• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Purchased in 2002

I added a Wings west lip kit. The car came with an RM exhaust, Clutch and flywheels, Eibach suspension, audio set up, ECU upgrade and the hideous Konig wheels when I bought her.
122_225120-20Gil.jpg

JDM fog lights were added, changed the wheels to the first set HP Evo's, the engine recieved comptech cams, valves and valve springs, removed the upgraded ECU for the factory one, added red sparco torino II seats, SOS pedals, SOSshift knob and Vinny style Marga hills side skirts.
7326ctc_nsx_pic_2.jpg

7326ctc_nsx_pic_3.jpg

I decided to widen the rear and purchased a set of Sorcery rear quarter panels, modify the Vinny styled marga hills ss. A new set of wheels were ordered to accomodate the factory front and the updated rear end.
rearquartertestfitment.jpg

The front of the Side skirts had this triangular piece that I did not like so later I had that cut and redone to make a cleaner subtle look. The new front wheels (brushed custom ZE forged Shifters +40 offset arrived the day after test fitting the rear updated quarter panels.
testfitwithwheelandtiresrightfront.jpg

A week later the rear wheels came and the side skirts shape to the rear quarter panel had been modified.
7326quarter.jpg

7326jrs_new_front_view1.jpg

Last edited:
SHOP #1
Aug 11, 2006 after months of sitting and me constantly working, I decided to continue on with the work. Never satisfied and with subtle changes to the Sorcery quarter panel. The panels had a lot of imperfections so tackling the rear was the first part as I hired a body shop owner to work on the rear end to make it fit perfect. With my asistance and sponge like mind I wanted to get the process done with my hands on and his guidance.

To make a change to the quarters I added a flare to them utilizing old school techniques and the original quarter panels for the outer mold. The panels did not come with a inner lip to have fender liners attach too. I used fiberglass mating and maguires quick release mold on top of the tape I used to cover the portions I needed to graft the fabricated piece.
DSC00198.jpg

The fitment of the quarter panels needed some work. Alignment and adjustment were done by sectioning the areas and then fiberglass matte layed inside the quarter panel (pic not shown). Taking on and off the panel many times can get annoying.

After grafting the flare on, I thin layer of fiberglass resin coated the outside lower half of the panel to get the high and low spots to a minimal after the initial DA sanding.
DSC001701.jpg

The inner crown lip for later custom fender liners.
DSC00171.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

The inner door jam fitment had also been worked. This is abut 5 hrs of work, mainly waiting for the fiberglass to cure. 100 degree Texas weather helped but not for outdoor work. =(
DSC00173.jpg

2 days and one quarter panel 25% done.
Ltfndrflair.jpg

Last edited:
SHOP #2Finally primered after vigorous blocking.
DSC00062.jpg

thDSC00057-1.jpg

The side skirts without that hideous triangular front fender piece.
kiton5.jpg

In the paintbooth without the rear quarters for prep.
JRENSX.jpg

The front being dismantled. My brother had previously went out and turned hard and rubbed my fenders causing them to damage at the crown of the wheel well. Not one side, both sides. HP evos at this time had to go, that's when it was time for new wheels anyways (ZE forged Shifters) for this project.
POORNSX.jpg

At a shop in Dallas. The car with fresh paint, finally a big update for the eyes. Black is another job in itself to upkeep.
sideviewafterpaint.jpg

Later you'll understand my statement as from this shop it's basically all I got out of. A nice Gas cap that was still incomplete LOL. Time waisted on persuing the right guy for the job. That's later.:biggrin:
nsxjob.jpg

gascap.jpg

keep posted for updates.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Finally after endless crap and buttered promises I have the car back home.
This is going to be neverending. The next day after getting the car back I combed through it to see what else needed to be done. Here are the next day pics after washing and rebuffing the complete car again.

DTshotofNSX.jpg

DtshotofNSXIII.jpg

DTshotofNSXI.jpg

mynsxdayafterpaintfrontquarterview.jpg

After these pics were taken it was time to get on a plane and fly back to IRAQ. =(

Last edited:
I get a phone call on a deal and I go ahead and pull the trigger. A new venture to make the front end replicate the ALPINE Sorcery White NSX, so much for just the J LO rear. Woooo hooooo. Parts come in, THANKS TO HENRY AT GTONEUSA. Too bad im in IRAQ. =(

100_1639.jpg

100_1636.jpg

Decided to buy these from Ravi :biggrin:

DSCN1038.jpg

NO replica kit here.
ver2-2.jpg

Keep posted more pics to come!!

Last edited:
Back from overseas again it's time to scope out the car to see what needs to be done and a plan to correct it. Here I try to fit the tail lights in and the quarter panel alignment to the rear was off by 1/2 an inch. I sent the car to Dallas and wondered why this wasn't installed completely. Go fig, now I have to analyze the issue and make a call. Such a bummer.

