• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

after our chat tonight i had to revisit this amazing thread yet again.

thanks again for the long talk tonight and stories gil.

Ended up having a few minutes of free time today.

Plasti Dipped emblem
1341119819.jpg

Added tape to insides of openings to speed up the peeling process.
1341119800.jpg

Front emblem done. I also applied this to the rear aswell. Several coats of black then a coat of Silver Metalizer.
1341119768.jpg

Plasti Dipped the Mirror base.
1341119590.jpg

1341119836.jpg

Rear hatch trim coating bothered me so I used Trim Coating purchased at my Local Paint Supplier.
1341119747.jpg

Washed then claybarred the whole car with Magic Medium and Fine grade clay. Applied several coats of Zaino and sealer after claying was completed.
1341119707.jpg

1341119628.jpg

1341123128.jpg

rear emblem
1341119611.jpg

Installed Guppy Antenna
1341119646.jpg

Devil is in the detail and Gil you certainly display a great eye for the finishing detail touch ... stunning looking NSX that if I was Stateside I be talking to you about ownership if you do let it go!

Someone will get a great NSX ... hope you get to enjoy a little longer

regards, Paul

Thanks guys, I have a few more things to do but she does look great. The yellow Nsx belongs to my Bro, I ended up doing the same treatment to the paint.

I have a spare coolant expansion tank I am going to try plasti dipping.

I still feel the car needs the perfect wheel set.

Thanks guys, I have a few more things to do but she does look great. The yellow Nsx belongs to my Bro, I ended up doing the same treatment to the paint.

+10 on the perfect wheel set.

You can do anything and everything to a car but without a nice set of wheels it will not look as good as you want it too. One thing I learn is the wheels make the car :wink:

You get what you pay :smile:

You have one of the cleanest NSX here on prime that's for sure :smile:

Imagine your car with HRE 547 or ADV.1 ADV05 it will be the perfect NSX on prime :eek: :biggrin: :wink: :smile:

very nice paint job indeed:tongue:. car is looking good

absolutely STUNNING as always gil!

Ended up having a few minutes of free time today.

Plasti Dipped emblem
1341119819.jpg

Added tape to insides of openings to speed up the peeling process.
1341119800.jpg

Front emblem done. I also applied this to the rear aswell. Several coats of black then a coat of Silver Metalizer.
1341119768.jpg

Plasti Dipped the Mirror base.
1341119590.jpg

1341119836.jpg

Rear hatch trim coating bothered me so I used Trim Coating purchased at my Local Paint Supplier.
1341119747.jpg

Washed then claybarred the whole car with Magic Medium and Fine grade clay. Applied several coats of Zaino and sealer after claying was completed.
1341119707.jpg

1341119628.jpg

1341123128.jpg

rear emblem
1341119611.jpg

Installed Guppy Antenna
1341119646.jpg

Great work Gil... BUT where are the detailed interior pics you promised?

,joined the Forum and read your thread/novel tonight. Amazing and quite the accomplishment!!!!!! Your project needs to be at SEMA!

absolutely stunning! where did u get the CF console and arm rest? I want it!!!

Looks amazing, only thing I'm not feeling is the fake wheels. Did you sell your other wheels??

Im already working off the replica wheels. Give me yours:wink:

I sold them already! I have three different wheel types I am after and have a hard time choosing. If I can score my buddies Dymags those will be on the car.

I took 160 pics and still have to sort through them, I'll post more up as I go.

absolutely stunning! where did u get the CF console and arm rest? I want it!!!

Corey
Originally they were apart of the build, I ended up redoing the last shops work due to the Overlay lifting so I stripped and re vacuum bagged the center arm rest and console.

Chris,
I have plans already set in motion. I want to work off of an original 02+ and have a new platform in the garage to learn.

Mike
Thanks I really appreciate the update on the thread.

Last edited:
Back