• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Downforce - Stack Intake System

Okay this is official. The intake has a new name and price. We have made improvements to our version over Mugen's that yields more power gains. We finalized the filter for the best filtration and power.

Name: NSX Stack Intake System
Part #: DF-AAA550
Retail Price: $950.00
Offer Price: $775.00 [FIRST TEN ONLY]
Paper Rock Sicissor Participants: Please email me for your $15 refund or special price.

Contents:
CNC Billet Aluminum Internal Velocity Stack
Carbon External Velocity Stack
Dual Stage Foam Filter
Carbon Airbox

Proven Dyno on a stock NSX. 8.2 HP - 10.3 HP

Pictures:
nsxstack1.jpg

nsxstack2.jpg

nsxstack3.jpg

Re: OFFICIAL Downforce - Stack Intake System

To reserve your spot you have to email us at [email protected].

Then on Monday we will process your order for the special pricing. Offer only valid for the first 10 emails received. If someone backs out it will filter to the next runner up.

Expect 1-2 weeks for delivery.

Thank you,
Peter

okay one down 9 to go.

For those that get in on this deal, can we upgrade to a CF Internal Velocity Stack ala the website listing.

Thanks

For those that get in on this deal, can we upgrade to a CF Internal Velocity Stack ala the website listing.

Thanks

Yes you may upgrade the carbon one I believe we have it listed for 40 dollars

3 sold 7 left :biggrin:

Is this stack system compatible with the Air Induction Scoop?

Yes it is. You just do not install the pre filter velocity stack.

So where's the official dyno? :smile:

Okay we just got some Dyno numbers in. We might make another run just to compare other intakes.

Here are the results from a 1996 NSX Stock with 100,000+ miles on a Dynapack 3000. Measuring the HP from the wheels with 0% correction for the transmission. There are a few items in the dyno that didn't make sense so if anyone wants to dyno test and post their own results, please do. The operator told us this dynometer generally provides lower HP results (more conservative). I would like to go by % rather than HP as it seems to be more logical that every NSX has different HP at any given dyno runs.

Baseline Stock NSX: 218.2 HP
Baseline w/ Unifilter Drop In: 222.1 HP
Baseline No Filter / No Box 198.2 HP
Carbon Intake Mugen Filter: 222.7 HP
Carbon Intake Hi Flow Filter: 224.6 HP
Carbon Intake Clean Flow Filter: 226.4 HP
Baseline Stock NSX: 216.3 HP
Baseline Stock NSX: 216.1 HP

Here are the puzzling results. The more restrictive filter yielded the highest HP and was third to the last run. By the end of the run we wanted to see how much HP was showing at the end and it was about 1.7 ~ 1.9HP less than the first run. Perhaps the car was getting hot, coolant levels were fine and stable. No overheating issue. The rear hatch was left open. No air was blown into the side vent. There was a fan cooling the front radiator. The unifilter netted a 3.9 HP gain. When we removed the airbox and filter it resulted in a 20.0 HP loss. Each run was conducted approximately 5 minutes apart once the car was setup. There were about 4 test pulls done before we got any numbers out because they were dialing the settings such as the gear ratios, control speed, rpm sync, etc. We have pictures, but I don't have them with me because I didn't bring a camera.

So the results are that it does work. Depending which baseline HP you believe is correct the results vary. HP gain is this stock NSX is from: 8.2HP to 10.3HP. The reason we dyno in this order was from laziness you can pretty much see what we did and we didn't want take things on and off twice.

Notes from the graph. The Torque graph showed more torque improvement right away from the very starting 2000 rpm to 7555 rpm. The only rpm range where the Torque was close to the stock was at peak torque 4,550 rpm. The power graph looked pretty close to each other. The HP started to show increase at 3,700 rpm of around 2-3 HP gain by 5,500 rpm the power gain is 5 HP. The peak power was around 7,700 rpm. So the power gain is has a somewhat wide spectrum. The sound is very noticeably different, the guys all liked it. The clean flow filter is superior in cleaning efficiency than the cotton gauze in the Mugen filter. Our foam filters outperformed the Mugen filter. Since the baseline on this car is so low, I would prefer to use the % gain instead. I believe if the car had a higher baseline the HP would be higher. Since this product does net power and looks bitching I am glad to announce that I will begin selling this product.

post #25 from the Roshambo thread. I'll be doing a dyno run pretty soon. Hope to get some gains.

interesting design.

I thought that a funnel shape where it would start from a larger intake port and narrow down to the throttle body would make more HP.

The look of this design would have me guessing that the air would rush in the inlet and intake velocities would slow down once inside to build up air.

What's the science behind this?

interesting design.

I thought that a funnel shape where it would start from a larger intake port and narrow down to the throttle body would make more HP.

The look of this design would have me guessing that the air would rush in the inlet and intake velocities would slow down once inside to build up air.

What's the science behind this?

there is a velocity stack before and after filter helping horsepower gains

Sam,

How come the aluminum inner stack and not the CF like i have? is there a performance difference? or just more cost efficient?

Sam,

How come the aluminum inner stack and not the CF like i have? is there a performance difference? or just more cost efficient?

performance should be identical you got our prototype the carbon one is extra money if you look at our website. You got lucky

Hey every one just an update we have sold 8 intakes only 2 spots left.

Are these already produced or will we be paying and waiting 4-5 months like all of my experiences with you guys in the past with new products?

Are these already produced or will we be paying and waiting 4-5 months like all of my experiences with you guys in the past with new products?

Wow sounds like you are still upset about parts getting to you in a longer time frame than you expected sorry you still feel that way. but, if you read the post we did post that it is between 1 to 2 weeks to ship out your order from the day you pay. If you are interested in this intake please call in at DF I would like to talk to you personally to make sure we shed your thoughts of our time frames thank you very much for your business.

stackdyno.jpg

DSC05527.JPG

DSC05511.JPG

DSC05577.JPG

DSC05529.JPG

DSC05530.JPG

DSC05536.JPG

This is the original dyno back in April. SOS is going to be running their own dyno to confirm HP gains. These are calculated as Rear Wheel HP which means you can add another 15% or more to these figures for flywheel power.

Why get a carbon airbox that gives you 0% power gains, where this setup will net you some real power and shed weight from the factory OEM setup. Also all of the carbon airboxes are rough inside, even the original mugen intake is rough. Our airbox is smooth which means quality is beyond what is out there. It took us 4 months to get the tooling right so the surface on the inside is smooth.

Most intake on the market will lose power so this is the theory behind this intake. It will make power so it works. We tested 3 filter setup and our best filtering media gave the highest HP. The carbon and the aluminum stack gives out the same HP but the weight difference is 16.88 oz vs 2.00 oz.

Back