• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Engine Bay Dressed Up ~who's got the most BLING?

Contgrats on that Danny. 1000.09hp very impressive.
what is the canisters behind the glass next to your alternator?

Last edited:
To put it quite simply, your looking at 1000.9 hp at the wheels engine bay and trunk. Enough said... :biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Simply Amazing!!!

Danny, I hope you don't mind me answering their questions...

Mike

Not at all. You answered it better than I would have.

Regards,

Danny

Contgrats on that Danny. 1000.09hp very impressive.
what is the canisters behind the glass next to your alternator?

The big round tall canister is the intercooler reservoir/expansion tank. The rectangle one is the SOS engine expansion tank, relocated towards the passenger side to make room for the big round one.

Regards,

Danny

One of my favorites from back in the day!! The start of th CF craze.
ZRO260B4U!!!

Attachments

• new intercooler pictures 001.jpg
    new intercooler pictures 001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 806
  • new intercooler pictures 004.jpg
    new intercooler pictures 004.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 628
  • new intercooler pictures 018.jpg
    new intercooler pictures 018.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 631
  • new intercooler pictures 019.jpg
    new intercooler pictures 019.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 612
  • new intercooler pictures 022.jpg
    new intercooler pictures 022.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 605
To put it quite simply, your looking at 1000.9 hp at the wheels engine bay and trunk. Enough said... :biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Simply Amazing!!!

Danny, I hope you don't mind me answering their questions...

Mike

LOL, I guess I now know what a 1000.9 whp looks like...haha. I guess I understand what I'm in for if I ever wanted that....hehe. Twin Turbo right? I'm also guessing that you don't have stock internals? Is it still 3.2? Have you got a 1/4 mile time yet? Or a 0-60?

Thanks,
Chris

WOW ~ 1000+ hp from any car is impressive but in an NSX just WOW! Do you have any time slips or dyno runs on that baby? It sure does look intimidating - I would love to see an Acura dealer's face if you told them it should be under warranty...hehe!

I'm slowly learning the terminology on the engine components and what can be done. Quite a few nsxprime guys have bling engine bays as I saw this past weekend. I still have a lot of chrome and other parts to add but here's a shot of another prime member's engine bay:

enginerob.jpg

and mine currently....
enginerick.jpg

that led in the engine compartment looks pretty sick. any links on how i can do that? thanks S4play.

oh yah, btw, danny has the one of the most done up engine bays! love yer e46fanatics sig (1khp and stock dome lights) haha...

nice mounting of the z10 (or moroso) catch can and the aebs meziere water pump! looks super high up haha!

how do you even get traction?!! :eek:

damn, got some nice engine bays here..

rick..didn't you see this article? i saw this while i was still in indiana (i was debating on buying a HKS intake myself when i had the teg)

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

WOW WOW :eek:

So I wonder where this puts the GruppeM large Kevlar intake in the rankings since that is one expensive Intake setup!!! Anyone know?

rk

the gruppe m is essentially the k&n intake. so power gains would be on that page on par with k&N, you buy the gruppe m for the high quality design, kevlar construction and the awesome snarl it make your nsx have. it would really add to your gt one exhaust. i had one and loved every minute of it with my taitec gt lw

Question, will this GruppeM intake give the car a more throaty roar? any HP gains with this setup?

4741IntakeGruppeM_001.jpg
I used to run stock airbox with uni, and compared to that the GM intake sounds alot more "raw", and the "sucking sound" is insane when you floor it!
I run an aftermarket non-isolated engine cover and it probably amplifies the experience even more.

Car feels like it pulls a little stronger from mid range.

I love the LoveFab! The install is so clean. I hope to go that route some day.

Yeah, no question the Lovefab setup is clean, Cody does nice work :biggrin:

Not feeling it for the neon lights in the engine bay. I thought s4play was swearing off the rice mods! Might be fine for a car show but anywhere else I'd be a little embarrassed to have them on. Rick, I've seen your shifter and wheels for sale, the HKS Super Mega Flow for sale etc. Just take your time, figure out what you want, whats available and execute the gameplan. You're starting to be Scorpish ;)

+1 vote for brushed/machined aluminum look. Keep the NSX out of Super Street.

I agree with John, the lights in the engine bay look horrible. Reminds me when I was in highschool when I had my 93 twin turbo z, with green street glow lights underneath the car. What was I thinking. :eek: Frank

Not feeling it for the neon lights in the engine bay. I thought s4play was swearing off the rice mods! Might be fine for a car show but anywhere else I'd be a little embarrassed to have them on. Rick, I've seen your shifter and wheels for sale, the HKS Super Mega Flow for sale etc. Just take your time, figure out what you want, whats available and execute the gameplan. You're starting to be Scorpish ;)
Oyagi, I just saw your post....hehehe - first off we are in the new century and it's not neon, we use LED's now :) I know many people think it's odd to have lights in the engine bay but mine are professionally installed and ONLY visible sign is the switch. They create a nice glow that is super useful if you ever need to work on the engine bay in the dark or on the side of a street god forbid. They have a purpose :biggrin:

Anyways I like to try new things - as long as it's not permanent, can easily be removed. The SSK I simply did not like the feel so got rid of it. Wheels I go through like underwear so no biggie, I'm pretty settled on my new LM setup anyways....

I've got a new engine bay look as I got rid of the HKS filter so will post an updated picture soon!

I believe Danny's car is 1000.9 calculated at the crank, and 850 something at the wheels, right Danny? no small feat, that engine is laying power down like a 16 cylinder quad turbocharged Buggati Veyron. Just amazing.

I would still love to know what Danny's 0-60 time and 1/4mi times are?

Does anyone know?

Not as good as you would think. The power is not very usable and there is almost no way to put that much power effectively to the ground. All the better because he would probably destroy an axel or tranny if he did hook up. Danny can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it pulls in better times detuned from it's peak numbers.

Not as good as you would think. The power is not very usable and there is almost no way to put that much power effectively to the ground. All the better because he would probably destroy an axel or tranny if he did hook up. Danny can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it pulls in better times detuned from it's peak numbers.

I was told that the NSX will lay down the best numbers / Performance at 650 RWHP. Anything more than that is really unusable. Not sure how true it is but I’ve heard it more than once……

Back