• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS style wheels without the BBS price tag?

Bump

Anyone else able to find a similar wheel in our sizes without the high price tag?

Looks like that red one with the Privat Akzents is the closing thing so far.

I think your new wheels will look just like LM's...

No one mentioned Forgestar wheels?

Here's the F14, single piece (~$1400 for 18/19 for the NSX, front only available 18x8.5" though)
f14brushed.jpg

The F14F, 2 piece (~$2700 for 18/19)
f14fbrushed.jpg

I am starting to think that 18x8.5 with a 19x11 might just be good for a stretch look.

check out ESM wheels's ESM-004

0773.jpg

http://esmwheels.com/access/wheels-c-21_56.html

they sell them indivudally so you can get staggered sets or different front and back diameters... I just got a set, 19x9.5 rears and 18x8 fronts for $1030 shipped to my door... fast shipping too. I dont know about offsets or bolt patterns for the NSX as i got these for a lotus esprit that im going to have to use adapters on but also keep in mind that some of the other companies doing reps of the LM dont have a proper step lip on the front and dont havethe bolt holes aligned with the spokes properly...

hope this helps. ill post again here once mine are mounted.

"...Aluminium alloys typically have an elastic modulus of about 70 GPa, which is about one-third of the elastic modulus of most kinds of steel and steel alloys. Therefore, for a given load, a component or unit made of an aluminium alloy will experience a greater elastic deformation than a steel part of the identical size and shape. Though there are aluminium alloys with somewhat-higher tensile strengths than the commonly-used kinds of steel, simply replacing a steel part with an aluminium alloy might lead to problems..."

hmmmm, probably not the best for daily driving.

adrian,
do you have aluminum alloy wheels?

check out ESM wheels's ESM-004
I just got a set, 19x9.5 rears and 18x8 fronts for $1030 shipped to my door... fast shipping too. I dont know about offsets or bolt patterns for the NSX as i got these for a lotus esprit that im going to have to use adapters on but also keep in mind that some of the other companies doing reps of the LM dont have a proper step lip on the front and dont havethe bolt holes aligned with the spokes properly...

Do you have any pictures of the wheels on and off your Lotus? I checked the ESM website and found a few but can't seem to find the actual 18x8 pictures.

Do you have any pictures of the wheels on and off your Lotus? I checked the ESM website and found a few but can't seem to find the actual 18x8 pictures.

nothing on my car yet... still saving for tires... financial priorities came up this summer so im still waiting to get the tires... but heres a shot of them out of the boxes in my basement:
http://shadeone.com/modificationpics/wheels.jpg
19x9.5 in the back near the couch and the 18x8s in front...

work vs xx

not 100% identical to bbs lm but they look a tad bigger for thier size due to the bbs lm having a different lip design that takes up more room on the wheel face.

if i could do it again i would source a used 17 inch set from ebay as well as an used 18 inch set; then i would have two sets of staggered wheels where each full set can run around 1200$ (after selling off a set of wheels)

for those who are super picky, with that money saved if needed you can would refinish the faces to a diff color and if needed fix the lips. won't cost more then 2 grand for a mint refurb set of 17/18 staggered work wheels with the perfect offsets that suit your needs in brand new condition and color of your choice.

plus they're work wheels, they aren't bbs but no means is a cheap no-name brand.

you may have to be patient re this ebay technique, but from what i've seen the wheels in both 17/18 sizes do come up in the correct sizes, offsets, and price :)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased these Ebay wheels?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-LM-Stagg...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c5fb4d2b3

These only come in 18 x 8 F 18 x 9R. Thinking about putting 215/35/18 F + 265/35/18 R Yokohama S drive tires on them. The seller is offering rims + tires for $1600 tax included to a CA address.

Has anyone done this?
Front is a 18x8 +38 which is perfect in terms of flushness & drivability

Rear is a 18x9 +42. This wheel is:
1) Much more recessed than the front (i.e. it is less flush than the front)
2) Too small in diameter for a 18" front, IMO (I would go 19")
3) Too narrow in width for a 265 tire, IMO

Looking at other ads, they appear to have a 19x9.5 +40. This would be a MUCH better wheel to run in the rear than the 18x9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-LM-STYLE...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c9a5a7f3

nothing on my car yet... still saving for tires... financial priorities came up this summer so im still waiting to get the tires... but heres a shot of them out of the boxes in my basement:
wheels.jpg

19x9.5 in the back near the couch and the 18x8s in front...

What offsets did you get?

Front is a 18x8 +38 which is perfect in terms of flushness & drivability

Rear is a 18x9 +42. This wheel is:
1) Much more recessed than the front (i.e. it is less flush than the front)
2) Too small in diameter for a 18" front, IMO (I would go 19")
3) Too narrow in width for a 265 tire, IMO

Looking at other ads, they appear to have a 19x9.5 +40. This would be a MUCH better wheel to run in the rear than the 18x9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-LM-STYLE...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c9a5a7f3
Thanks Hapa88:

Contacted the seller. IT seems like no one is willing to sell staggered rim sizes in 18r/19r. They either sell a set of 4 staggered 18s or set of 4 staggered 19s. Unless some one buys two sets or else they are not willing to mix and match 18F 19R. Claiming it is hard to sell rims in this economy. They don't know of any other car running on different size front and rear. The Mclaren MP4 is the other car I know of that runs on different size rims front/rear.

Thanks Hapa88:

Contacted the seller. IT seems like no one is willing to sell staggered rim sizes in 18r/19r. They either sell a set of 4 staggered 18s or set of 4 staggered 19s. Unless some one buys two sets or else they are not willing to mix and match 18F 19R. Claiming it is hard to sell rims in this economy. They don't know of any other car running on different size front and rear. The Mclaren MP4 is the other car I know of that runs on different size rims front/rear.

For starters, look a few posts above yours. ESM sells them no problem.

Cars that use or can use different size rims?

- C5 vette

- C6 vette

- Lotus exige

- Mr2

- Tons of kit cars/hotrods - and that's just a few off the top of my head.

Look at esmwheels.com. 18 x 8 et35 with 215/35/18 fallen 452, and 19 x 9.5 et25 with 265/30/19 fallen 452. Flush with no rubbing, lowered on Tein coilovers, no spacers, on a 97. Just use hubcentric rings and you're good to go. One note: use narrow brand tires. It clears perfectly, and shows a 3.25 step lip. I believe he's the only one to offer these wheels in a staggered set-up. Center caps at 68mm.

Back