Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 109

Thread: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

  1. #1
    Charter Gold e.pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,435
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    what options are out there for the NSX that have a mesh style like BSS wheels

    and before the flames come, I just can't justify spending close to $1k per wheel for real BBS's


    looking for either 16/17" or 17/18"

  2. #2
    Registered Vendor scorp965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    SoCal ✈ Vegas
    Posts
    5,975
    Feedback Score
    119 (95%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    These are ADR wheels:



    It's the M-Sport, about $500 a set.
    NSX Prime Vendor Listing: PerformancePackage
    www.PerformancePackage.com
    Radar Detector Mounts and Accessories

  3. #3
    Charter Platinum davidf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Work makes a nice wheel. FWIW a friend of mine bought some LM knock offs for his Audi that were identical to the authentic and the center cap read BB5. I have'nt seen him in several months but I'll see if I can shoot him a pm on his Euro site.
    NSX, making drivers smile since 1991.

  4. #4
    Registered User OyATL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    864
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Linea Corse Lemans

    95 FR NSX - OyATL's build thread
    05 AW STI

  5. #5
    Registered User MadtownNSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    328
    Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by OyATL View Post
    Linea Corse Lemans
    The WheelDude guys were ready to do a groupbuy a while back, we just needed 5 people to sign up and we could get custom offsets.

    If 5 people are now interested I can start the conversations with them once again.
    1995 Black NSX
    2008 White M5

  6. #6
    Registered User 808NA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    369
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidf View Post
    Work makes a nice wheel. FWIW a friend of mine bought some LM knock offs for his Audi that were identical to the authentic and the center cap read BB5. I have'nt seen him in several months but I'll see if I can shoot him a pm on his Euro site.
    I saw those wheels. Black and red Time Attack style on an A4, I believe it was.

    Producing a knock off wheel is one thing, but to try and even copy the logo on the center caps almost to a T kinda pisses me off. I mean, unless you really looked good, it's really hard to tell the "BB5" apart from "BBS" That's just faking the funk. There are reasons why high quality stuff and high prices go hand in hand. Exclusiveness and prestige are a few of them. What's even worse is when you have a prestigious car such as an NSX and you want to put knock off stuff on it. An NSX isn't that "cheap" of a car. Why would you want to put cheap knock off parts on it?

    Well that's just my opinion. I can't stop anyone from doing what they want. If you're interested in those wheels, the company selling them was Raderwerks.

  7. #7
    Charter Gold e.pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,435
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownNSX View Post
    The WheelDude guys were ready to do a groupbuy a while back, we just needed 5 people to sign up and we could get custom offsets.

    If 5 people are now interested I can start the conversations with them once again.
    no kidding? what would the final price have been?

  8. #8
    Registered User R0Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    166
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    i was looking at them today too..
    but can we get 17/18 or 18/19 ?

  9. #9
    Registered User MetalSpikeRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto/Cancun
    Posts
    1,339
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by R0Y View Post
    i was looking at them today too..
    but can we get 17/18 or 18/19 ?

    I think if you guys where to get the other five people, it would be no more than 1200bucks, I would of be one of those five people but I already got my wheels from them.

    Sucks.

    -MSR
    www.Bicoastalimages.com
    Destination Wedding Photog for Cancun-Riviera Maya and North America.
    PT 62-66 BB Turbo NSX . C30A-T

  10. #10
    Charter Platinum davidf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by 808NA1 View Post
    I saw those wheels. Black and red Time Attack style on an A4, I believe it was.

    Producing a knock off wheel is one thing, but to try and even copy the logo on the center caps almost to a T kinda pisses me off. I mean, unless you really looked good, it's really hard to tell the "BB5" apart from "BBS" That's just faking the funk. There are reasons why high quality stuff and high prices go hand in hand. Exclusiveness and prestige are a few of them. What's even worse is when you have a prestigious car such as an NSX and you want to put knock off stuff on it. An NSX isn't that "cheap" of a car. Why would you want to put cheap knock off parts on it?

    Well that's just my opinion. I can't stop anyone from doing what they want. If you're interested in those wheels, the company selling them was Raderwerks.
    Whats the differnce in knock off wheels and knock off NSX-R knock off wings/hoods/undertrays ect. which half the people here have? They are also replicated to a T.
    NSX, making drivers smile since 1991.

