• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Give your NSX a modern look ~ LED DRL in choice of Amber/White ~ Bolt-On or Headlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
LED’s is the latest and greatest multi purpose tool for many uses. You will see more and more modern cars implement the use of LED’s and I thought to myself why not try this with my NSX since I love my car but want a fresh modern look. Many people say it’s an Audi only modification but I disagree – just look at the new McLaren super car that also sports a similar look.

I’m an EE by trade and modifying cars is nothing new to me but this is the first product I created for my NSX. Look for more NSX products in the near future!

Please visit my site: [B]www.euroboutique.us[/B]

I came up with two versions:

Ver.1 (Involves no drilling, no baking, NOTHING) as I created my entire setup to be a stand alone mod. It’s totally waterproof and requires no screws or drilling to install. I put this version on my own NSX for testing and so far I LOVE IT! This is the ideal setup for NSX owners who do NOT wish to open up their headlights. I designed this setup to be completely stand alone and can be installed in roughly 10-30 minutes with only double sided tape and simple 2-wire hookup to your parking lights.

Closeup:
LEDCloseup.jpg

Daytime shot:
LEDdayshot.jpg

Nighttime shot:
LEDnightshot.jpg

Full look during daytime:
LEDfullcar.jpg

NA1 pure white lights installed!
groundview.jpg

na1purewhite_2.jpg

napurewhite_3.jpg

Ver.2 (We take apart your headlight and integrate it INSIDE the headlight) This mod is a great idea if you want us to take apart your headlight to do painting or clear corners, etc while we have it all apart. In this owner's case he also opted for us to fix the "bouncing headlight" problem. This one is not done yet but here's a preliminary picture so you get the idea. Owners who chose this route I highly suggest you let us fix headlight bouncing issue at the same time.

Baked Headlight Exposed:
nsxrepair_1.jpg

Headlight Bounce Repair:
nsxrepair_4.jpg

Final Product:
IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

driverlight_2.jpg

passlight.jpg

Each version has its merits and downfalls but again it all comes down to personal style. Keep in mind Ver.1 is a direct bolt on affair with no screws and totally removable leaving no trace for those of us who do not want to permanently modify their beloved NSX. Ver.2 is ideal if you want to open up the headlight and get an integrated look. Since Ver.2 requires baking the headlights open you can also take the opportunity to have us fix the headlight “bounce” issue, remove the amber corners, or paint the headlight housing matte black, etc!

Ver.1 cost complete is $189 + shipping (please state amber or pure white)

Ver.2 cost starts at $350 and varies based on options, requires you to send you in your headlights for work and we can guarantee a 2-day turn-around time.

To purchase please visit my store here: http://www.euroboutique.us/store.html

Thanks
Rick

Last edited:
Rick,

PM me a quote for just the headlight bounce fix, please.

J

Props for the little write up. In the 1st version I dont like it much because it is placed well below the actual headlights and that area is where fog lights should be.

I think the 2nd version will look much better.

What is this "bouncing headlight" problem?

Also when you say "us", who are you referring to? Do you own a shop that will do the work?

What about "cat eyes" like the BMW's?

how would the version 1 look on the pre-2002 with pop-up headlights?

Is there different color on the white? (5000 or 6000k)

It's coming, I am number one on the line :D

Oscar

OEM HID color is 4300k which looks white but has a slight yellowish tint.

My NSX headlights are upgraded to 6000k bulbs and these LED DRL's are matching 6000k. The difference between 5k and 6k is inperceptible. There is an 8k option but it's too blue trust me (looks ricey).

Oscar is right he should have a set of these on his NSX soon :)

Roger, I think you meant angel eyes :biggrin:

PLEASE....NO angel eyes on the NSX! haha :eek:

Sorry for the delay in PM's guys, I've been out of town so when I get back tomorrow I will be hard at work in the garage trying to get a few more sets ready to go....

thanks for patience as it's just me hand building these but I appreciate all the advice and tips you guys have given me so far!

rick

Here is an example

Attachments

• user17310_pic175_1218438130.jpg
    user17310_pic175_1218438130.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 919
thanks to a local member we were able to do a mock test of the NA1 LED's - the LED strip is actually longer and the fit is not the same due to the internal bumper shape.

