• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

How do you like those Sata guns? Ive been thinking about breaking down and buying one for shooting clear, but I jsut havent been able to convince myself to drop that much money on a gun I dont use all that often.

How do you like those Sata guns? Ive been thinking about breaking down and buying one for shooting clear, but I jsut havent been able to convince myself to drop that much money on a gun I dont use all that often.

You can't go wrong with that gun, it'll pay for itself by the job it does for you!!IMO

You can't go wrong with that gun, it'll pay for itself by the job it does for you!!IMO

Agreed, I have used the top of the line wata guns and a variety of others. It all boils down to preference. My guns had paid for themselves after the first side job. If you don`t have much use for it after minimal use these guns sell quick. If you have your car done at a shop I usually base workmanship of shop off of reputation, cleanliness and equipment being used.

I have the satajet and can say it is worth the money, I do not know if I would buck up for the Iwata.

Here is a before and after.

Silverstone OEM color
IMG_20120217_141431.jpg

Magnum Grey
IMG_20120218_173611.jpg

Looking good Gil, can't wait to see it all assembled. I love the new color! Did you order up a Turbo kit as well?

Finally receiving the last bit of OEM parts from the dealer and some after market goodies by next week to complete the exterior of the car.

Cut and buffed the doors and all loose pcs. Used 1200 grit to flatten surfaces evenly for that slick surface. Proceeded with 1500 grit lightly onto 3000 grit to reduce the amount of time from cut and buffing. I had ordered the Griots 6 inch and 3 inch tools along with their line of polishes. Never used their product and gave it a shot.

1330402958.jpg

20120226_185655.jpg

20120226_233945.jpg

All this week will be exterior detailing and careful assembly.

Past few days I have been working on small details while the car is parked in the driveway sun bathing. Purchased a different set of wheels which should arrive this week. Should have the car finalized by the weekend if all goes well.:biggrin:

Hood is just resting on top not bolted till I have the headlights and bumper mounted. Windshield re-installed, correct fender liners installed after I snapped these pics, Shark Antenna, Side mirrors, complete interior back in minus passenger seat, sway bars and constant cleaning of every single little thing before it is bolted on etc etc. My finger tips hurt!
20120304_175115.jpg

20120304_175130.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you paint it?

I have my own FDD Marathon Booth. Small pcs were shot in my garage such as hinge brackets, b pillar, a pillars and front lip. You won't be able to tell the difference in quality. The booth actually had more dust particles at one point more than my garage.

Hi,

can you give me the color code for your Magnum Grey?? :biggrin::biggrin: i think i will paint my 02+ wheels with it :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Back