  11. #11
    Registered User Mynsxjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    I wanted the same thing. I also wanted a lip. So I decided to go with ze forged. Here is the link. My car is the black one on the bottom right. I'm very happy with my choice.

    http://www.zeforged.com/acura1.html

  12. #12
    Registered User MadtownNSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    328
    Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by erotic pie View Post
    no kidding? what would the final price have been?
    $1,200 would have been the price. We could get 17/18 or 18/19 depends on what 5 people can agree upon. If we want to do this start a list and I'll organize.
    1995 Black NSX
    2008 White M5

  13. #13
    Registered User 808NA1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    369
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidf View Post
    Whats the differnce in knock off wheels and knock off NSX-R knock off wings/hoods/undertrays ect. which half the people here have? They are also replicated to a T.
    Nothing different. A knock off is a knock off.

    BTW, it seems as though Raderwerks doesn't sell the BB5 wheels anymore. A little research brought up lawsuit by BBS vs. Raderwerks for trademark infringement. If I recall correctly, the BB5 wheels weren't priced that "cheap" for a knock off. Those Linea's are much cheaper.

  14. #14
    Charter Patron Ponyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Tulsa OK and Santa Maria CA
    Posts
    5,948
    Feedback Score
    35 (97%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Doesn't ASA make a mesh style wheel in 17x7 and 17x8 for the NSX?

  15. #15
    Charter Gold e.pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,435
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownNSX View Post
    $1,200 would have been the price. We could get 17/18 or 18/19 depends on what 5 people can agree upon. If we want to do this start a list and I'll organize.
    I would want 17/18

  16. #16
    Charter Gold e.pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,435
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    Doesn't ASA make a mesh style wheel in 17x7 and 17x8 for the NSX?
    I think so but I really wanted to keep the staggered sizes

  17. #17
    NSXPrime Platinum RYU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    6,057
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    What do these things weigh? I can do heavy but i can't do HEAVY

  18. #18
    Registered User MadtownNSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    328
    Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    I believe they are 24 lbs fronts and 27 lbs rears for 18/19's.
    1995 Black NSX
    2008 White M5

  19. #19
    Charter Patron Ponyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Tulsa OK and Santa Maria CA
    Posts
    5,948
    Feedback Score
    35 (97%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Tombo, just splurge on the BBS. They're worth it. For example:


  20. #20
    Registered User R0Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    166
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by erotic pie View Post
    I would want 17/18
    same here... 17/18
    but do they have 17x7 or 17x7.5 ?

  21. #21
    Registered User lazynok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Torrance, LA, CA
    Posts
    624
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    I would LOVE me some BBS mesh rims but I'm too poor so I'm rockin' the black HP Evos in 18/19,.... too big for me but i love the spokes

  22. #22
    Charter Platinum davidf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,181
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazynok View Post
    I would LOVE me some BBS mesh rims but I'm too poor so I'm rockin' the black HP Evos in 18/19,.... too big for me but i love the spokes
    HP's have a baller lip though.
    NSX, making drivers smile since 1991.

  23. #23
    Registered User lazynok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Torrance, LA, CA
    Posts
    624
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidf View Post
    HP's have a baller lip though.
    I can't believe I left out the lip.. I love the lip

  24. #24
    Charter Patron DocL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    6,263
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    I have a set of BBS RSII's 17x8.5/18x10 with the perfect offset for the NSX sitting in my storage locker. There is some curb rash on the outer chrome ring of each wheel, nothing too bad and no damage to any of the spokes. I'd entertain a reasonable offer for the wheels.

    Last edited by DocL; 07-10-2009 at 12:14.
    Education will never be as expensive as ignorance.
    "Vote Democrat. It's easier than working."
    RIP: Honda/Acura NSX (1991-2005)

  25. #25
    Registered User MadtownNSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    328
    Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by R0Y View Post
    same here... 17/18
    but do they have 17x7 or 17x7.5 ?
    If we get 5 people we can get what every size we can agree upon. I say let's do a 17/18 buy 17x7.5 and 18x10.

    Anyone else interested in this?
    1995 Black NSX
    2008 White M5

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •