• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Should have pic updates this weekend. Been busy lately. I did manage to get some things done today.

I finally reinstalled the trunk carpet:redface:, Dialed in the suspension, carbon work for the carbon door handles, door switch plates, carbon battery box. Will work on molding the battery tray this Sunday.

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0351.JPG

DSC_0349.JPG

Super badass. One of my (and I'm sure many others) all time favorites on prime.

is that acura logo in front and honda in back?

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, In 6yrs 91 days I have put 209 miles on this car LOL. I still have to assemble the remaining audio components.

I have new pics taken but want to have the remaining exterior mods done before posting.

Mike (MVW) Both are Acura Logos, maybe the angle!

Last edited:
Gil,

You've got to post up some daytime/sunlight shots for the rest of Prime to see ... I know its stunning at night, but its even more interesting by day. Stop teasing your fellow primers!!

Your NSX looks fantastic ... so much so that I've been out and bought a heat gun ready to remove the wrap on mine ... I cant stand not having the Magnum much longer now you've posted all these photos!!

regards, Paul

Gil,

You've got to post up some daytime/sunlight shots for the rest of Prime to see ... I know its stunning at night, but its even more interesting by day. Stop teasing your fellow primers!!

Your NSX looks fantastic ... so much so that I've been out and bought a heat gun ready to remove the wrap on mine ... I cant stand not having the Magnum much longer now you've posted all these photos!!

regards, Paul

Paul,

You are totally right, I will get some nice daytime shots. How many authentic NSX's came in this color? I know you can count in under two hands the amount from the factory.

Paul,

You are totally right, I will get some nice daytime shots. How many authentic NSX's came in this color? I know you can count in under two hands the amount from the factory.

I believe I remember reading it's a total of 5 NSX came in Magnum Grey Pearl. I think it was 2 in the UK (Senninha + one other), 1 in Germany (Used to be owned by NSXRacer), and 2 in Japan (I think I read these two were purchased by people within Honda management). I could be wrong but I know I read a total of 5 from somewhere.

I had looked into this years ago so my memory is fuzzy. Wish I had saved my sources.

Last edited:
I believe I remember reading it's a total of 5 NSX came in Magnum Grey Pearl. I think it was 2 in the UK (Senninha + one other), 1 in Germany (Used to be owned by NSXRacer), and 2 in Japan (I think I read these two were purchased by people within Honda management). I could be wrong but I know I read a total of 5 from somewhere.

I had looked into this years ago so my memory is fuzzy. Wish I had saved my sources.

Well then..... That's awesome info. Funny thing if I did not paint the car this color or leave it white it would have been a color called, "blue by you" off of the EVO 8. It is a solid color that reminded me of the Buggatti EB110 and is very electrifying. Only issue I had was my interior with red carpet. I am glad I did go the subtle OEM color on the NSX.

I have to say you made a great color choice, I think it's one of the best colors made available for the NSX. What I always loved about this color is that in darker settings it looks similar to black chrome yet isn't exactly black. Looking forward to seeing more pics of the car. :)

Last edited:
I have to say you made a great color choice, I think it's one of the best colors made available for the NSX. What I always loved about this color is that in darker settings it looks similar to black chrome yet isn't exactly black. Looking forward to seeing more pics of the car. :)

It has a titanium look to it, in direct bright light there is quite a bit of metallic I have been trying to capture.

When the clouds are out it looks like a battleship grey color

Under flourecent light it gives off hughes of light, medium and dark shades.

The Imola, LBBP, Magnum would fall suit to this trying to capture the color but fails on camera.

Took this with my camera phone
Metallic.jpg

Last edited:
the car all put back together yet?? i wanna see some pix with the door opening showcasing that incredible interior :)

the car all put back together yet?? i wanna see some pix with the door opening showcasing that incredible interior :)

I have some pieces I am working on currently which include carbon door handles to complete the interior.

Nothing really else has changed. Here is a quick snap after a drive and check after doing some routine maintenance.

Interior24.jpg

Once I have the details completed I will have a nice shot of the interior.

It looks amazing man! and I love your interior!

Last edited:
I'd hate to know how much you have wrapped up in your car in total. The interior job Ravi did is a thing of beauty. I wish Honda sent them out like that from the factory.

awesome!

inside and out this is one crazy beautiful nsx. im curious to know what wheels you will settle on!

one of the longest yet best nsx builds of all time.

I have some pieces I am working on currently which include carbon door handles to complete the interior.

Once I have the details completed I will have a nice shot of the interior.

Back