• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Give your NSX a modern look ~ LED DRL in choice of Amber/White ~ Bolt-On or Headlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Imola car with amber signal lenses in the front. I think the Amber would probably flow with my car a little better than the white. Can someone show me some pics of the amber lights?

No problem, we’re glad to do custom orders for any type of lighting mod so just PM me and I’ll do whatever I can to help!

Raven: Hopefully you found my instructions helpful but if you have any issues just give me a call as we’re always online for tech support!

PAUL M: Sent you a PM but I would definitely recommend 6000k HID system to match the LED’s. The 4300k HID seems white but once you put it next to a set of 6000k LED’s you will notice how yellowish they really are!

PhiAlpha44: I finally found the pictures of the white NSX donor car that we test fitted amber DRL on the car. Let me know if you are still interested and I’ll forward you those pictures.

Thanks
rick

We did the parking lights and LED strip on bottom ducts and they look great. Pics do not do them justice. Night photos will follow soon. Thanks again Rick for the great product and service! :)

P1070129.jpg

P1070131.jpg

P1070130.jpg

ekin95: Thanks for posting those pictures - they look stunning on LBBP! :biggrin:

Glad we got all your questions sorted out - I love how they turned out on your car and really gives it a cutting edge sports car look. Practically every new high end luxury car mfr. has integrated LED's into their lineup and I think the NSX deserves it as well.

Gerat job!

rick

thanks guys - we are caught up again on orders and just shipped our first set of NSX DRL's to a gentleman in Hawaii :biggrin:

We have x2 sets in stock for immediate shipment for the pre 2002+ NSX owners!

Should have another shipment ready to go by next week. Orders usually ship within 1-2 business days.

thanks!

Apologies for those three orders as parts were backordered...we just got a shipment and all orders just shipped out today USPS :)

I have x3 sets ready for shipment so PM me if you are interested, first come first serve.

rick

I've gotten a lot of questions so wanted to address them here:

1) Are they waterproof? These units are fully water resistant and work fine in the rain. We have quite a few guys in South Florida who can attest to this fact :smile:

2) Do you need to drill any holes? Absolutely NOT, we designed this setup to be non-invasive meaing you can remove it at anytime with no trace of it ever being installed!

3) How fast can you ship? We usually stock 2-3 sets of these so we can ship next business day in most cases and do accomodate any rush orders

4) Do you need a professional to install? Nope, anyone with basic tools knowlege can install this in under 1 hour. You are only tapping 2 wires and we include a nice instruction sheet and offer online tech support via AIM monday-friday :wink:

Any other questions just email us or PM anytime as we are here to serve you.

thanks!

Monthly update, as of January, 2010 we have a few sets in inventory ready to ship:

Pre-facelifted <2001 - x3 sets in stock ready to ship

2002+ stock body - x2 sets ready to ship

We can also modify your NSX headlights for LED's inside the headlamp, remove amber pieces and do the 2002+ NSX wobble fix.

(visit our website:)
www.euroboutique.us

Last edited:
Here's a set of NSX and IS-F headlights under the "knife"

Both sets are getting painted a partial matte black and we're adding LED's and "smoking" the amber pieces for the owners.

This should look wicked on the NSX to give it a tasteful but more sinister appearance..........:wink:

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

UPDATE: If you are even thinking of painting your headlights, I suggest doing either matte black or white. Any other color is tough to pull off...

The amber piece was carefully smoked with a special paint mixture to allow the lense to still blink amber when turned on. You can see the difference in the right headlight vs. the left.

Next step, LED upgrades....:biggrin:

IMG_5987.jpg

Why is the section above the lenses and the outside (where amber is) not painted as well? If you have done this, do you have any pics?

Thx

Jeff

UPDATE: If you are even thinking of painting your headlights, I suggest doing either matte black or white. Any other color is tough to pull off...

The amber piece was carefully smoked with a special paint mixture to allow the lense to still blink amber when turned on. You can see the difference in the right headlight vs. the left.

Next step, LED upgrades....:biggrin:

IMG_5987.jpg

Looking sweet.........I think these will be a big seller when complete.:cool:

UPDATES? :smile:

For some reason I can't update the first post anymore :confused: so I will do a page update here.

For the Ver.3 lights (LED's integrated inside the 2002+ headlamp) you have a few choices. We can either add the LED's into the lower portion following the contours of the headlight or we can also create the LED rings around the projectors.

If you are deciding to do the Ver.3 lights, please ask us about the Headlight Bounce "Fix" since it can be done at the same time while we have everything apart.

To recap, here's Ver.3(a)

IMG_4713.jpg

Here's Ver.3(b) (this client opted to get his lenses custom painted matte black and we also smoked out the amber pieces)

IMG_2828.jpg

Hurray!!!! I almost have headlights!!!! Thanks for all the hard work getting these built.......I will post installed photos as soon as they are back and installed!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

P.S. Maybe time for a groupbuy "thang"

Last edited:
Hurray!!!! I almost have headlights!!!! Thanks for all the hard work getting these built.......I will post installed photos as soon as they are back and installed!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Looking forward to those pics...

Can't wait to see night/day pics of the angel eyes!!!

Waiting for the fed ex truck.....will post photos:cool:

P.S. they will be remote control activated......

Waiting for the fed ex truck.....will post photos:cool:

P.S. they will be remote control activated......

I know :) I was one day too late to see them at Rick's place. Which is lucky for you, otherwise, they might have just "disappeared" :). Looking forward to those pics!!!

***edit, forgot to log onto my account ^^ is SFDreamer

Last edited:
We recently had a customer request to use these NSX LED's as DRL's on his car and was very helpful in getting us some DIY pictures on how to wire it up. The lights turned out very nice and we will be supplying all future DRL orders with the needed accessories.

here's some pics of his install:

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

I know this one isn't a NSX but we built custom brackets and wired this setup for DRL usage as well in this Cayman S:

IMG_2918.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back