• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

looks naked without the front emblem imo
also what exhaust you running?

Last edited:
looks naked without the front emblem imo
also what exhaust you running?

Part of the small details to apply. I have not color sanded or buffed the front. I ended up chipping two small corners and re cleared the front section after a small blend job. Emblem will be on day after tomorrow. :biggrin:

RM exhaust. I dont like it and I do like it.

Last edited:
absolutely sick! so glad you went with glossy paint instead of the matte finish! :eek::eek::eek: woah!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I am glad also, I base coated, tinted, cleared, color sanded and re-cleared to give the Magnum Grey some magnification and a little bit of room to keep a super slick surface. I will follow up with the front and do one final pass this Friday and stick the gauge to keep it within proper thickness.

I tried getting a close up of how the paint looks in the sun and it is hard to capture what you see in person.

Here is a camera phone pic. I tried many ways to capture color.
nsx_side_view.jpg

Last edited:
Car looks absolutely amazing!!! Love it!

Only thing would change is paint the mirror bases black to the aluminum doesn't stick out and clash so much. Great Great work though!!

The past few days I have been a little busy and have not worked on the NSX. I still have small details to take care of and will do so. As for the exterior this is how she looks so far.

Messed around with the camera but will have a shoot done once I do the final detail of the exterior and interior.

nsxxx.jpg

nsx_driveway.jpg

Car looks absolutely amazing!!! Love it!

Only thing would change is paint the mirror bases black to the aluminum doesn't stick out and clash so much. Great Great work though!!

Once I have Vroom's mirrors I won't have to do that!:smile:

+1

def. man with a plan! had to post again as the car is just simply AWESOME.

can't wait for the official photo shoot showcasing both the inner and outer beauty of this beast!

a few questions

- you going to stick with the stock wing?
- ur wheel package, is that 18x8 +30 19x10 +25 ? they look nicely flush

I've never liked these wheel until just now... Nice job.

Last edited:
The past few days I have been a little busy and have not worked on the NSX. I still have small details to take care of and will do so. As for the exterior this is how she looks so far.

Messed around with the camera but will have a shoot done once I do the final detail of the exterior and interior.

I like the way the colour came out looks sweet man good job!

Thanks, I am glad also, I base coated, tinted, cleared, color sanded and re-cleared to give the Magnum Grey some magnification and a little bit of room to keep a super slick surface. I will follow up with the front and do one final pass this Friday and stick the gauge to keep it within proper thickness.

I tried getting a close up of how the paint looks in the sun and it is hard to capture what you see in person.

Here is a camera phone pic. I tried many ways to capture color.
nsx_side_view.jpg

Nice!

Perfect stance, only thing that looks out of place are those mirrors. Other than that the car looks perfect. I'm in love w/ the color, I cant wait for some professional pics to do it justice. Have you considered painting the front lip semi gloss black?

+1

def. man with a plan! had to post again as the car is just simply AWESOME.

can't wait for the official photo shoot showcasing both the inner and outer beauty of this beast!

a few questions

- you going to stick with the stock wing?
- ur wheel package, is that 18x8 +30 19x10 +25 ? they look nicely flush

Thanks everyone, it was a lot of hustling for a good two weeks including ordering and sourcing OEM components. UPS guy just had to pull up in the driveway since it can host 22 cars and it is a long walk LOL for them.

My brothers are telling me to go with a NSXR replica wing. Quite honestly I like the wing and then I don't like it. Depends on the car and the exterior updates. I am up in the air. I do have a Sorcery NSX R style hood but I am keeping that on the market. The clean OEM updated look has me staring at the car before bed since completed lol.

You are correct on the offsets. They sit perfect to the body, no stance look, they do require a 8mm spacer for the rear. I was unable to install the BBK due to clearance of the disk type.

Perfect stance, only thing that looks out of place are those mirrors. Other than that the car looks perfect. I'm in love w/ the color, I cant wait for some professional pics to do it justice. Have you considered painting the front lip semi gloss black?

I think it is the pictures throwing the mirrors off. I was iffy also! I am debating on just installing a DF carbon front lip, or molding the current lip and removing the side vent portion. I was going to paint the lip gloss black but wanted to see how the full front color matched look. Either way black or color matched I couldn't go wrong.

Looks great Gil. Which emblem are you going with, red H or chrome Acura A or other? Don't tell me you skipped the BBK for those wheels?!? Still waiting on adv1's?

Last edited:
Looks great! now take a deep breath and tell yourself that you're not going to tear it apart again :)

I think it is the pictures throwing the mirrors off. I was iffy also! I am debating on just installing a DF carbon front lip, or molding the current lip and removing the side vent portion. I was going to paint the lip gloss black but wanted to see how the full front color matched look. Either way black or color matched I couldn't go wrong.

Maybe its the chrome base of the mirrors that has me on the fence. Molding out the side vents of your current lip will def. look good. No front emblem right?? :wink:

Maybe its the chrome base of the mirrors that has me on the fence. Molding out the side vents of your current lip will def. look good. No front emblem right?? :wink:

When I mentioned molding, I am referring to the side vent portion only for a clean look, Just want to ensure no molding to the bumper, that will def not hold up.

I have the OEM front "A" emblem. The updated rear tail lights has the "A" emblem currently.

The mirror I will do something about the base of it after Saturday. Funeral services to go to :frown:

Center caps "awaiting arrival" did not realize how expensive they are.

Just noticed I forgot to install the hood windshield squirters.

Debating on Diffusor. I currently have the Dali carbon version similar to the NSXR not installed though.

I shaved my front emblem and it sunk, I shaved the marker lights on my UZS161 bumper and same thing - on that car, I had to paint the bumper 3X for it to finally be gone...

Back