• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center Consol/Armrest

I have a 92 that has the original center arm rest. I have the opportunity to get an armrest out of a 2003 NSX that has the cup holders - something I need desperately.

The question is whether the center console armrest is compatible and does the newer one bolt right into the old one's place?

It does not bolt right in, it's too long. You also have to change the rear center piece (where the little speaker lives).

It does not bolt right in, it's too long. You also have to change the rear center piece (where the little speaker lives).

95 to 05 armrest console with the cup holder will fit, remove the old one and replace with the new armrest (2003) and secure it with 4 screws. No need to replace anything but the armrest console.

Last edited:
In my opinion, its not worth it. The cupholders are pretty small, and don't extend high up, which doesn't make for a secure fit for most drinks. And if you're arms are long, you'll find yourself shifting awkwardly so as not to hit your drink which is already somewhat unstable.
Better off getting one of the aftermarket cupholders on sale in the FS section.

I have a question on the armrest too.... I have a '94, and the armrest is the newer two pieces style. However, I don't know if this happen to anyone else, everytime I open or close the whole armrest (for the bottom compartment), my top two covers will pop up and and I had to close them. In addition, it feels that when I close one of the two, the other one pops up. I usually had to use some force to keep both closed. Anyone have the same problem or this is a isolated incident? Thanks in advance...

95 to 05 armrest console with the cup holder will fit, remove the old one and replace with the new armrest (2003) and secure it with 4 screws. No need to replace anything but the armrest console.

Okay, I have two conflicting suggestions.

Chris, have you done this?

NSX-File: if you converted you NSX to an R, I guess you went through this?

Just trying to sort it out before I spend the $$. Thanks for all the advice so far!

Dan

I have one installed in my NSX. That is the only picture I have, the armrest is to the right without the metal DOHC piece.
IMG_3364.jpgimgmax=800

Last edited:
Okay, I have two conflicting suggestions.

Chris, have you done this?

NSX-File: if you converted you NSX to an R, I guess you went through this?

Just trying to sort it out before I spend the $$. Thanks for all the advice so far!

Dan

I have a 91 with the original 1-piece center armrest and box. I bought a 2-section armrest (top only - not the box part on the bottom. I was able to install the 2-piece leather armrest on my old box by unscrewing the hinges of the old one and installing the new. However, the closing mechanism is different since the old style uses a magnet to keep the lid closed and the new one is a plastic clip. The lid does not line up from left to right. One is wider than the other. Also the 2-piece lid is longer so it hits the rear center panel where the little speaker is. Maybe if you have the box part from the new one you won't have the alignment issues, but I still think it won't clear the rear bulkhead. After buying mine, I saw an ad or something where someone was selling the newer armrest along with the rear bulkhead, which indicated to me there was a difference between the old and new bulkhead. I guess you could check the part numbers on acuraoemparts.com

As someone else said, I just bought the z-toolman style stainless cupholders. Anyway, if anyone wants a mint condition split style armrest lid only, I've got one for sale - make me an offer. Pics are in my gallery. Here's a couple of picks and a link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=39906

DSCF0034A.jpg

DSCF0033A.jpg

Last edited:
As someone else said, I just bought the z-toolman style stainless cupholders. Anyway, if anyone wants a mint condition split style armrest lid only, I've got one for sale - make me an offer. Pics are in my gallery. Here's a couple of picks and a link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=39906

Hi NSX-File,

I am very interested in obtaining this from you. My questions were as I had posted earlier:

When you close one side, does the other side pop up? When you tried to open one side, does the other side pop up? My does that and I wasn't sure if it is getting old or it is defective. If the one you have doesn't have this problem, I will be more than happy to take it off your hands...

Regards,

Steven

Back