100_1849.jpg

100_1962.jpg

100_1850.jpg

Time to put the interior in.

Over the month I had been talking to a shop up North Seattle. Scoping out who I could hire for the job to complete the remaining laundry list of items I needed for when I got back on my next vacation. I didn't care about costs or who had the best reputation. I just wanted a quality job done. So a scheduling of the car transporter was in effect.

Was a nice day out so I had the interior reinstalled for transportation and to have the new shop go through.
l_4e3ec4fe9be541d12b680309230e43bb.jpg

100_2187.jpg

Transporter arrived and i'm on the phone from overseas.
100_2182.jpg

100_2201.jpg

100_2214.jpg

WIth this transporter you are allowed to add multiple items which I took advantage of and saved money.
100_2186.jpg

100_2215.jpg

She wont be the same when she returns :biggrin:
100_2217.jpg

Keep posted.

SHOP 3

Throughout the remaining build time, I discussed with Ravi the owner of the shop on details and styling ques, changes and parts needed to get the job done. Very helpful and motivated prior to the car arriving alot of ideas popped. Color options and quality would be focused. Thanks Rav, Carry on.....=)

Arriving at it's next destination a laundry list of the next few things will be done. :biggrin:

DSCN1436-1.jpg

Time to update the front and mock the remaining pcs.
DSCN1438.jpg

DSCN1439.jpg

Sorcery NSX-R styled hood came in. :smile:
DSCN1454.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

Ravi he talked me out of keeping the pop up theme, motivated by NICO, so I bit
02+ headlights from the Dealer. Never thought I'd be going this far, but no turning back.
DSCN1473.jpg

DSCN1521.jpg

Modification to fit the headlight begins.
DSCN1527.jpg

DSCN1529.jpg

DSCN1530.jpg

DSCN1534.jpg

Front end mocked up. A lot of imperfections and blocking. The lower portion of the bumper will be created later. The alignment and sectioning of the gaps done later aswell. Iwill follow up with a picture trail, MAYBE. LOL

Keep posted for more pics. I will be adding more pics in each category above to give more details.

DSCN1540.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered some H&R 25mm Spacers for the time being till I change all four wheels yet again.

DSCN1630.jpg

DSCN1634.jpg

With the front end mocked up the interior began work and it was stripped and analyzed. Replacement of many part my wallet was doomed. You never know what you get. It looked like a shiny tooth all perfect on the outside, but a lot of plaque on the inside. :frown:

012.jpg

007.jpg

0062.jpg

WTF
l_6ac95713942a4d2ba5afacdbb7039bdc.jpg

l_19cae3258b8f473e8eee91547e62ef93.jpg

This is good for weight saving LOL I kid I kid. 50lbs of wire below. LOL Well after sifting through the plaque a lot of jerry rigged wiring for the alarm and the so called proffesional stereo install. I couldn't believe what I had recieved in email for pics. What a crock of shiet.
l_42a093b8e1b24b6984c6872c34d53264.jpg

l_69dd1f81249d4897974ec62b20f7a910.jpg

Yep the trunk too. A lot of Junk wiring, wires without it going to a source or a component. An ounce here or two taken off. Take that all you weight happy goers saver guys.
l_6f2615a1c12440e39f480d0a6449d8ae.jpg

l_7d6e1f42d3d24923b17a5258d6abb954.jpg

This didn't make sense. One door the passenger had dynomat, the driver none. Off balance. That is why my car was leaning:wink:
l_078cbfbecab140a1a6fcded4bd794c75.jpg

An example of how much plaque the interior had. More to come.:mad:
l_09f408fc491f43e6805e6974c5f44671.jpg

l_5d44e5947a2e4dada8769bd84492b834.jpg

The infamous dash crack everyone gets overtime.
l_aa65dc60b079401c9b663c8339ad2ed8.jpg

Let me go run through a wall for a sec then post more pics later. My wallet is not going to like me. :frown:

Last edited:
Wow talk about a hell of a lot of work!! :eek: Its gonna look outstanding when it's completed!!!! :biggrin:

Wow talk about a hell of a lot of work!! :eek: Its gonna look outstanding when it's completed!!!! :biggrin:

Jeff
So far so good, just a long road to get everything back on point. I don't want the car half assed. So everything has been repaired or replaced with OEM. Cutting corners isn't my thing.

I am still buying components for the car but that's later. The next installment of pics get's really good. The trail of interior repair and the plaque found deep inside. It erks me to know a car like this could have such issues. I am coping with getting the car done to debut when I am back and attend the hopeful LasVegas NSXPO if the car is still in my hands. We'll see.:wink:

Well with this much progress, the cars interior looking like $hit, it's start time to make it what it should be. Over the next postings of pics, the interior will recieve the royal treatment. A lof of the panels replaced OEM new or repaired, new OEM screws and slips.

