• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Give your NSX a modern look ~ LED DRL in choice of Amber/White ~ Bolt-On or Headlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the picture dawk ~ looks great!

Thanks for your patience for those who sent in their headlights - 2 sets are done and ready to be shipped out today! The ver.2 LED's fit the nsx headlight curvature really nicely.

Here's a sample setup (notice the amber bulb on one side and the clear LED bulbs on the other side that blinks amber when on)

This set will be going out today as well for installation :biggrin:

headambervsclear.jpg

LEDvsAmberBulb.jpg

Please get a pic of this on the car. I am still on the fence on the LED's. I'll send mine in as soon as I make this decision. Frankly one worry I have is that if an LED goes out on that strip, you must pull the headlamp apart again and we haven't tested this real long term. A number of LED's have failed in my housing due to heat.

How do you have these wired? as parking lights or DRL's?

Last edited:
Please get a pic of this on the car. I am still on the fence on the LED's. I'll send mine in as soon as I make this decision. Frankly one worry I have is that if an LED goes out on that strip, you must pull the headlamp apart again and we haven't tested this real long term. A number of LED's have failed in my housing due to heat.

Mine are wired to my parking lights so I have some control over when they are turned on. Wiring as DRL's is pretty easy as well :)

We have about a dozen sets of headlights out with s2000, bmw, nsx, and motorcycle clients and none of them have had LED failures.

In my s2000 I've had them in my car for well over 6 months without any issues and this is in the CA sun.

rick

Hi Rick

I ordered a valentine one radar mount from you. Was wondering if you had the leds for a 95 in stk and how much are they?
Thanks
Paul M

Hi Rick

I ordered a valentine one radar mount from you. Was wondering if you had the leds for a 95 in stk and how much are they?
Thanks
Paul M

Thanks Paul for the orders, we were able to ship your DRL's and v1 bracket all together, PM'd you tracking info :)

Finally got caught up with orders, I have 3 pairs of 2002+ NSX DRL's ready to ship and 2 pairs of <2001 body NSX DRL's ready to go as well!

Payment received same day before 11:30 am will ship SAME DAY! :biggrin:

Happy Friday

Finally got time to install the headlights :smile: LED v2's
I'll try to take pics tonight:wink:

Were are the 91-01 photos? :smile:

Were are the 91-01 photos? :smile:

Oscar, your lights got shipped out last Friday! Sorry for delay - please post some pictures of the final outcome when you get them.

It's been a 100 degree plus weekend so haven't got much work done here...

thanks!

Great job!* Thanks for supporting the NSX community through innovation.* I would like to order one of your remaining NA1 sets.* However, going up your website, there doesn't seem to be any distinction between the model years.* Is the $189.00 set one size fits all with the choice of white or amber being the only option?* Thanks in advance.

Finally got time to install the headlights :smile: LED v2's
I'll try to take pics tonight:wink:

Awesome thanks. Wide angle please so I can see the whole nose of the car. :smile:

Oscar, your lights got shipped out last Friday! Sorry for delay - please post some pictures of the final outcome when you get them.

It's been a 100 degree plus weekend so haven't got much work done here...

thanks!

OH MAN, that is awesome! ... I am very happy!

Here you go...pics on the car. Sorry they aren't the best. :redface:

:wink: I LOVE them!!
Easy to install (45 -both sides- minutes been super picky) .. i took pics of the installation, later on i'll give to Rick to put on his site as PDF to use as reference, during the day they look fantastic, they are not intrusive nor bling bling, it does add some extra flashiness to our nsx -not that the NSX is flashy enough- but yeah, @ night it also looks great, the best is that it doesn't look "rice" or out of place @ all ... i'll meet some car guys this weekend and see what they say :) but I am very happy myself.

DSC03150.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

DSC03155.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

DSC03158.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

Oscar

Wow very nice on red. I like:smile:

Sorry, more pics :tongue:

I like how clean it looks when off, it does barely get noticed ...

DSC03164.jpg

now, the last pics i promise!

DSC03203.jpg

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

DSC03173.jpg

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

DSC03186.jpg

DSC03185.jpg

DSC03188.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

Oscar

Question about the wiring for ver 1...they use the turn signal wires or parking light wires? Do they flash like turn signals then?

Question about the wiring for ver 1...they use the turn signal wires or parking light wires? Do they flash like turn signals then?

Great question and the answer is it can be hooked up to either based on what you want the lights to do.

Take a look at my answers on page 3 of this post since we're doing something similiar for s2000 owners here:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=713149&st=0

The wiring is so easy anyone can do it in 10-15 minutes :)

a) Lower white LED's can act as DRL's meaning they come on whenever car is running so it makes the car easier to see in daytime.

b) Lower white LED's can be hooked up to parking lights so they are turned on via the parking lights stalk

c) Lower white LED's can be wired to blinkers AND parking lights (requires a special relay setup that I've learned while doing my motorcycle wiring)

d) Lower white LED's can be custom wired to a switch so they can be controlled anytime owner wants them such as car shows, car meets, etc.

Whats the life of these led lights? and what happens if one goes out, can one led get replaced or does the whole thing have to get replaced?

Excellent question and as another poster said, LED's in general have EXTREMELY long life and low heat output thus they do last a very long time. I've experimented with many different brands as quality does make a difference and these are the best.

The ones that you see here have been used in my s2000 for well over 6 months with no issue. I've been using these same LED's in stereo setups and other accent lighting as well and they have proven to be excellent in terms of wear. Most likley they will last longer than most people keep cars!

As a testament to the low power draw, I once left my LED's accidently on for a long weekend while on a Tahoe ski trip. Came back, car started right up and the s2000 has a TINY battery!

rick

UPDATE: 7/30/09

Just shipped out one more set today so caught up on backorders! thanks again to everyone for their patience :)

We have x2 sets of the 2002+ DRL's in stock ready to ship and x3 sets of the 91-01 DRL's ready to go!

FYI we just did a local install on a 1991 NSX with the Downforce 2002+ fiberglass bumper and though the shape looks exactly like a 2002 bumper the openings in the lower fog areas are not the same size. Apparently it's a bit shorter but no worries now that I have the template I can build more. Just please remember to specify if you have a Downforce 2002+ bumper :)

Look for some pics of this black beauty once I get a chance to take some.

thanks
rick

Rick,

Thanks for the custom order.

+1 on the pictures on the 02+ with DRLs in the headlight installed on the car.

Im very happy with the leds. Very easy install.took me about 15 min.

I'm looking to pick up some hid's to match them. Would you happen to know which ones would work? 6000k? im not sure
Thanks
Paul M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back