• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Had some free time so I messed around with the wheels and Plasti Dip.

Plastidip.jpg

Plastidip1.jpg

Plastidip2.jpg

Plastidip4.jpg

Plastidip3.jpg

Plastidip5.jpg

Plastidip6.jpg

Plastidip7.jpg

I didn't tape anything up I just sprayed on. Experimenting was fun. I did try the gold metalizer and was not feeling the look so I went with two coats of silver and one final spray misting it to even it out.

Tip for the tires to get all the unwanted plasti dip off, I used duck tape and pulled.

Wow, this looks nice. Much better than the silver look. You should keep it this way.So clean :eek: :wink: :smile: !

Gil!!! that GM plastidip looks RAD on the esm wheels!!!

is there a full picture of the car with the GM plastidip wheels??? you can pop a setup of acura centre caps on those esm's and call it a day for a spare set of cheap but beautiful wheels. those plain centre caps with the plasticdip color looks pretty nice as well.

ps. you have good creative ideas + taste!

Last edited:
Gil!!! that GM plastidip looks RAD on the esm wheels!!!

is there a full picture of the car with the GM plastidip wheels??? you can pop a setup of acura centre caps on those esm's and call it a day for a spare set of cheap but beautiful wheels. those plain centre caps with the plasticdip color looks pretty nice as well.

ps. you have good creative ideas + taste!

Thanks I did order Acura center caps but they were a shy too big.
Sorry these pics suck, they were taken from my phone. I plan on lowering her a bit tomorrow.
Plastidip10.jpg

Last edited:
thank you for the fast response.

ride height looks slammed enough to me!

take more pictures when you have the time. i highly recommend proHDR when using the iphone 4S camera. the pictures can turn out quite stunning imo.

its a shame that the acura caps dont fit as that would be a great way to finish off those wheels but hopefully acura offers a set of caps that will fit those wheels (unless they are all standard size)

i believe a matte/gloss black finish of those wheels would set your car on fire as well!

Thanks I did order Acura center caps but they were a shy too big.
Sorry these pics suck the were taken from my phone. I plan on lowering her a bit tomorrow.
Plastidip10.jpg

Last edited:
Still haven't got around to painting mine. Car and wheels look awesome. What is the rear tire size? Any spacers and what are you lowered on? Thanks.

Still haven't got around to painting mine. Car and wheels look awesome. What is the rear tire size? Any spacers and what are you lowered on? Thanks.

Thanks, 275/30/19 rear, no spacer. Front is a 215/35/18 with a 3mm spacer.

TEIN FLEX with custom springs
VRH Ride Height

20120619_171849.jpg

Gil - I dig the classic look with the silver ESMs, but the plasti-dip'd ESMs look even better! you say 2 coats of "silver" in your post, but it looks darker than silver. Is it gunmetal plasti? Whatever it is it matches your car perfectly! :cool:

Last edited:
Gil - I dig the classic look with the silver ESMs, but the plasti-dip'd ESMs look even better! you say 2 coats of "silver" in your post, but it looks darker than silver. Is it gunmetal plasti? Whatever it is it matches your car perfectly! :cool:

4/5 coats black, it's dark because of this. If you shoot it over white the metalizer will be more silverish.

Gil the stance looks perfect on your car whats your final set up and does how does it drive.

Yes Sir it drives, drives really good actually. Suspension is noted above, I do have NSXR BARS and updated engine brace. Debating on putting them on the car or for sale.

I had the car corner balanced and aligned to ensure quality of ride.

The wheels in the front did rub on the upper fender liner tab with a 5mm spacer. Toned it down with a new 3mm spacer and no rub.

more pictures whenever you have time gil!!

if that is your house in the background that looks like a beautiful home as well.

gloss/matte black faces via that bbs lm wheel style imo would also work extremely well with aggressive look of your car; while providing a touch of more color.

EDIT: if you could only find a set of Acura caps that would fit!!! you would be all done :)

Last edited:
What brand tires are on there? That looks AWESOME!

so you didnt have to mask anything off? The peeling process jsut followed that little ridge perfectly like that? and did the rivets coating come off without any issues too? sorry so many questions, im just super pumped that someone finally did this!

What brand tires are on there? That looks AWESOME!

so you didnt have to mask anything off? The peeling process jsut followed that little ridge perfectly like that? and did the rivets coating come off without any issues too? sorry so many questions, im just super pumped that someone finally did this!

Falken 452 Tires

I did not mask anything off. Ensure when you spray the wheel you shoot the whole thing with 4/5 coats. I tried one wheel with just spraying the center portion and it was a PITA at thin layers with the overspray. It does rub off once dry but I was looking for ease of use. I just shot the remainder of the lip to remove the material applied in areas I wanted original.

The Rivets, I used an exacto knife or tweezers to pull up the plasti dip. This is the longest parts but not difficult. as long as the coat is thick, this will just come right off.

To have the center face not peel up during lip coverage removal, I used the exact knife and followed the edge of the face. I started from the valve stem to give me a starting point.

I checked for durability and pressure washed them. They held up without any issues. I made sure they sat for over a day outside.

Last edited:
Selling the NSX already? Why are you selling it Gil???

It's that time! I'd like to use the money on the house and garage expansion. I plan to also like to try a different brand of car I have been trying to purchase. Just have to be patient.

The NSX has been the most dramatic car for me and I don't like drama LOL.

It's that time! I'd like to use the money on the house and garage expansion. I plan to also like to try a different brand of car I have been trying to purchase. Just have to be patient.

The NSX has been the most dramatic car for me and I don't like drama LOL.

Man, you just finished with all the upgrades and everything sad to see you letting it go so soon. Then again selling the car and use the money on house upgrade and garage expansion isn't a bad idea. Most NSX guys always end up doing this anyways. Well, GLWS :smile:

Back