• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: 1998 NSX-T Black/Black

Car still for sale? Are you gonna post the VIN? If you seriously want to sell the car, you're gonna have to put an email or phone so we can contact you, or at least reply to these posts.

sorry about the late reply, i will be posting pics up this weekend when i get the time to do so... I already got an offer from a local dealer for $55k..... so I would like to get something higher than $55k. I really would like to sell the car to someone rather than to just trade-in to dealership...

email me at

[email protected]

i will send you the pics
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bayareansx1999 (edited 09 January 2003).]

I'm with you MAKO. I have seen 2000s in the low 50 to mid 50's sell with 5-10k miles. Something does not pass the smell test and if 55k is ACV then more power to bayareansx1999.

P.S. to bayareansx1999.... In the car business it is often said..."your first money is your best money." I say take the money and run.

Can you take some more pictures, like when it's not dark.....hard to see a black car at night.....

Dealers in LA would only offer me 53K on a 99 Blue NSX T with HRE Rims, Comptech Hdrs and Exhaust and an extended warr...If you got $55K, take it before they change their mind...

I was able to sell my car recently for $61k

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 13 January 2003).]

I agree. Take the $55k. If you're asking $56k and a dealer is offering $55k, isn't it worth $1k to not have to deal with finding a buyer, needing that buyer to get financing, having to obtain the title from your lienholder (assuming you have a lien), and transferring title to the new buyer? Take the money and run.

TAKE the $55K....if that price is still available. You are one lucky NSX owner for getting that price if it's valid.

Here was my cash price when I brought mine in but I just laughed, turned around and never gone back.

'98 Blue/Tan NSX-T....18k miles
Offer: ridiculous!! first offer $35k
a call to my office an hour later telling me that they've made a mistake on the year. they were offering me $40k...haa..another joke.

What does this mean? They want my car but not at a price they can afford.

Once again, TAKE the $55k!!!

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

I want to see the 2000's in the low to mid-50's range. If the NSX market has gotten so incredibly bad that 2000's are in the low 50's then Ill park my 98 uptown with the keys in it, collect the insurance, and buy a new one.

On sale boards there are always posts claiming that "the market" is tens of thousands less than what I find.

The lowest 2000 on Autotrader is $60k with 28k miles. I wish F360's were 80k, but that doesn't make it so...

Blue Knight... I was just offered $40k for my 98 from Car Cash, 5 Towns Porsche of Long Island and Land Rover of Long Island and it has 56k miles. They said the offer would have been significantly higher if the mileage were around the 20k range ("normal" for an NSX) If you were offered $40k something is very wrong... All the places I went were reading RIGHT from the book that ALL dealers use... It was the same book at Car Cash and the dealers and I looked right at it...

Oh, and I agree 100% with WeakestLink, btw. I would be willing to take MORE than a $1k hit to avoid having to deal with the public. Everyone will want the car, but only 1 in 1000 can afford it so the other 999 will just try to convince you your price is "way off". For $1k, give the thing to the dealer!

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 16 January 2003).]

spookyp,

remember that the price is a "listed" price. unless the seller says it's firm (which usually isn't when you're a truly serious buyer), the price can be pretty flexible. Dealers and private sellers will always go down. For an exotic car such as the NSX, I don't think any books out there can give the trade/buy/sell prices.

furthermore, having dealt with many dealers in my lifetime, i realized one thing that is as consistent as gravity. a car that is brought in most likely gets the "fair" rating trade-in price no matter how good your car looks. you think the 10 minutes they've spent looking at your car will allow them to realize how many coats of zaino you have on or how much time you've spent avoiding rock chips???? never ever expect them to give you a "good" rating let alone an "excellent" one.

therefore, the prices we've seen and are willing to pay are based on the average prices of all of our cars. if i see others getting their NSXs at $50k, i sure don't want to pay $60k for mine (same condition car) or even at $40k because something must be wrong with the car. we all have a pretty good idea how much NSXs cost based on the condition of the car. i think NSXers are born with this gift...
smile.gif
let's just hope that we are wise in using it....

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

[This message has been edited by Blue Knight (edited 16 January 2003).]

Back