OF course on the final version the wiring would be tucked away and not visible but you can get an idea of how it would look plus these are the AMBER LED's for those who were intersted :)

Last edited:
Just to be clear, the "version 1.0" are the LED's in the fog departments..?

Yes sir :)

Thanks Oscar for the clarification boy you are fast! hehe

I got our first shipment of parts so for the 5 nsxprime members who already ordered, your sets will go out first on Monday.

I will have 5 more sets READY TO SHIP by Monday so for those who were waiting on me for parts, please checkout on my site (www.euroboutique.us)

These DRL LED's can ONLY BE USED on 2002+ NSX's only right now, the NA1 bumper is not the same so I have to work on a new template.

ON a side-note a few of you guys have PM'd me about doing other custom work and yes I can accomodate any special request. We can do custom painting of the silver lense, LED rings (aka the clearcorners) or I also have the parts to do the entire LED retrofit for your headlight at a fraction of the going rate.

I promise some more pictures in the very near future, thanks for your patience as making these by hand is harder than I thought!

Finally caught up a bit over the long memorial day weekend!

The 5 sets that were on backorder (thanks guys for being patient are shipping out tomorrow).

I have 4 more additional sets ready to ship, first come first serve :)
(these are ONLY FOR 2002+ NSX's at this time as I have not completed the testing of the NA1 units)

thanks
rick

NA2DRLLED.jpg

I just bought a new lense for my 40D and was able to finally capture the look of these LED's as seen in person.

Intensity is SUPER BRIGHT and the spacing is just right now with the black LED's!

This is a setup I did for an s2000 client ready to ship: (equivalent ver.2 NSX inside the headlight)

IMG_1859.jpg

Since you are offering the "bounce" problem fix, are you also open to painting the inside of the lights as well.

Since you are offering the "bounce" problem fix, are you also open to painting the inside of the lights as well.

Yes sir, I'm doing a set for a buddy in matte black inners :) Just need paint code to do the color matching.

PM me for what you need.

So how can you get rid of the amber in the headlamps? How much would it be to do rings, get rid of the amber and fix the bounce? You can PM me if you want.

Hi S4Play,

Do you think you can do something like the new S65:

k4xwrs.jpg

egybk3.jpg

28wi9ht.jpg

x1exc0.jpg

70i889.jpg

This way, instead of taping it to the inside of the bumper, you can probably use the A/C Screens from places like Dali, secure your led to it and sell it for a much sturdy built. In addition, I really like the larger LED feel versus what you have right now (small dots across). Please let me know if this can be done and how much it would cost. Thank you.

P.S. Sorry, I had to borrow the picture from the gallery

Steven

Last edited:
I've already had the Audi S6 DRL's taken apart and dissected on my lab bench to see how Audi builds them so bright. Let me see if I can find some pictures but in summary, it's simply not cost effective to build.

Would you guys pay $500+, heck it would probably cost more around $1000+ in smaller volumes to make what Audi has. It's a complex circuit/amplifier with special mirrors for each LED to give it that kind of intensity....simply not realistic for a light mod. Keep in mind anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

At one point I was going to mold the entire S6 light assemblies into my s2000 bumper but it was too large of an setup and would hit my front tires.

The S65 amg lights are nice - did you go to the dealer to ask how much? I bet it's in the 4 digit range! :eek:

Thanks for the idea but right now my design is pretty bright and is very reasonably priced. Anything more advanced would cost big bucks sadly.

here's another shot of the LED's on a NA1. I have about 5 more kits ready to ship this week for the 91-2001 body NSX's.....so reserve yours now!

rick

IMG_0114.jpg

Hi Rick,

I just got back from Computex and I found out one of my old High School buddy has a company both design and manufacture LED lightings. If you can tell me the specs of how much power can be drawn and lumination required for each LED, I might be able to find out if he can provide 3D renderings/modeling of the geometic reflectors to increase intensity, what housing/lenses can be used, how much it would cost and MOQ. Of course, that is if you are interested in making this mod for a larger audience. If you're not up to it, no worries. I just thought to throw it out there and see if you are interested.

Steven

I did this mod myself a month ago. Easy mod, here's a pic if people are interested. Maybe S4play could sell a few more:biggrin:

NSX2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back