The door leather removed. At this point we already made the decision to what stitching color and interior main color.
l_5aacdefa4ec44d77b274f07912a680ba.jpg

I was in shock to see the next couple of pics. How in the hell could this be broken?:mad::eek:
l_be0b11d253e7418d87d9a300bfafa9c9.jpg

Why is there a hole here??:confused:
l_0b46d3f91ccf4697a709a73379abfbef.jpg

More bad news
l_00d2a2ec42ec4536a5162d331d765fee.jpg

Repair time, I don't need to show all the panels cracked but you get the idea.:frown:
l_0b89c9d9c643436bae9b662aa9f5c767.jpg

A sheet of the same material used on the dash was cut to fill in the areas of repair.
l_7f6f2f737f0c46efa2cd2789f812c67c.jpg

Filler occupied the area and was sanded to surface level.
l_1ee7ef95eefb4692863d56617b3a997d.jpg

The dash cracked and broken piece. Was this kicked previously. :mad:
l_1098fbfc946241b792c9ea87aa857c09.jpg

Well it gets filled also.:smile:
l_791b0ee6b63743bbbc412e10b0e54307.jpg

l_c733f191a33248cc9c2dca85852a13a4.jpg

l_36306b48cd4449389509c3a0c50a5f3e.jpg

l_b524d38ef4824831b6e4a8913ff46cd1.jpg

Time for a break. Some of these pics remind me of how upset I got, when Rav emailed them. I knew it would get repaired!!!

Last edited:
Continuing on with the modification, a new center console and navigation pod from the Dealer was purchased.

Installation of a double din was needed so a brand new console was chop, cut and rebuilt to suit the new head unit.
l_71d9eee5cc69601a7e3813b8ceb5f72c.jpg

l_491b89cc6d4b6f5a2c55877f1c4b55d8.jpg

A new Alpine W205 head unit was purchased and mocked into the center console.
l_576bb5dc94aeb9984d86ba7b77f9c5ed.jpg

Functions check
l_1214aff3425392ff3dd82efc80ea296f.jpg

A coat of paint and then final prep prior to more modifications.
l_42266cf95a5baebbb2b8175a8baa8c73.jpg

The final result of what many other components in the car will look like. Ravi's attention to detail on keeping the weave straight is second to none. Awsome stuff!!!!
l_e52eae65ab75447a94d2511b74dbe79c.jpg

=)

Last edited:
this is all very incredible work! I am extremely impressed with the detail at which you are restoring the interior. I just undertook a similar project on my MR2 turbo and the interior is like brand new. It will completely make your car feel factory new man!

this is all very incredible work! I am extremely impressed with the detail at which you are restoring the interior. I just undertook a similar project on my MR2 turbo and the interior is like brand new. It will completely make your car feel factory new man!

Paul welcome, thanks for your first post!!! I like MR2's

Well here is a glimpse of what is to come. I flew up to Washington and put my eyes on the interior, wow your not kidding. Super tight, no flaw, just immaculate.

Black alcantara, red stitching with a twist (simple).:biggrin:
l_e38c317dd3e14c8da2e555f938934ae5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reception! I've been a lurker for like five years but finally decided to register an account. Your build impressed me so I thought it would be a good first post :)

The final result of what many other components in the car will look like.
=)

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the exterior is the easy bit to upgrade. Your attention to detail is great in and out but I'm watching the interior makeover closely. When do we see more of the CF & Alcantara??

Great Work

Paul

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the exterior is the easy bit to upgrade. Your attention to detail is great in and out but I'm watching the interior makeover closely. When do we see more of the CF & Alcantara??

Great Work

Paul

Paul

The exterior has been through a lot, still in the works today. The interior aswell. I am a bit picky along with the builder on how work is done on the car. We all are, when it's our money and patience put into play. Everyday I will update the interior.:smile:

Gil

Here is the pic of the headliner. A little different but less boring.
l_5507dfb579d643e6914bec9ced8fd683.jpg

Last edited:
I love this interior! Can't wait to see how the exterior comes along too. Is Ravi doing the alcantra interior? What do you have planned for seats?

I love this interior! Can't wait to see how the exterior comes along too. Is Ravi doing the alcantra interior? What do you have planned for seats?

I was waiting for that to come up for a question. I do have seats and they are ready to go in. Just have to wait and see on updates. I myself haven't seen them. Yes Ravi has done the interior. Carpet is being installed at the moment.

The Exterior, I can't wait for the front final completion then off to gapping and blocking, blocking, blocking........... blocking!!!

=)

It's good to see someone tackling all this at once instead of piecing it all together over the years.

Are you going to leave the car black?

Back