• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 nsx JH4NA21624T000120 salvage title

Re: 2004 nsx JH4NA21624T000120 salvage tilte

Interesting. Does an insurance company issue a salvage title because the vehicle was stolen? It states it was stolen, but no damage.:confused::confused:

It was totaled and that's why it has a salvage title. Interesting choice of words because yeah maybe nothing was damaged. There was JUST A LOT OF MISSING PARTS from the theft which leads to the salvage. One thing that concerns me is that there seems to a be a lot more theft acitivity on these cars.

In Florida if a vehicle is recovered after 30 days and the insured was paid off vehicle gets a rebuilt title regardless of damage.

It was totaled and that's why it has a salvage title. Interesting choice of words because yeah maybe nothing was damaged. There was JUST A LOT OF MISSING PARTS from the theft which leads to the salvage. One thing that concerns me is that there seems to a be a lot more theft acitivity on these cars.

You can say that again... there was a guy on here named shifty bob.. his NSX and his $100k mercedes got stolen within a 2 month period!!! :frown:

You can say that again... there was a guy on here named shifty bob.. his NSX and his $100k mercedes got stolen within a 2 month period!!! :frown:

that was shiftybob's side of the story before he disappeared, if you hadn't followed up with it...

from the sound of the ad, it sounds like the car was stolen and the owner was compensated for the loss. the car was then recovered and the insurance company offered the car back to the owner, but because of this payout, the car was given a salvage title...

that was shiftybob's side of the story before he disappeared, if you hadn't followed up with it...

:wink: LOL

In Florida if a vehicle is recovered after 30 days and the insured was paid off vehicle gets a rebuilt title regardless of damage.

That is correct but the ad states the car was returned through a buy back to the original owner.

Last edited:

If it was in fact a no damage car and simply stolen then someone got a killer deal on an almost new NSX...sold for $48k w/4,800 miles!

Dealers that specialize in reselling salvage cars always have a great story, ask for pictures copied from auction listing. Dealer with rebuilder licence has to present those pictures in order to pass an anti theft inspection, at least in IL

Interesting. Does an insurance company issue a salvage title because the vehicle was stolen? It states it was stolen, but no damage.:confused::confused:

if after a certain period of time if a car is not found it is salvage in some states.. i bought a car thats was part of a bitter divorce where a ex wife took the car and parked it from here husband for 4 months and it was now Salvage...car NEVER had a scratch.... bought the car for cheap...so anyone who says salvage is a crashed car everytime is FOS

Yeah but more than not if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck - its a duck! :wink:

Seems to have made its way to Westchester NY for $59.9K. Now at hunting-ridge-motorsports.ebizautos.com. Know nothing about them, never dealt with them, just stumbled upon this NSX on their site from an old link I have when buying mine.

Someones in for a surprise.

I was chasing a 996GT3 from a "reputable" authorised Bently dealer in Manhattan for a very good price.
The car was white (the most desirable GT3 color) with ceramic brakes and low miles. They said the front end was resprayed for resale. Clean title.
Yes it was resprayed; after it was rebuilt from the windshield forward.
That slipped their mind.
Found out through the grapevine.

Someones in for a surprise.

I was chasing a 996GT3 from a "reputable" authorised Bently dealer in Manhattan for a very good price.
The car was white (the most desirable GT3 color) with ceramic brakes and low miles. They said the front end was resprayed for resale. Clean title.
Yes it was resprayed; after it was rebuilt from the windshield forward.
That slipped their mind.
Found out through the grapevine.

hmmm, it didn't show on carfax :rolleyes:

hmmm, it didn't show on carfax :rolleyes:

It will not show up unless the car is totaled or if there is a police report. My freind's car sustained 40 % damage, the insurance co repaired it and it does not show up on Carfax. If someone one was hurt in the accident or if there were 3 or more cars involved in the accident a police report would have been filed and then it would have went to Carfax. You could have a car that has only 500.00 damage but it will show up on Carfax if there is a police report.

Last edited:

Hunting ridge motors... Hmmmm.... I have dealt with them before. They had a CL600 I made an offer on. They said no. I walked into an MB dealer down the street and described that car. They said they will get back to me. The next day I call hunting ridge with a higher offer, and they said some lady in maryland bought it. The next day, I get a call from the MB dealer, and they say "we have the exact car you wanted". I go in, and its the same car I saw at hunting ridge. LOL... I ask if it is and they try hard to deny it. They figured guy that walks off the street and into an MB dealer in Greenwich CT is a sucker and they can get more. So they turned the "other" guy (me) down and said the car was sold to a lady in Maryland so they could get more money from the sucker (still me) through the MB dealership. LOL... I did buy that car anyway, and paid less than my original offer to hunting ridge.

So yeah I think they are a little shady.

Why does the listing say it is NA yet the pictures of the motor show a blow off valve and a charge pipe? Those highlighter wheels too. HURL.....

Why does the listing say it is NA yet the pictures of the motor show a blow off valve and a charge pipe? Those highlighter wheels too. HURL.....

are my eyes still playing tricks on me from the highlighter wheels, or did the eBay price read $90,000?...... sheeeesh.

are my eyes still playing tricks on me from the highlighter wheels, or did the eBay price read $90,000?...... sheeeesh.

Apparently crack is making a comeback in Florida. :eek:

Back