• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kentucky Speedway Nascar Truck Race

Have you been to one of these races? They are seriously entertaining. Sure, go straight, turn left. :rolleyes: Particularly on the shorter tracks, these guys are a blast to watch.

I use to fly for Penske Racing South (Rusty Wallace), I have seen enough NASCAR races. They are not entertaining to watch live, especially the Super Speedways. Hate to say it, but racing (all racing) is better watched on TV. We use to perfer to watch it on TV in Rusty's air conditioned bus than step outside.

I use to fly for Penske Racing South (Rusty Wallace), I have seen enough NASCAR races. They are not entertaining to watch live, especially the Super Speedways. Hate to say it, but racing (all racing) is better watched on TV. We use to perfer to watch it on TV in Rusty's air conditioned bus than step outside.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess. Super Speedways are generally not a lot of entertainment, I'll give you that. I think the Brickyard is a perfect example. One exception to this was the Daytona 500 was quite entertaining this year. We were up high right on the start/finish line. You can see the whole track, and the passing is plentiful. Short track racing is more often than not going to be more entertaining. The trucks at ORP is a great example. I've been to numerous Formula 1 races, and dozens of IRL races, and have to say that as far as spectator sports you can't beat a short track NASCAR race. Plain and simple - just more passing and competition. What tops them all - a great drive around a road course yourself, which I know you're more experienced at than most on this forum.

Buuuuut, home on the couch, DVR, hard to beat. +1 on that.

I'll go along with both these arguments. I think races are fun to watch live if you can see the whole track (Kentucky / Bristol), and sucks when you can't (Indianapolis / insert any road track here). Yes, if you want the best seat it's in front of your tv. But.... If you wanna drink with your buddies, and you've got free tix, what the hell. We had a good time.

Back