• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

White NA1 on ebay JH4NA1156NT001208

in my daily internet search for a white/black NA1 I saw this mint chip on ebay..this thing is sick and it's already bidded up to the "buy it now" price of $39K:eek: guess I'm not the only one who would love to have this in my garage:redface:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApIKAaYvRk0&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApIKAaYvRk0&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Re: MINT white NA1 on ebay...

Great video, well representation of the NSX.

yeah, the guy does a pretty good job of selling the NSX...I like how he says he's drivin all sorts of exotic sports cars like Lambo's and F -cars but the NSX somehow sets itself apart...:cool:

That car has been on ebay for quite a few months

thanks to this guy/video I've learned how to telescope my steering wheel, that, after 8 months of ownership haha I thought "tilting" was the only feature .... feels so good to discover a new thing after such long time ..
Oscar

wow i never new i had a telescoping steering wheel. Thats the 3rd fine thats new to me after 5 yrs.

#1 was the trunk release button on the door
#2 was the gas cap holder on the gas door

There is a thing called the "owners manual" that many are too lazy to read. Find out everything about your car within an hour instead of waiting years to come across it.

wow i never (k)new i had a telescoping steering wheel. That's the 3rd find thats new to me after 5 yrs.

#1 was the trunk release button on the door
#2 was the gas cap holder on the gas door

Seriously? Wow. Did you know you had 5/6 gears and wipers too?

Hey Guys,

This car is a nice one and was at Autohaus on Eden in the Autotrader about 2 months ago and had been there a while. I talked to the salesman at the time and I had given him the stuff about the TB/WP and hoses as a time deal - they didn't know that apparently. I was working on them an trying to get it for 34k and I believe I would have if the guy that has it here hadn't come up and snaked it right out from under me with, of course, a higher offer - 37k to be exact. He put the tires on it cause it had old funky looking tires. Unless he just cleaned them up really well which may have been the case. This was another that got away from me - I had been trying to buy the white 93 that Mark had on Prime here recently and it sold in 12 hours for 36k, and it had the TB/WP/Hoses done and had 17k miles on it and the radio had been gone thru over 2 years by Willham. I say all that to tell you why I was a little late badgering these guys and I believe I had em talked into selling at a reasonable price - almost is the operative word here - almost doesn't get it.

However - now the one I ended up getting is a great one too - with 41k on it - and it's in great shape or no - it will be in great shape after I finish sinking some decent bucks in it.

This is a rare one - I also hesitated because I thought that an airbag passenger side was important - but obviously since I ended up with a 91 it got to be less of an issue. So there you have it - but if anyone wants a great car and doesn't mind having ohhh I'd say purchase = 39k at least and another 2500 to 3000 in it and ending up with 42 or 43k in a 92 then you should buy it cause you can never roll back that odometer but you can repair em. White is a rare color and a great one on the NSX - hence the NSX-R in white - first and second R. Having totally original paint and only a couple of rock chips, well that's really like buying a new one and I don't believe there is a whole lot of difference between the first and final gen cars in speed and 0-60 times.

Anyway, I'm glad I'll end up after spending some bucks to have around 33 or 34k in mine - Sebring silver with 41k and a few mods - comptech headers and later model exhaust system and a chip - which I doubt makes much difference. It also has eibach springs but I'm going back to the original springs to get the 1" back it's lowered. I may end up puttting them back on but I need that inch with my driveway. Front and rear bumper have been sprayed - which isn't bad but it isn't original paint like this one which makes a difference, a substantial one in my opinion.

So is it a good deal? Or is it not? Like I said I'm glad I'll have 10k less in one after I'm finished or Barney (barn man) finishes it which is the case. But if you want an almost new car it may be worth the bucks - they sure ain't making em anymore and there just can't be a lot of these around. It may be worth it.

