• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cincy SCCA Autoxcross - 1st Place

The way they had it setup was stupid. They divided it up into 2 heats of 50 cars. Heat 1 ran 5 x, then lunch. Then Heat 2. So I had to stand in corner 1 with no breaks for 2 hrs chasing cones. So I ran from what, 1:45 - 4.

Bad system.

http://cincyscca.com/solopage.php

Next one is at Kilkare Raceway - where ever that is. Then back to Turfway and then to River Downs from Sept on.

I think it would beA Stock Prepared - because of the SC. Have to look through the SCCA class rulebook. Ya, we'll get you signed up an everything - the next event is May 31. However, next Sun they need volunteers for One Lap of America - which will be at Turfway (since Blue Grass isn't done) and the volunteers will get to run for a couple of hours after for free. I am working Sun, but I may be sick.

Last edited:
I think it would beA Stock Prepared - because of the SC. Have to look through the SCCA class rulebook. Ya, we'll get you signed up an everything - the next event is May 31. However, next Sun they need volunteers for One Lap of America - which will be at Turfway (since Blue Grass isn't done) and the volunteers will get to run for a couple of hours after for free. I am working Sun, but I may be sick.

he would deffently be in the prep class, and good job with 1st
I got 2nd once when I went, and destroyed the tires playing drift racer with the tc off lol
and I accomplished my goal of beating the suped up as all hell Beetle lol
and most of the lotuses/loti to boot :)

Jim,

I am running in the Bluegrass division down here in Louisville. I have pretty much the same setup except for a Exedy single plate and JUN flywheel and some cf exterior bits. My suspension is just eibach lowering springs. I was told I had to compete in ASP?! Can I run A stock with my current config?

Thanks,

CJ

Jim,

I am running in the Bluegrass division down here in Louisville. I have pretty much the same setup except for a Exedy single plate and JUN flywheel and some cf exterior bits. My suspension is just eibach lowering springs. I was told I had to compete in ASP?! Can I run A stock with my current config?

Thanks,

CJ

You have to look through the rule book for class config. I'm not going to nationals and couldn't care less about the points as it's fake racing on an imaginary track anyway. The way I read the rule book, double adjustable dampers/springs are still OK.

A. The make of shock absorbers may be substituted providing that
the number, type (e.g., tube, lever, etc.), system of attachment
and attachment points are not altered, except as noted below.
The interchange of gas and hydraulic shocks absorbers is permitted.
The following restrictions apply:

1. No more than two separate external shock damping adjustment
controls. This permits the use of shocks which originally
came with more than two external adjustments, which
have been converted to double-adjustables, only if the additional
adjustment controls have been permanently disabled
(e.g. via welding, epoxying, grinding off). Gas pressure
adjustment is not considered a damping adjustment.

from page 69 of the SCCA rulebook re Stock class:

L. Limited-slip differential, transmission and differential ratios, clutch
mechanisms and carburetion, fuel injection or supercharger
induction systems must be standard as herein defined.

So I guess the flywheel would move you to ASP, but it's not like that it gives you any real advantage.
Unless you plan on competing at Nationals where they can impound your car to determine compliance, don't tell them about it. :rolleyes:
Here in Cincy ASP class would put me in with Danny Popp and his 600hp, highly modified 7 time National Champ Z06. :eek:

20090426-1560.jpg

Last edited:
A stock it is. I have some HEAVILY modded Z06's in my class as is. I ma still within a couple secs even though they are running slicks.

Thanks again.

I wont tell about the flywheel if you don't....

Back