• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

I love my BBS's the only drawback is that NOBODY wants to touch them to change my tires...I always have to wait until no managers are around...:mad:

Tombo, just splurge on the BBS. They're worth it. For example:

nsxr02.jpg

damn that looks good

ended up getting a used set of BBS RYs off of rbwheels for WAY cheaper than anything I've seen, they will need to be cleaned up a bit but I'll still end up ahead once they are refinished

they are 17x8 +40 and 17x9 +40

only $610!!!!

edit:

the look like these, debating on if I want to go with gold or gunmetal for the refinishing
imglarge_20080603124025_1.jpg

Last edited:
ended up getting a used set of BBS RYs off of rbwheels for WAY cheaper than anything I've seen, they will need to be cleaned up a bit but I'll still end up ahead once they are refinished

they are 17x8 +40 and 17x9 +40

only $610!!!!

edit:

the look like these, debating on if I want to go with gold or gunmetal for the refinishing
I bought a set from RB also a while back but they never have a staggered set 17/18 or 18/19. I noticed you bought 17/17. You probably already know but make sure you size your tires appropriately or else you'll be throwing off TCS lights everywhere.

I bought a set from RB also a while back but they never have a staggered set 17/18 or 18/19. I noticed you bought 17/17. You probably already know but make sure you size your tires appropriately or else you'll be throwing off TCS lights everywhere.

yup I know they are 17/17, I really wanted 17/18 but for that price I am willing to compromise lol

I went with 02+ OEM sizes for the tires

Does anyone know where i can get a set of BBS LM in 18/19
i am willing to pay!!!

please let me know cause i cant find anyone to get them through.

zaid

I can get a set of 18x8 / 19x10 BBS LM in silver right now at a decent price - they are brand new.

None of these will work, either they are the wrong bolt pattern or 18x8.5 is as small as they come. We need 18x8 for the fronts on an NSX.

OK so here:

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5525

Buy the 19x10 rear +37 - re-drill the 5x120 to 5x114 (I've done this LOTS - even wheel companies do it)

http://www.usarim.com/audi-wheels-sku-335-18-inch-matt-black-rims-p-1506.html

Buy the 18x8 (it says "available in any offset"???) Re-drill the 5x112 to 5x114.

There you go!

Maybe this is a noob question, but how do you re drill the lug holes on wheels that have exposed lugs? I'm asking this from cosmetic point of view.

Maybe this is a noob question, but how do you re drill the lug holes on wheels that have exposed lugs? I'm asking this from cosmetic point of view.

When "re-drilling" you are only moving the holes over slightly, then adding a steel insert so it does not actually affect the hole by much or at all.

On a 5x112 wheel, each hole moves by just a hair over 1mm, on a 5x120 wheel it moves by less than 3mm.

None of these will work, either they are the wrong bolt pattern or 18x8.5 is as small as they come. We need 18x8 for the fronts on an NSX.

Maybe you can email the company and see if they're able to get nsx fitment wheels.

BTW: This guy got it \/ :biggrin:

OK so here:

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5525

Buy the 19x10 rear +37 - re-drill the 5x120 to 5x114 (I've done this LOTS - even wheel companies do it)

http://www.usarim.com/audi-wheels-sku-335-18-inch-matt-black-rims-p-1506.html

Buy the 18x8 (it says "available in any offset"???) Re-drill the 5x112 to 5x114.

There you go!

what options are out there for the NSX that have a mesh style like BSS wheels

and before the flames come, I just can't justify spending close to $1k per wheel for real BBS's :redface:

looking for either 16/17" or 17/18"

Buy used then. you can get a full set for less than 2k for lm's.
hell u can find for those sizes prob 1500.

Dont cheap out on your car.

FYI: BBS Price Tag= NSX Price Tag. Not a civic.

This doesn't mean you cant get a good deal on good rims. Buy used, refinish, whatever.

I've been eyeing those lately, anyone have pics of them on an NSX, preferably red?

I have just ordered these in17 and 18 with offsets to clear stoptech bbk from angus.

Buy used then. you can get a full set for less than 2k for lm's.
hell u can find for those sizes prob 1500.

Dont cheap out on your car.

FYI: BBS Price Tag= NSX Price Tag. Not a civic.

This doesn't mean you cant get a good deal on good rims. Buy used, refinish, whatever.

and where do you suspect we can get used BBS LM's for that price.
not counting the 18/18 thats been on ebay and on here for the longest time.
...even more so, where do recommend for getting them in 18/19 staggered config...i have been looking EVERRRRRRRRYYYYYYWHERE and i can not find any 18/19 used LMs.

Zaid

and where do you suspect we can get used BBS LM's for that price.
not counting the 18/18 thats been on ebay and on here for the longest time.
...even more so, where do recommend for getting them in 18/19 staggered config...i have been looking EVERRRRRRRRYYYYYYWHERE and i can not find any 18/19 used LMs.

Zaid

www.vrwheels.com

I got my BBS RSII/Os there for $650 shipped.

Back