I do not believe this NSX (JH4NA1156NT001208 / 14,XXX miles) qualifies as a “museum piece” as the seller claims, but for those of you who may be interested in the vehicle, I am providing the following observations, impressions, and photos during a recent PPI at McGrath Acura:

- There was paint work front and rear – which was not disclosed.
- The paint workmanship was of poor quality and did not match (in person you can easily see up to four different shades of white).
- The paint masking tape showed obvious bleeding marks (#0013/engine bay) and was not even straight (#0005/rear bumper).
- There seems to have been a few attempts to repair damage and/or dents, such as the right rear quarter panel and the trunk lid (#0010 and #0012/bodyshop “dots” weren’t even removed!!).
- A black undercoating was sprayed on the rear part of the car. It was difficult to understand why undercoating was used and/or what it may have been attempting to hide. Nonetheless, the undercoating workmanship was of poor quality (#0037, #0042, and #0043).
- Non-OEM / incorrectly sized wheels must have been on vehicle at some point as there were signs of rubbing inside both front wheel arches (#0003 and #0004).
- OEM wheels were scratched (#0048).
- OEM tires were flat spotted and rough looking. During the road test, the technician noted that the tires were loud, braking was impacted, and that there was an indeterminable “thunking” sound emanating from the left-rear suspension.
- The exhaust baffle was dented (#0006).
- There were signs of battery leakage (#0039).
- Etc...
- Non-existent service history with respect to TB/WP.
- A compression test was scheduled but not performed due to the findings of PPI.

JBZ.

Attachments

• 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 487
  • 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 0010.jpg
    0010.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 548
  • 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 521
  • 0013.jpg
    0013.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,531
  • 0037.jpg
    0037.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 466
  • 0039.jpg
    0039.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 0042.JPG
    0042.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 503
  • 0043.JPG
    0043.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,585
  • 0048.jpg
    0048.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 468
  • 0055.JPG
    0055.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:

Mucho thanks goes out to JBZ - that is great detective work. This obviosly has had some damage and how much is a real concern to anyone looking at a nice low miler "museum quality". This is a sand bagger - I would very much doubt the integrity of the salesman.

Sad man - just goes to show how careful you have to be. The price on this would be at the point of no body work of any kind - this is a rip off.

Glad you found the truth out and glad as hell I didn't get it. I almost did and something saved me - this dealer he came in with who knows - but he's got a real dud he's hoping to pass off.

Did you talk with the salesman and if so what was his response to the paint work ISSUE! I'd love to hear that.

We owe a lot to JBZ again thanks for your detaild investigation. Probably saved someone a big headache here.

Hey Guys,

This car is a nice one

This is a rare one - . if anyone wants a great car and doesn't mind having ohhh I'd say purchase = 39k at least and another 2500 to 3000 in it and ending up with 42 or 43k in a 92 then you should buy it cause you can never roll back that odometer but you can repair em. White is a rare color and a great one on the NSX - hence the NSX-R in white - first and second R. Having totally original paint and only a couple of rock chips, well that's really like buying a new one and I don't believe there is a whole lot of difference between the first and final gen cars in speed and 0-60 times.

Interesting.....

Hey we all learn everyday Hot dude! I learned something here. I never saw the car; my dialogue was mostly hypothetical using this car as an example.

If you don't learn from stuff like this then you deserve what you get. I learned a lot - one things for sure you can't judge a book by it's cover. This is sho nuff one of those times.

I admit that all these low milers aren't what they are represented to be. But I still say that low milers are worth considering as good one for purchase. Like I said in another post about buying high or low - early gen or late gen - I surely wished I had the available funds to buy a 2005 with 2000 miles on it.

Obviously you liked that idea too when you bought yours. That's what that string was about as you surely must know to dig that out. Guess you read the thread where it came from - right?

Then you know you took it out of context - and obviously I hadn't seen the car nor had I been under it, all over it, to detect the paint. The photos that JBZ posted were very revealing. In this case I was paying cudos to the guy that did the research for all of us here.

You'd have to agree that JBZ did NSX Primers a big favor wouldn't you? I thought so. if there is ever one in atlanta like this I'll be happy to look it over for anyone too. How bout you in your neck of the woods?

Bromley.....

I've been an owner for 15 + years & member of the NSXCA for 10. Owned 5 NSX's, all purchased new. Been down the modification trail many times & feel comfortable posting on what I personally know about the NSX on Prime. If I don't know positively for sure, I don't throw it out there.

OTOH, you've owned your 1st NSX for 30 days, give or take & generate NSX diction like a Philadelphia Lawyer who's been practicing for decades.

With your posts & threads I consider the source- not that it is always conjecture, but time does take time. New owners generally ask more questions vs passing advice to potential buyers on cars they've never put their eyes on. That said, we all started at the beginning, but maybe not as knowledgeable out of the chute as yourself.

Hot,

You're right in a way. I can sure appreciate your appreciation and I would certainly think by now you'd have considerable knowledge about NSXs - but cars are cars - doesn't matter what the brand. I'm 59 and have had many cars and I haven't had but one or 2 bad ones out of 20 cars or so.

I learned a lot in general about automobiles from many sources - have never bought but one new car. Have built engines and worked on my cars for years. Don't do much of that now as there is too much equipment involved. I've owned 3 911s and been another list serve about them and many things you find about one type of car carry over to others. It's just applying what you learn to anything that is analgous. This is especially true of the details involved with being an educated buyer of used cars, which I am.

The mistake I made here or learned was that this particular car - the 92 had some big issues, which one would hope that a PPI would have uncovered as well. Always part of the advice here. So when I saw this one, having not seen it, but talked with the dealer that had it before this guy, I gave it the benefit of the doubt as nothing was disclosed in the sales jargon. However before I buy a car like that from a dealer I assure you I would have applied my usual scrutiny which has always served me well.

In the case of this conversation that constituted the thread you disected to find the excerpt of mine the thread was not about just this particular car although it was the content of this particular thread and based on the surface and also another thread about whether low milers are better than higher milers or even ones with good history. Umm, something I'm sure you can appreciate since you bought all your NSXs new. Interesting.

Maybe your history with cars goes beyond the obvious new car buying skills, which are minor when compared to finding a good used car. Buying a used car without your own inspection or a PPI is kind of stupid. What I was commenting on here was the basic goodness of the folks on this site, well most of them anyway. In that they decide to assist others with examination, taking their precious time to actually do a service for the Primers, something I'm not sure is reflected in any of the posts I've seen of yours but I've only been here or about 3 mos. and as you said have only had an NSX for a little over a month. In that time I have read a lot about them. I think I understand the vehicle - not to minutia but then how deep is your own real technical understanding of the used cars most buy?

So as I understand a point I beleive your trying to make, in that I don't know NSXs as well as some others but when it comes to used cars and logic about buying them no matter what the marque, many, many things you learn about one translate to the others unless your giving technical advice about a particular mechanical problem some one is having as in diagnosis. I don't pretend to diagnose mechanical issues because my own technical knowledge of the NSX or any modern car with it's computer systems and complicated electricals is out of my area of understanding to a great deal. But being an architect and in possesion of logic I surely understand the basics of how an automobile works, translates power to the wheels, and balances itself on its suspension.

I haven't followed your threads by going to your personal threads and comments but from what I've seen so far you aren't very friendly nor are you very tolerant of others. That's ok, room for everyone.

I will stand by the general content of my emails and information I've provided as it is at least an attempt at trying to help others or discuss the topics that are presented on the site in a friendly manner. I surely have the heart of Prime in my mind as I surely see the virtues of the automobile. Something several on this site have seemed to have lost.

So if you have something constructive to offer here or want to talk about a specific point of mine - start a thread I promise I'll post. What is it, that I made an agregious error about this particular car based on the superficial aspects of the car as a reason to be interested enough in it to actually consider buying it. That I would have bought it if......if it had checked out. If it was as it was represented or as it appeared to be in the ads and videos and I was trying to get it for 34k. The fact that this particular car turned out to be a turkey doesn't dispell my basic argument or comment in the thread of mine you excerpted. The idea here was that this could be .....could be a car worth while and it would have been worth considering and obviously it was cause someone actually took the time to check it out in the flesh, something I would have done myself had I gotten that far with it. It was bought before I could actually see it. But JBZ posted his findings and was helpful - obviously he may have been thinking of buying it .......maybe...what do you think?

I had just missed a great one for sale by a primer that by the way another on this list bought site unseen because he talked to the owner. Another little tid bit I've recommended to many here - buy from an individual and not a dealer because of the lack of really good records. Unless your buying a new car...

So tell me again where I've gone ary ....specifically that is. All you've done is ridicule me for an error anyone could have made by looking at an ad. Unless of course one is so paranoid about used cars that they don't buy anything unless it's new......mmm. No one should buy anything from a dealer, without knowing the salesman personally perhaps, without inspection - obvious advice - and if you prowl around in my other advice you're sure to come on to lots of good advice like that from me.

So tell me how your expertise with buying 5 new cars makes you an expert on buying used ones? Maybe you saw thru this diabolical ad about the 92 and just held back any sage advice is that it? Interesting you bothered to check in on this string as a new car buyer. These kinds of threads do interest don't they. Maybe you are a self appointed watcher of posts and answers here and are ready to shoot down those you believe need taking down a notch or two. Whatever, constructive you aren't, humble/frendly not really, helpful ....debatable. So what is it that makes you an expert - buying new cars? You've owned an average of 3 years a piece. Give me a break. Obviously since you don't dispense with a lot of comments you must not be too sure of your ability to do so.

By the way, I've asked plenty of questions enough to assist me in my task and along the way I've met some great people here that have helped me tremendously and friendly too. I'm here for the friendship and commradery and the interest in one of the greatest cars ever produced. I believe my heart is in the right place and my advice I hope is helpful and many I've posted private messages to have thanked me for my help. Maybe one day we might find something to see eye to eye on - it could happen.

Last edited:

Note to self......don't piss off Tim:eek::tongue:

I forgot to mention a few interior observations:

- Left speaker pops and hisses. This is typical for the Bose system and will need repair/replacement (many threads on this already), but it was not disclosed.
- Interior is good, but the driver bolster and passenger seat wear is quite noticeable when the leather "lipstick" conditioner fades.
- Missing all keys except the metal one.
- Did I mention no service history, receipts, or records? TB/WP not performed - yikes!
- Definitely not worth $40K, but that is just MHO. Still looking....

Cheers!

JBZ.

Hot,

You're right in a way. I can sure appreciate your appreciation and I would certainly think by now you'd have considerable knowledge about NSXs - but cars are cars - doesn't matter what the brand. I'm 59 and have had many cars and I haven't had but one or 2 bad ones out of 20 cars or so.

I learned a lot in general about automobiles from many sources - have never bought but one new car. Have built engines and worked on my cars for years. Don't do much of that now as there is too much equipment involved. I've owned 3 911s and been another list serve about them and many things you find about one type of car carry over to others. It's just applying what you learn to anything that is analgous. This is especially true of the details involved with being an educated buyer of used cars, which I am.

The mistake I made here or learned was that this particular car - the 92 had some big issues, which one would hope that a PPI would have uncovered as well. Always part of the advice here. So when I saw this one, having not seen it, but talked with the dealer that had it before this guy, I gave it the benefit of the doubt as nothing was disclosed in the sales jargon. However before I buy a car like that from a dealer I assure you I would have applied my usual scrutiny which has always served me well.

In the case of this conversation that constituted the thread you disected to find the excerpt of mine the thread was not about just this particular car although it was the content of this particular thread and based on the surface and also another thread about whether low milers are better than higher milers or even ones with good history. Umm, something I'm sure you can appreciate since you bought all your NSXs new. Interesting.

Maybe your history with cars goes beyond the obvious new car buying skills, which are minor when compared to finding a good used car. Buying a used car without your own inspection or a PPI is kind of stupid. What I was commenting on here was the basic goodness of the folks on this site, well most of them anyway. In that they decide to assist others with examination, taking their precious time to actually do a service for the Primers, something I'm not sure is reflected in any of the posts I've seen of yours but I've only been here or about 3 mos. and as you said have only had an NSX for a little over a month. In that time I have read a lot about them. I think I understand the vehicle - not to minutia but then how deep is your own real technical understanding of the used cars most buy?

So as I understand a point I beleive your trying to make, in that I don't know NSXs as well as some others but when it comes to used cars and logic about buying them no matter what the marque, many, many things you learn about one translate to the others unless your giving technical advice about a particular mechanical problem some one is having as in diagnosis. I don't pretend to diagnose mechanical issues because my own technical knowledge of the NSX or any modern car with it's computer systems and complicated electricals is out of my area of understanding to a great deal. But being an architect and in possesion of logic I surely understand the basics of how an automobile works, translates power to the wheels, and balances itself on its suspension.

I haven't followed your threads by going to your personal threads and comments but from what I've seen so far you aren't very friendly nor are you very tolerant of others. That's ok, room for everyone.

I will stand by the general content of my emails and information I've provided as it is at least an attempt at trying to help others or discuss the topics that are presented on the site in a friendly manner. I surely have the heart of Prime in my mind as I surely see the virtues of the automobile. Something several on this site have seemed to have lost.

So if you have something constructive to offer here or want to talk about a specific point of mine - start a thread I promise I'll post. What is it, that I made an agregious error about this particular car based on the superficial aspects of the car as a reason to be interested enough in it to actually consider buying it. That I would have bought it if......if it had checked out. If it was as it was represented or as it appeared to be in the ads and videos and I was trying to get it for 34k. The fact that this particular car turned out to be a turkey doesn't dispell my basic argument or comment in the thread of mine you excerpted. The idea here was that this could be .....could be a car worth while and it would have been worth considering and obviously it was cause someone actually took the time to check it out in the flesh, something I would have done myself had I gotten that far with it. It was bought before I could actually see it. But JBZ posted his findings and was helpful - obviously he may have been thinking of buying it .......maybe...what do you think?

I had just missed a great one for sale by a primer that by the way another on this list bought site unseen because he talked to the owner. Another little tid bit I've recommended to many here - buy from an individual and not a dealer because of the lack of really good records. Unless your buying a new car...

So tell me again where I've gone ary ....specifically that is. All you've done is ridicule me for an error anyone could have made by looking at an ad. Unless of course one is so paranoid about used cars that they don't buy anything unless it's new......mmm. No one should buy anything from a dealer, without knowing the salesman personally perhaps, without inspection - obvious advice - and if you prowl around in my other advice you're sure to come on to lots of good advice like that from me.

So tell me how your expertise with buying 5 new cars makes you an expert on buying used ones? Maybe you saw thru this diabolical ad about the 92 and just held back any sage advice is that it? Interesting you bothered to check in on this string as a new car buyer. These kinds of threads do interest don't they. Maybe you are a self appointed watcher of posts and answers here and are ready to shoot down those you believe need taking down a notch or two. Whatever, constructive you aren't, humble/frendly not really, helpful ....debatable. So what is it that makes you an expert - buying new cars? You've owned an average of 3 years a piece. Give me a break. Obviously since you don't dispense with a lot of comments you must not be too sure of your ability to do so.

By the way, I've asked plenty of questions enough to assist me in my task and along the way I've met some great people here that have helped me tremendously and friendly too. I'm here for the friendship and commradery and the interest in one of the greatest cars ever produced. I believe my heart is in the right place and my advice I hope is helpful and many I've posted private messages to have thanked me for my help. Maybe one day we might find something to see eye to eye on - it could happen.

Please switch to decaf Bromley or your brain might........

Breakingtarget.jpg

Hot man,

That's a picture of your "point" exploding. Kinda figured my post would lead to a very "in depth" response. Typical of your short, "friendly", quips.

Hey - no one really has to read my epistles especially when they are pointed at a singular Hot under the collar dude with moronic responses that add nothing. Give us all a break - no attacks = no epistles.

Doc's response was the best, funny and friendly. Maybe Hot man can get a clue.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Rodney King

Alrighty...back to getting this thread back on topic....a moderator should change the title of this thread just to warn potential buyers of this vehicle.

Thanks JBZ for checking out the car in person for any potential future owner :cool:

Back