• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

honda would never but lamborghini has been doing it for a while :)

I'd hate to know how much you have wrapped up in your car in total. The interior job Ravi did is a thing of beauty. I wish Honda sent them out like that from the factory.

no way which wheels?!??!

lol please tell me advan model 5 with specs

8 inch wide in front +30
10 inches rear +25

hehe

joking aside gils could really rock 17/18 or 18/19 advan avs 5 silver finish (synth19 style).

He already has a different set of wheels in the works... :biggrin:

Kelly (Ko-nsx) stopped by to take a peek!

Two_nsx.jpg

2nsx_2.jpg

Had a good time hanging out. I love the interior and the SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE!!!!
DSC00096.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00093.jpg
    DSC00093.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,182
I drove gils car and after ALL its been through, It feels factory tight! the paint is flaw less. Amazing skills for a guy with no shop! Seriously:eek:

Both nsx's look hot!

gil + tae have to battle it out as the top prime DIY'ers. gil did you paint your car yourself? ive always wondered what year is your car? from the arm rest i figure 91-92?

I drove gils car and after ALL its been through, It feels factory tight! the paint is flaw less. Amazing skills for a guy with no shop! Seriously:eek:

What a beauty!!!!!

Last edited:
WOW.

dont ever sell it!

3.2 L conversion or original c30?

Mike I have redone everything myself on the car minus the corner balancing, alignment and the interior alcantara.

It is a 1991. Only thing the car is missing is the six spd conversion and the ABS update.

you live in atx or htown?

cant wait to see the paint:tongue:

^^
Me too Gil, I want to see them in person. Too bad in live in Austin, I will have to wait til the 2012 NSX TX GTG. :biggrin::biggrin:

I live between Austin and Waco near Killeen. I plan on attending the cars and coffee then follow up the month after to Dallas for their cars and coffee. I have a few trips to take prior to doing another detail on the car lol.

The engine is a C30 engine sleeved, stroked and built to a 3.8 :biggrin:

Waiting on the OEM decals for the jams and under the hood to complete that like it was made that way look.

Last edited:
I live between Austin and Waco near Killeen. I plan on attending the cars and coffee then follow up the month after to Dallas for their cars and coffee. I have a few trips to take prior to doing another detail on the car lol.

The engine is a C30 engine :biggrin:

Waiting on the OEM decals for the jams and under the hood to complete that like it was made that way look.

are you coming to the june c&c in dallas? itll be great to see ur car!

can't wait to see!

what final wheels are you deciding on btw?

The engine is a C30 engine :biggrin:

Which ssr wheels?!? Good call staying away from the bbs lm look.

While I think those wheels look clean with the NSx I feel that your color and exterior can warrant a much more aggressive looking wheels.

no way which wheels?!??!

lol please tell me advan model 5 with specs

8 inch wide in front +30
10 inches rear +25

hehe

joking aside gils could really rock 17/18 or 18/19 advan avs 5 silver finish (synth19 style).

I do have other 2 wheel choices I am deciding on, to finally stick with. In my eyes I am still not convinced with the SSR wheels or the ESM wheels relieves my view of how the car should be. I know I can do better lol.

The ADVAN model 5's are one of the choices, the other is a concave wheel custom built brushed center, polished lip. I want to keep the drop gap to a minimum maximizing the overall look.

I do like 17/18 but unless they are OEM 02+ wheels (17/17) I won't rock that size. It makes the car look lower and longer which I like. I will stick with 18/19's and fill the gap.

Oh man... I personally like the replica BBS LM. It looks sick with the car. Color combo is on point. But concaves look outstanding if your wallet is full! looking at your car makes with me want go back to stock. >:biggrin:

Last edited:
Had some free time so I messed around with the wheels and Plasti Dip.

Plastidip.jpg

Plastidip1.jpg

Plastidip2.jpg

Plastidip4.jpg

Plastidip3.jpg

Plastidip5.jpg

Plastidip6.jpg

Plastidip7.jpg

I didn't tape anything up I just sprayed on. Experimenting was fun. I did try the gold metalizer and was not feeling the look so I went with two coats of silver and one final spray misting it to even it out.

Tip for the tires to get all the unwanted plasti dip off, I used duck tape and pulled.

Back