• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Information Request: Dealer Installed 'Comptech Performance Accessories' package

Does anyone have information on Acura dealer installed Comptech superchargers?

I'm the third owner of my 1998 Spa Yellow NSX. When my vehicle was brand new (six miles) the new owner had the dealer (Walker Acura, in Louisiana) install what is line item listed (on dealer paperwork I obtained after purchase) as "Comptech Performance Accessories."

This package included a Comptech supercharger, headers, exhaust, Brembo Indy brakes, and performance clutch. The cost for these items added $38,931.68 in parts and $6,300 in labor to the bottom line of an already expensive NSX in 1998.

The original owner sold this NSX in early 2003, and it left Louisiana for North Carolina. In 2005, Walker Acura was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina; as a result, all of the dealer's detailed records - such as the build sheet for my NSX - were lost.

I've spoken with former Comptech employees, who told me that perhaps only around two dozen NSXs received the dealer installed "Comptech Performance Accessories" package. Unfortunately, however, due to various ownership changes at Comptech over the past few years, documentation concerning which NSXs received this dealer installed package is not accessible.

As a result, I'm curious to know if any of the NSX historians here on Prime have information about the "Comptech Performance Accessories" package, and/or how many NSXs received this dealer installed upgrade.

Thanks.

Last edited:
good question to ask. I hope you get your answer.

$38k in parts alone !??!?!?!!?:eek:
Granted CT parts are a little pricey, that just seems out right crazy pricing.

Amazingly costly, huh?

I also forgot to mention in my initial post that my NSX also came with an after market EMS system. I'll have to again look at the label, but if I recall correctly it is labelled Comptech/AEM. So this contributed to the overall cost.

Regardless, the original owner paid an additional $43k or so (parts and labor) when he bought the car new.

I am in a somehow similar situation but have gathered enough information from Shad @ Driving Ambitions to understand my case. I purchased a "Compteched" 97 NA2 from its original owner. He had ordered the car from an Acura delaer (Niello) in Sacramento, CA and instead of asking the dealer to do the Comptech work, he went directly to Comptech who happened to be his next door neighbors at work. He tells me they charged him about $25K+ for SC/Indybrakes/exhaust/headers/susp/ etc etc and he reckoned he saved at least $10K or more by not doing it thru the dealer. So it is reasonable to assume that the cost your previous owner incurred did include a hefty dealer premium; nothing unusual in the realm of the auto business. Hope this helps.

Well, this sounds just like the package that was installed on my NSX. :smile:

Do you happen to have the original build sheet noting all the bits and pieces that came with this dealer upgrade? If so, please feel free to PM, and I'll send you my email address.

Thanks.

I am in a somehow similar situation but have gathered enough information from Shad @ Driving Ambitions to understand my case. I purchased a "Compteched" 97 NA2 from its original owner. He had ordered the car from an Acura delaer (Niello) in Sacramento, CA and instead of asking the dealer to do the Comptech work, he went directly to Comptech who happened to be his next door neighbors at work. He tells me they charged him about $25K+ for SC/Indybrakes/exhaust/headers/susp/ etc etc and he reckoned he saved at least $10K or more by not doing it thru the dealer. So it is reasonable to assume that the cost your previous owner incurred did include a hefty dealer premium; nothing unusual in the realm of the auto business. Hope this helps.

Just an FYI, I snapped this photo of a 1998 NSX-T at Niello Acura that was on the showroom floor with all the Comptech performance parts on it.

comp22.jpg

Good find, Vytas !!
Hope all is well with your new red baby !

My "package" is exactly the same but for Technos instead. Also, no mention of a clutch upgrade.
The dealer has at least an extra $20K or more in that posted price.

Last edited:
Just an FYI, I snapped this photo of a 1998 NSX-T at Niello Acura that was on the showroom floor with all the Comptech performance parts on it.

comp22.jpg

Wow, thats ballin' right there ...

Vytas,
It would be interesting to read the VIN on top of the sticker and find out where that car ended up.

Great informtion; thanks.

And did you take this picture when the vehicle was brand new...?

comp22.jpg

In the event some other dealer optioned Comptech NSXs show up, perhaps I'll start a thread - or Wiki - listing these vehicles, VINs, histories; etc.

Vytas,
It would be interesting to read the VIN on top of the sticker and find out where that car ended up.

How is this any different then having a Acura dealer install CT parts. There was never a CT or special addition. Dealer may have said that there was but that was just a selling scheme to get you to pay 140K over sticker. Ether way CT makes grate products and only enhances the cars performance. I would be happy to own one but don’t think it is something really that special about it, other then the aftermarket parts on the car.

I'm sure if this thread stays updated long enough those with the historical facts might chime in.This package was offered as a acura certified option package that was warrantied.I suspect comptech was able to do this because of thier racing success with honda/acura.Only certain dealers who had nsx experience were offered this package.Back in the day the brake package alone was 10k:eek:As was noted above if more specific info is causing you sleep apnea:wink: then give driving ambitions a call and speak to Bob.

I snapped this photo at Niello Acura back in 1998 at an NSX event that was held at Comptech and then continued at Niello Acura. Many of us were blown away at the final sticker price.

Back