• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

OK time to tear the body off and go widebody again........lol

Just when you thought Gil was all done....

1488a0.jpeg

1488a3.jpeg

This is just small stuff compared to what he has lined up. If you only knew what else he has in store, you would be as jealous as I am!

IMG_20150618_214610.jpg

Yeah, it's OEM! Now that I've seen it, I think I am going to have to get one too!

Folks,

Need some help convincing Gil to go with an NSX-R conversion. Not sure if any of you have seen these pics, but it looks pretty good to me!

Hard to believe that the hood isn't even painted. That is straight carbon fiber!
1402330119_zps768a0a1d.jpg

1402330114_zpsf0b0beea.jpg

1402332496_zps51c31a97.jpg

1402332494_zpsf590c064.jpg

1402332485_zps658827e9.jpg

Can you imagine what this would look like with some NSX-R Headlights, NSX-R Wheels, and a Black Roof???????

Help me convince him folks!!

Hi,

Chris... i assume the car would still be Magnum, right?

I think 2 NSX-R themes to consider:

1 - White 02+ wheels + White headlights + Black top + Magnum car
2 - Everything Magnum :cool:

The headlights would look better painted the NSX-R way,
not fully painted, whatever is the color choice

Nuno

Hi,

Nuno

Thanks Nuno,

He would keep the Magnum, but install championship white wheels, headlights, black mirrors, roof, etc.

Gil just joined the NSX-R gauge club too!

His set should arrive this weekend.

I think that car is about perfect. Maybe paint the headlights magnum also.

Hi,

He would keep the Magnum, but install championship white wheels, headlights, black mirrors, roof, etc.
I think Gil is more than capable of building his own set of OEM mirrors covers in full CF... would look awesome
and blend well in his Magnum :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Folks,

Need some help convincing Gil to go with an NSX-R conversion. Not sure if any of you have seen these pics, but it looks pretty good to me!

Hard to believe that the hood isn't even painted. That is straight carbon fiber!
View attachment 125806

View attachment 125807

View attachment 125808

View attachment 125809

View attachment 125810

Can you imagine what this would look like with some NSX-R Headlights, NSX-R Wheels, and a Black Roof???????

Anyone good at photoshop? Ways Chris is trying to ensure I don't sell lol

Hi,

Nuno

Nuno

This would probably be the only Magnum Grey converted. Parts have been in the mail or already received at the house. I have always had my eyes on a set of NSXR wheels or 02 wheels replicated.

Thanks Nuno,

A few NSXR parts have arrived (huge momentum push for a dormant volcano), Chris has tugged the anchor out of the sea while I work on his ride to keep me out of selling which I have been focused on with the Magnum. It is very hard seeing all of his parts. I am basically building his car how I would do a 2.0 version of my Gen 1.

I just got caught up on all of your build. Wow......really nice work sir!
TY, I need to re-upload all the pics that are not showing.

I think that car is about perfect. Maybe paint the headlights magnum also.
I told myself I was completed with the car. I have thought about the magnum paint integrated within the headlights as well. I'd probably buy another pair so I don't screw up the current ones.

Hi,

I think Gil is more than capable of building his own set of OEM mirrors covers in full CF... would look awesome
and blend well in his Magnum :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno,

I contemplated the carbon versions of these, I still have my mirror project shelved currently. Quite a few of these sitting with unfinished internals until I complete current large projects. Time still has been a big factor with traveling and building a the LBBP.

Anyone good at photoshop? Ways Chris is trying to ensure I don't sell lol

Nuno

This would probably be the only Magnum Grey converted. Parts have been in the mail or already received at the house. I have always had my eyes on a set of NSXR wheels or 02 wheels replicated.

A few NSXR parts have arrived (huge momentum push for a dormant volcano), Chris has tugged the anchor out of the sea while I work on his ride to keep me out of selling which I have been focused on with the Magnum. It is very hard seeing all of his parts. I am basically building his car how I would do a 2.0 version of my Gen 1.

TY, I need to re-upload all the pics that are not showing.

I told myself I was completed with the car. I have thought about the magnum paint integrated within the headlights as well. I'd probably buy another pair so I don't screw up the current ones.

Nuno,

I contemplated the carbon versions of these, I still have my mirror project shelved currently. Quite a few of these sitting with unfinished internals until I complete current large projects. Time still has been a big factor with traveling and building a the LBBP.

About time you answered! :) The key piece of information he is not providing you all is the fact he turned me into a parts whore. Suggestions here, suggestions there, and telling me some of the things he did with his really made me go overboard.

This is simply payback!!!

Last edited:
Man car looks great with '02 conversion I love the Volk GT-V wheels too! Your semi-twin from Canada has pop-ups still love the Magnum colour and I get many compliments on it :biggrin: I can only imagine how yours would look NSX-R inspired conversion probably amazing as always :wink:

Folks,

View attachment 125806

View attachment 125807

View attachment 125808

View attachment 125809

View attachment 125810

Carbon works so well with the Magnum ... ask me how I know :wink:

Car looks great as always Gil

Man car looks great with '02 conversion I love the Volk GT-V wheels too! Your semi-twin from Canada has pop-ups still love the Magnum colour and I get many compliments on it :biggrin: I can only imagine how yours would look NSX-R inspired conversion probably amazing as always :wink:

Thanks Richie, I like the GTV's also but I am debating on some options with the NSXR thing. I may purchase another NSX and try to buy everything I can other than what I have for that build later. Time will tell.

Carbon works so well with the Magnum ... ask me how I know :wink:

Car looks great as always Gil

Thanks Paul

This is probably the latest how the car sits. The hood and wing were test try awhile ago, I have never been fond of the NSXR wing except on an actual NSXR. Hood is great but after one day seeing an Accord, EVO, Civic etc with the same type design scoop some larger than others kinda pushed me to revert back to the OEM and remain clean but, with accumulation of the correct NSXR parts I am rethinking as long as it is functional.
1437621264_zpsb31cb224.jpg

Thanks Richie, I like the GTV's also but I am debating on some options with the NSXR thing. I may purchase another NSX and try to buy everything I can other than what I have for that build later. Time will tell.

Thanks Paul

This is probably the latest how the car sits. The hood and wing were test try awhile ago, I have never been fond of the NSXR wing except on an actual NSXR. Hood is great but after one day seeing an Accord, EVO, Civic etc with the same type design scoop some larger than others kinda pushed me to revert back to the OEM and remain clean but, with accumulation of the correct NSXR parts I am rethinking as long as it is functional.
1437621264_zpsb31cb224.jpg
Agreed on the nsxr hood. It just looks out of place on the x even if it is so called functional.But I do like the nsxr style wing. Both versions look clean.
I was considering buying those wheels long ago. How do they ride? Are they 18/19 set up?

Back