• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Thanks, I am glad also, I base coated, tinted, cleared, color sanded and re-cleared to give the Magnum Grey some magnification and a little bit of room to keep a super slick surface. I will follow up with the front and do one final pass this Friday and stick the gauge to keep it within proper thickness.

I tried getting a close up of how the paint looks in the sun and it is hard to capture what you see in person.

Here is a camera phone pic. I tried many ways to capture color.
nsx_side_view.jpg

My god now I can't wait to paint my NSX mangum grey pearl. Glad someone else had planned to do this as well since this color is so bad ass looking. Make your NSX #6 in the world with this paint color I'll be #7 :D. Unless you know of someone else who's done this color here in the US.

is that a yellow nsx next to yours? Lets see a group shot! man so glad you got that thing built up and painted!

is that a yellow nsx next to yours? Lets see a group shot! man so glad you got that thing built up and painted!

It is my brothers 98 Veilside! This was completely configured minus the exterior as the Magnum Grey IE: Full Alcantara, Suspension VRH lift, coil over etc. Only difference in the interior is the yellow stitching. We will be re-converting this car back to the nature of how my current project as an 02+ update. This was the original plan for this build. I had the car there to take size comparison shots L/W/H to an updated NSX. Once I get the pics cleaned up I will post them as well.

solid_9.jpg

Will he be keeping the car yellow?!? Would LOVE to see the interior !

It is my brothers 98 Veilside! This was completely configured minus the exterior as the Magnum Grey IE: Full Alcantara, Suspension VRH lift, coil over etc. Only difference in the interior is the yellow stitching. We will be re-converting this car back to the nature of how my current project as an 02+ update. This was the original plan for this build. I had the car there to take size comparison shots L/W/H to an updated NSX. Once I get the pics cleaned up I will post them as well.

solid_9.jpg

Wow! But then I am a little biaised towards Magnum :smile:

I always wondered how it would look with the 02 update and now I know - Stunning. I would paint the mirror base plates but other than that just go enjoy a beautiful NSX ... you've waited long enough.

From the rear our cars could have been seperated at birth ...

Health to enjoy

regards, Paul

Attachments

• Japfest rear.jpg
    Japfest rear.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 854
Nice Paul,

I stared at your car pics for awhile when the paint was purchased to try and get a visual. There is no way of describing unless seen in person the color in the sun.

The rear I have everything the exact same minus the wing and the H Emblem. Other than that when are you going to remove your wrap to enjoy the real color?

may i ask the type and size of those awsum looking wheels

Purchased in 2002

I added a Wings west lip kit. The car came with an RM exhaust, Clutch and flywheels, Eibach suspension, audio set up, ECU upgrade and the hideous Konig wheels when I bought her.
122_225120-20Gil.jpg

JDM fog lights were added, changed the wheels to the first set HP Evo's, the engine recieved comptech cams, valves and valve springs, removed the upgraded ECU for the factory one, added red sparco torino II seats, SOS pedals, SOSshift knob and Vinny style Marga hills side skirts.
7326ctc_nsx_pic_2.jpg

7326ctc_nsx_pic_3.jpg

I decided to widen the rear and purchased a set of Sorcery rear quarter panels, modify the Vinny styled marga hills ss. A new set of wheels were ordered to accomodate the factory front and the updated rear end.
rearquartertestfitment.jpg

The front of the Side skirts had this triangular piece that I did not like so later I had that cut and redone to make a cleaner subtle look. The new front wheels (brushed custom ZE forged Shifters +40 offset arrived the day after test fitting the rear updated quarter panels.
testfitwithwheelandtiresrightfront.jpg

A week later the rear wheels came and the side skirts shape to the rear quarter panel had been modified.
7326quarter.jpg

7326jrs_new_front_view1.jpg

may i ask the type and size of those awsum looking wheels

If you are referring to the one on the Widebody: ZE Forged Shifters 2 Pc. 18x8 +40 offset with 25mm H&R Spacer and 19x10.5 +12 offset.

I am having trouble trying to figure out what plug (front compartment) is for the horn (color plug/wires anything). This is the last item on the car to be completed. Anyone have a pic. I my technical manual seemed to have grew legs and hid itself.

If you are referring to the one on the Widebody: ZE Forged Shifters 2 Pc. 18x8 +40 offset with 25mm H&R Spacer and 19x10.5 +12 offset.

I am having trouble trying to figure out what plug (front compartment) is for the horn (color plug/wires anything). This is the last item on the car to be completed. Anyone have a pic. I my technical manual seemed to have grew legs and hid itself.

I might have something give me a few mins to look through my pics...

Ok I found the security horn see attached pics, the 2 regular horns are the 2-P gray connectors on the left and right of the front harness no sure what the colours are from the pics everything is covered in dirt. I can take a look at the harness later when I get home. Let me know?

Attachments

• IMG-20120205-00085.jpg
    IMG-20120205-00085.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG-20120205-00083.jpg
    IMG-20120205-00083.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-20120222-00127.jpg
    IMG-20120222-00127.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I might have something give me a few mins to look through my pics...

Ok I found the security horn see attached pics, the 2 regular horns are the 2-P gray connectors on the left and right of the front harness no sure what the colours are from the pics everything is covered in dirt. I can take a look at the harness later when I get home. Let me know?

Awesome, will go look. Thank You very much got it working.

Last edited:
Awesome, will go look. Thank You very much got it working.

Awesome man... I took tons of pics so I know how to put humpty dumpty back together again... or at least we'll see in a few months how mine turns out lol I'm glad I could be of assistance as I really like the way your car has turned out looks sweet man!

After having the car back together, I did several QA/QC checks on the car to ensure everything is kosher. I have not driven this car in so long I forgot how it sounded on the regular road. Driving around the neighborhood never counted. I felt uneasy feeling the car needed this bolt checked and that, listening for unfamiliar sounds and leaks. Performed the normal changes and flushes IE: oil/filters/plugs/transmission flush/coolant,suspension settings etc. Several miles on frontage roads and low traffic areas I finally did the highway pulls to see how the car would hold up. Felt more assured as I drove a little. The weekend was spent back and forth checking everything. Finally ended up giving the car a wash after the many bug splats.

Driving at night I discovered my dash gauges were not working. I had to use a flash light for lighting (ghetto fab). Checked the relays and fuses and noticed the medium sized relay/fuses were missing. I checked the yellow nsx and sure enough it was missing. I am guessing a local parts store might have thes (maybe)! I'll snap a pic later.

DSC_0340.JPG

Right across the carwash I saw a over headlight and a newly built complex area. Went and snapped some pics. These are unedited raw formats. Used my brothers Nikon 300 to give a whirl.

DSC_0372.JPG

DSC_0370.JPG

sideview.jpg

I still have things to sort on the car before a final shoot. :smile:

Last edited:
Back