Australian RH drive, and I expect LH drive is arranged quite differently under the hood.

Last edited:
My horn is still going strong, although I did relocate it when I fitted NSX-R style air duct. That required removing the spare wheel entirely. Unfortunately I can't take a picture because the car is not here at present.

If you look at first picture in first attachment to my original post there's a red mounting block on right side with a single 10mm bolt holding black plastic fitting. I mounted it off that using another a metal spacer block and a much longer bolt, to space horn assemlbly far enough away from the vertical wall. Sorry hard to describe, really needs a picture.

Keep in mind my car is an Australian RH drive, and I expect LH drive is arranged quite differently under the hood.

wow, so it's been ~ 10 years and still works. How often are you driving your car?

The reviews are somewhat mixed on Amazon with many failing within a year or two. I've had Fiam air horn in the past and it also failed within a couple of years. While the compressor still worked, it wasn't able to push enough air through the trumpets to make a loud sound.

Don't drive it very often at present, but I have done approx 42,000 km (26,000miles) since the horn was fitted in late 2008

Maybe the question should be: how often do I use the horn? Suffice to say I fitted it for a good reason :)

Back