• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Engine Bay Dressed Up ~who's got the most BLING?

I searched and couldn't find such a thread on this site. I'm sure many of you have spent big $$$ on your engine bay (whether it's dress up or purely for performance) doesn't matter!

Let me see what's out there.........looking to dress up my bland engine bay a bit with perhaps a STB, some CF parts, etc.

Post up your pics!

I have nothing to show but I'll start with a shot of mine which is pure stock except for the CF rear window trim.

rick

IMG_1271.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yep, Chromatose takes the cake on that one.

However, I saw a blue one a couple years ago at the J-Town car show in the underground garage and it was just as extravagant!

Last edited:
Rob from the Sacramento crew will be Wekfest this Sunday in SF. Rick, be sure to check out his engine bay...actually, it will be very easy to spot Rob's car once the hatch is open. :biggrin:

Rob from the Sacramento crew will be Wekfest this Sunday in SF. Rick, be sure to check out his engine bay...actually, it will be very easy to spot Rob's car once the hatch is open. :biggrin:

Is Rob's engine bay in this picture thread? I will be sure to check it out! :)

rk

I don't hold a candle to Chromatose, but I bet mine is faster! :biggrin:

20902070019_large.jpg

Engine Bay Pic: Weldon 2345 fuel pump (260 gph @40 psi or 2000 hp) at the bottom, Mercury Marine CDI coils (x6), custom fuel rails, custom Aluminum Intercooler reservoir, SOS coolant expansion tank, oil catch can, Tial BOV, custom billet strut bar.

Trunk pic: 3 qt. Accumsump, Twin 4-core Laminova Air/liquid Intercoolers, UNI drag race air filter (needs to be polished!)

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
Engine Bay Pic: Weldon 2345 fuel pump (260 gph @40 psi or 2000 hp) at the bottom, Mercury Marine CDI coils (x6), custom fuel rails, custom Aluminum Intercooler reservoir, SOS coolant expansion tank, oil catch can, Tial BOV, custom billet strut bar.

Trunk pic: 3 qt. Accumsump, Twin 4-core Laminova Air/liquid Intercoolers, UNI drag race air filter (needs to be polished!)

Regards,

Danny

Danny, OMG what does all that do? Can you explain in layman terms? hahaha

I'm sure your car is amazing but are all those parts really needed?

rk

I would like to know the answer to this questions as well.

I believe Vance Hu has the same airbox. My guess is "yes" although a stock box + UNI filter + CAI (Cantrell or Downforce) will allow you to hear it better when your driver window is down. When my engine was still NA 325 rwhp@ 9200 rpm, I used to rev it up just for the thrill of hearing it more than the rush of acceleration.

Regards,

Danny

I would like to know the answer to this questions as well.

I have it and the sound is very noticeable. The filter is HUGE. When I bought it based on photos I assumed it was a little bigger than most cone filters I've seen but when it arrived, it surprised me...its like a medium sized deep dish pizza. :cool:

Because of the size of the kevlar surround, it amplifies the intake Whoosh! much like a trumpet. My kids think its cool cuz my car "sighs" after I shut her down.

Peformance gains are prob about 3-5hp in the high end of the rev range, according to ye olde butte dyno. :biggrin:

Here's another shot of mine:
n690446223_453717_7651.jpg

Last edited:
Oyagi: What are those massive chrome pipes in your engine bay? I didn't know you were so heavily modded "engine wise" Care to share some more pics? I like the GruppeM Intake but my car is only N/A so does the GruppeM setup come with a polished chrome pipe as well for installation?

Let me know!

rick

Oyagi: What are those massive chrome pipes in your engine bay? I didn't know you were so heavily modded "engine wise" Care to share some more pics? I like the GruppeM Intake but my car is only N/A so does the GruppeM setup come with a polished chrome pipe as well for installation?

Let me know!

rick

Here's a shot from 2 years ago. I've actually ditched all the decals on the fuse box (they were there to cover up a lot of scratches but I've since had it re-polished :biggrin:) and engine bay.
n690446223_623343_3727.jpg

The chrome pipes are the hard pipes on my Gruppe M supercharger. The 'regular' piping is a matte grey. The GM intake is just the kevlar portion and it attaches to your intake inlet, so no chrome bling if you guy it alone.

Engine-wise performance my car's got the blower, 550 cc injectors, walbro pump, AEM EMS, balanced and blueprinted, but otherwise stock internals. In my bay I have the Carbing STB, GReddy catch can, Dali fuse box cover and round coolant tank, and Gruppe M kevlar engine hatch trim (helps in preventing the glass cover from slamming!).

Another shot (BYS wing now replaced with NSX-R wing):
n690446223_1692540_4181.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, Chromatose's engine bay was INSANE. Here are a few pics of mine though:

el1cu1.jpg

6r7akp.jpg

68zo90.jpg

Regards,

Danny

W...T...F...???? Please explain what I'm looking at? :confused::confused::confused:

Danny, OMG what does all that do? Can you explain in layman terms? hahaha

I'm sure your car is amazing but are all those parts really needed?

rk

To put it quite simply, your looking at 1000.9 hp at the wheels engine bay and trunk. Enough said... :biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Simply Amazing!!!

Danny, I hope you don't mind me answering their questions...

Mike

Back