• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Give your NSX a modern look ~ LED DRL in choice of Amber/White ~ Bolt-On or Headlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more LED projects using our even brighter LED's:

can anyone guess what kind of car this one is?
261976277_photobucket_39261_.jpg

crz

Im very interested, still have those led in stock? Are they bolt on? Where does it connected to? Thank you

We usually keep a few sets of each type in stock so just PM me and we can work from there. I'm actually in Durham, NC sometimes for work and can bring a set over if you like.

They sell very FAST and it's probably the best LED DRL solution out there and HAVE A WARRANTY :)

Our LATEST LEVEL 2 solution is now available for pre-2001 NSX owners :cool:

I know many of you have asked for a more integrated look that uses our high power LED's but inside the OEM bumper lense. For this to work we would need you to send in your set of OEM lenses for modification here or we can supply a new set of lenses.

The first step is to swap the blinkers from the inner position to the outer position. Normally the parking lights are on the outside and after this modification they will be the inner LED lights.

We can supply the proper amber LED bulb and matching resistor values to NOT trip the factory bulb out indicator.

Step one: (move the socket positions)
IMG_0822-1.jpg

Step two: (Amber LED bulb is now used for the blinkers to be legal)
IMG_0821.jpg

Step three: (LED's all installed and ready for car fitment)
IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Step four: (super sano OEM look and un-matched brightness from LED's)
IMG_2479.jpg

Some pictures of the LEVEL 2 LED's in daytime sun to give you an idea of the light output!

These were shot at 7am when I took the car out for a spirited drive - definitely makes the car more noticeable during the twilight and dusk hours! :biggrin:

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1046-1.jpg

IMG_1050-1.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

Last one with my favorite diffuser: (Another prime vendor)

IMG_1026.jpg

thanks for your orders fellas!

We just got stock and will be shipping out your LED DRL kits this week. :biggrin:

Any questions feel free to hit us up on LIVE CHAT via GMAIL during work hours or shoot us a PM.

We are always here to answer any questions!

thanks

I met up with an old friend the other day and he's one of the few NSX owners that has LED's built into his headlight.

Most unique and definitely a show stopper when turned on!

e4b92f40.jpg

e42d7b0f.jpg

(very envious of his hood and car, I definitely need a hood one day)

Finally finished our 5-LED integrated LED DRL (LEVEL 2) for a client's ride!

Turned out super nice and we're doing a quick burn-in prior to shipping....

What do you guys think? It has the benefits of high power LED but looks totally OEM in terms of fitment:

020f423d.jpg

80b487c2.jpg

On your site, there seems to be two different Level 1 DRL LED for 92'. What is the difference between them?
Thanks

Apologies for the mistake but there is actually only one version of the LEVEL 1 and one version of the LEVEL 2. The webmaster is working on fixing the errors but our site is actually a bit out-dated right now.

We actually are a vendor on NSXprime and sell a special LEVEL 2 version of these high output DRL’s that get mounted in the bumper complete with a booster LED module. These units use high quality mirrors that focus each LED light to give the same output as the Audi/Mercedes likes you see on the OEM cars.

Take a look at this link which will give you a lot of information. The same application works for the s2000 and NSX so we just need to know what model/year car you have when you order.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149179

Essentially the basics are:

1) LEVEL 1 LED DRL is a custom made in-house application we started many years ago. It’s very reliable and uses SMT LED technology and is an inexpensive solution for adding LED’s to your NSX with no permanent marks. The wiring is tapped into your existing parking lights for a quick and easy addition to any NSX for a nice modern look.
2) LEVEL 2 LED DRL is a much more advanced system that uses 5 individual high output LED’s each encased in individual mirrors to amplify the light and gives a very unique look just like the OEM. The quality is on par with OEM both in terms of brightness and output as the aluminum housing and amplifier allows for a simple plug/play setup that can be programmed for various DRL functions such as dimming and even turning off the LED on the side your blinker is activated. This setup from Mercedes is over $2k+ but we offer the same setup right now for $499.

Let me know if there’s any other questions I may answer for you!

Cheers!

Finally finished our 5-LED integrated LED DRL (LEVEL 2) for a client's ride!

Turned out super nice and we're doing a quick burn-in prior to shipping....

What do you guys think? It has the benefits of high power LED but looks totally OEM in terms of fitment:

020f423d.jpg

Was getting pretty excited there for a second when I saw this photo since it looks more uniform..

Any new developments on the "uniform bar look" like the newest Audis?
12576-web.jpg

2013-Audi-RS4-Avant-Headlight-Pictures-600x400.jpg

Last edited:
As of right now we have no plans to do the single LED bar since the engineering to create it is far more difficult than what you think.

Popularity wise the individual LED look is still the high demand item. For the Audi look we could probably build a one-off custom one for a client if they want but it would take some creative design work.

thanks

Does this car have turn signals? Nicest one yet? Cost/turn around time?

Dave

The quality and ease of install is stupendous. On a bright sunny day these are hard to miss still with brightness. At night you might aswell use these as a headlight lol.

Dave

The quality and ease of install is stupendous. On a bright sunny day these are hard to miss still with brightness. At night you might aswell use these as a headlight lol.
Gil I'd kinda hoped these would dim with headlamps on and I assume that option is offered with these particuliar ones {hopefully}.
I'm glad they have your approval though.

Gil I'd kinda hoped these would dim with headlamps on and I assume that option is offered with these particuliar ones {hopefully}.
I'm glad they have your approval though.

Yes the LED booster module on the LEVEL 2 lights have a logic setup that allows you to set it up for dim in 2 ways:

a) Dim when headlights are turned

b) Turn off the adjacent LED when that side's blinker is activated so people can see the blinker better (same as what OEM Audi does with their LED's)

Brightness is really superb as people see this light from far away whether in broad daylight or nighttime.

here's some daytime shots:

Picture1094.jpg

rollingnsx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back