• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Affliction Fight 1/24/09

Fedor Emelianenko and former UFC title-holder Andrei Arlovski. Should be a hell of a fight since the "Pit Bull" steps up against bigger competition.:biggrin:

Anybody watching this? My brother is going to the Honda Center to watch it live (jealous).
Does anyone know if Hooters or other popular places are showing this fight since I am not into paying $55 for the HD version of the fight?

lol - You really think it will go two rounds? :confused:
Fedor completely owned Tim Sylvia in about 35 seconds.

Fedor will knock the Pit Bull's teeth out. Fedor ftw.

I think Andre can run around the ring for a round and avoid the big shots. We have to give Andre some kind of chance, he does have a very small chance of landing a good shot. Fedor's almost been knocked out before and it just takes a lucky shot like that to cause an upset.

I think Andre can run around the ring for a round and avoid the big shots. We have to give Andre some kind of chance, he does have a very small chance of landing a good shot. Fedor's almost been knocked out before and it just takes a lucky shot like that to cause an upset.

True. That is the great thing about MMA - anything can happen. You look down to grab your beer and someone superman punches the other guy and he goes lights out.

Andre has had a long time to prepare. I hope he has spent that time well.

Whats crazy about Fedor is his training regimen. Its simple (or at least it appears so) and not all crazy like the pro mma fighters here training like pro athletes. Even more interesting is his appearance. He does not appear to be in great shape either :tongue:

But he is the best so whatever works

Whats crazy about Fedor is his training regimen. Its simple (or at least it appears so) and not all crazy like the pro mma fighters here training like pro athletes. Even more interesting is his appearance. He does not appear to be in great shape either :tongue:

But he is the best so whatever works

That is a great point.

Reminds me of the World's Strongest Man Competition they used to show on ESPN2. The guys that were all ripped and trained every day would get destroyed by pudgy guys from Europe. Having ripped abs does not = wins.

After Brock Lesnar beats Mir it will be time for Lesnar vs Fedor! :biggrin:

I'm suprised that nobody commented on Vitor Belfort's crazy knockout of Matt Lindland...took him almost 10 minutes to recover. The only downside of last night, Affiliction seemed to take 2-3 minutes before getting to any replay of any knockouts or finishes. I must be accustomed to seeing immediate replays from the UFC.

I'm suprised that nobody commented on Vitor Belfort's crazy knockout of Matt Lindland...took him almost 10 minutes to recover. The only downside of last night, Affiliction seemed to take 2-3 minutes before getting to any replay of any knockouts or finishes. I must be accustomed to seeing immediate replays from the UFC.

We were going crazy trying to figure out how Andre got knocked out in the title bout. It took a couple minutes to get any replay. Everybody at the sports bar was looking at each other asking what happened, but nobody knew.
Overall I thought it was a good production and was fairly close to UFC level.

We were going crazy trying to figure out how Andre got knocked out in the title bout. It took a couple minutes to get any replay. Everybody at the sports bar was looking at each other asking what happened, but nobody knew.
Overall I thought it was a good production and was fairly close to UFC level.

I agree, it was a good promotion, but they must take care of the slow reaction to replays. Just like you...we were all looking around trying to figure out what happened to Arlovski after he was doing fairly well.

Man, watching Lindland try to get up was as entertaining as any of the fights. There was like 8 ppl holding different parts of his body, one doc was holding him by his butt cheek. They should have just pinned him to a stool and told him to calm down and shut up...you just got KTFO'd by the Phenom baby!

Back