• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

full gloss! matte is too trendy now and almost too ricey IMO...... I think high gloss high metallic would look sick...... good luck! :biggrin:

I would have to agree with gloss. Had a few hours to prep the jams. Ran a little behind today but made some progress.

Door cradle has always been handy for me.
IMG_20120211_230938.jpg

IMG_20120211_231020.jpg

IMG_20120211_231927.jpg

IMG_20120211_171600.jpg

Completely disassembled the doors from its internals, seals, door lock mechanism etc. Interior is pretty simple. Bagged and tagged all the loose items for re-assembly.

After it is painted I won't be as quick as I was taking the parts of.

Last edited:
Wow this is gonna be nice, you should go full gloss for sure! When do you think the paint work will be completed?

Wow this is gonna be nice, you should go full gloss for sure! When do you think the paint work will be completed?

I am guestimating if no hiccups and work doesn't flood me about two weeks. Paint should be done this week. Tentative to change though.

Gil, I'm curious. Without reading the intire thread, your car has went through a few serious changes from the start only to return to near stock looking. Are you bored or just enjoy the process?:confused:

Gil, I'm curious. Without reading the intire thread, your car has went through a few serious changes from the start only to return to near stock looking. Are you bored or just enjoy the process?:confused:

Summary:

Sent to three different shops while overseas (waist of money and time) wanted to come back to a car to drive and enjoy.

I do enjoy hands on work but not repeated ones. After having others have their hands on the car I had went through the car to redo a majority minus some of the interior and carbon pcs which started to lift.

I can say I was bored and did not realize the NSX is as good as you get it.

Summary:

Sent to three different shops while overseas (waist of money and time) wanted to come back to a car to drive and enjoy.

I do enjoy hands on work but not repeated ones. After having others have their hands on the car I had went through the car to redo a majority minus some of the interior and carbon pcs which started to lift.

I can say I was bored and did not realize the NSX is as good as you get it.

:confused: Someday you'll have to finally share your story, haha.

:confused: Someday you'll have to finally share your story, haha.

Yes Sir I will once I have this journey end. Well just before I was going to spray the jams we ended up with some snow flurries and ice rain. Even with my heaters on to bake the paint I will hold off, do not want to rush this as much as I want to. Humidity level and ambient temp are not good.

Gil, you are getting old - I know because the same is happening to me, I put my NSX back to more stock appearing, my 355 I only want to change the wheels and that's it...

Back in the day I would have done widebody on BOTH... and crazy paint!

Good thing I didn't have money then.

Edit: I think the great challenge is to have a car that had TONS of mods but most are not visible at first glance if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Gil, you are getting old - I know because the same is happening to me, I put my NSX back to more stock appearing, my 355 I only want to change the wheels and that's it...

Back in the day I would have done widebody on BOTH... and crazy paint!

Good thing I didn't have money then.

Edit: I think the great challenge is to have a car that had TONS of mods but most are not visible at first glance if you know what I mean.

I totally agree, no denying!:frown:

I totally agree, no denying!:frown:

x2 I'm exactly the same anymore. Although I just did the diffuser/jp lip and new wheels on mine just to change it up so I don't sell, I find myself with all of my cars very simply modding and enjoying the OEM styling much more. Yikes :eek:

I opened the paint can today to see what it looks like in the sun and found this:

several ounces of Silver+Magenta+black+blue tint+binder=

:biggrin:

The car has yet been disassembled for the final time. After doing this repetitively it becomes second nature. Final scuffing occurs Friday. Painting begins hopefully this weekend.

Still debating on a flattening agent for the clear to make this a clear matte finish or go all out gloss clear.

Very cool I think the NSX came "NH604P: Magnum Grey Pearl" as a factory colour correct but was it avail in the NA market?

I'm acutally looking at painting my project car a similar colour. Can't wait to see your final completed project looking good thus far.

Very cool I think the NSX came "NH604P: Magnum Grey Pearl" as a factory colour correct but was it avail in the NA market?

I'm acutally looking at painting my project car a similar colour. Can't wait to see your final completed project looking good thus far.

Thank You!
I know of two Prime members across the Sea (Paul and another fella) who have this color currently from factory. I do not know of any others.

i think its age for many of us. lol we arent 20-25 anymore!

x2 I'm exactly the same anymore. Although I just did the diffuser/jp lip and new wheels on mine just to change it up so I don't sell, I find myself with all of my cars very simply modding and enjoying the OEM styling much more. Yikes :eek:

Nice build, want to see this bad boy in person when done, may need to come down to Houston.......Maybe Henry would pull out his red ride while there.....:biggrin:

Nice build, want to see this bad boy in person when done, may need to come down to Houston.......Maybe Henry would pull out his red ride while there.....:biggrin:

Hey Brent,

I think this year all of Texas should have one big meet. I see the Dallas group is a lot larger than I thought. Once completed I do plan on checking out the Cars and coffee meet.

Thanks for the order Gil!

Can't wait to see the Magnum grey! My paint was originally NH604P as well but I tinted it!

Thanks for the order Gil!

Can't wait to see the Magnum grey! My paint was originally NH604P as well but I tinted it!
Your welcome, I always wondered what your color was originally. Well here is a preview from the B pillars tonight. Shot the base with a Sata jet 3000 and clear with my new Sata jet 4000 RP gun. Surprising how quiet the gun shoots and how well it atomizes the paint. The magnum grey really pops out under fluorescent lighting.

1329363435.jpg

sideskirt
IMG_20120215_194816.jpg

Had a buddy come by
IMG_20120215_135433.jpg

IMG_20120215_135851.jpg

Ordered a new OEM windshield and new moldings and some other last minute items. If the weather can hold and work does not get to hectic I can finally have everything finalized soon.

Last edited:
Back