• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hella Flush NSX Thread

Well you'd be hard pressed to find many of the older guys here hellaflushing their cars. They keep their cars stock, or if they mod them they are usually mild or for the track.

Affordability means a younger crowd can afford the car, and their sense of style is very different. Having seen a lot of other less expensive cars modified in certain ways, they do the same thing to the NSX.

So the wheel selection, where the wheel's lip is wider than the tire, stance, hellaflush and all this other stuff, has a direct link to affordability. If you really don't see it, I can assure you many here do. They may not say it, but they do.

So what is going on in this thread? Well, everyone's image is tied into their cars to a certain extent. That is why many guys don't want to drive a "girly" car for example, or why many SUV's are sold over minivans. Image. No one is really free from this fully, but some are in it more than others.

So the guy hellaflushes his car, compromising the performance a bit, for style. Style matters because it reflects on the owner (so we all think, although it has no true reality). He does it looking for more praise, but then sometimes guy B comes along and says that looks "dumb" (which is the crowd I am in). Now guy A is really going to get defensive and criticize back, because he didn't do it for criticism, he did it for praise.

Now guy B, the criticizer (the category I would be in), is no better than guy A (the hellaflusher). Guy B is upset, because guy A with all his stupid modifications is ruining the overall image of the car. And therefore, to some extent, him.

If 99% of all NSX's were driven by a group that you didn't want to be associated with you probably wouldn't want to drive it. If you don't believe me, just ask most guys to drive around a pink dodge caravan and see how they feel about it. The funny thing about egos is that they don't like other egos. LOL... very funny human behavior.

You guys go on hellaflushing, and enjoy. The NSX is rare enough to where the image of mine (and therefor me) shouldn't be too damaged. So I don't have to get all upset for nothing. My ego can stay un-bruised and I can continue driving around and feeling cool.

Now lets see who I have offended the most by my post.... LOL

LOL you offended me bro.. i'm hurt that you're so right. :biggrin:

Now guy B, the criticizer (the category I would be in), is no better than guy A (the hellaflusher). Guy B is upset, because guy A with all his stupid modifications is ruining the overall image of the car. And therefore, to some extent, him.

But that's the thing.. in your eyes, you may consider it "ruining" the image of the car, but it all depends on perspective. I personally did not purchase the NSX to use as an all-out performance sports car, I picked it up because it was always a dream car of mine and now I have it as a daily driver. I love the car and the way it drives, but I wouldn't say that the wheels or stance "ruined" the car. Your viewpoint on what the overall image of the car may be vastly different than others.

The original post that I had quoted brought up the notion of "class" and "maturity" as I was just curious to know what this user's definition of class was. Like I said, terms are variable depending on perspective. In all honesty 90% of the modified NSX's that I see posted online are, in my opinion, tasteless and tacky. Cheap wheels, flashy contrasting colors, and horrid body kits seem to dominate the field of modified NSX's that I've seen. But that's just my opinion. It doesn't really matter, because for all I know, the owners are really happy with their cars. At the same time, I also see some NSX's that are absolutely beautifully executed that retain, in my opinion, the overall "image" that the NSX gives off.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't force the idea that someone has ruined their cars based on the notion that they don't conform to your style or taste because the owner is probably happy anyway. *shrug* In their mind, they haven't ruined the car at all because their overall purpose of the car may be different than yours. Whether it be race car, street car, show car, or beater, I'm just happy that I have the privilege to own and drive this amazing piece of machinery.

Last edited:
But that's the thing.. in your eyes, you may consider it "ruining" the image of the car, but it all depends on perspective. I personally did not purchase the NSX to use as an all-out performance sports car, I picked it up because it was always a dream car of mine and now I have it as a daily driver. I love the car and the way it drives, but I wouldn't say that the wheels or stance "ruined" the car. Your viewpoint on what the overall image of the car may be vastly different than others.

The original post that I had quoted brought up the notion of "class" and "maturity" as I was just curious to know what this user's definition of class was. Like I said, terms are variable depending on perspective. In all honesty 90% of the modified NSX's that I see posted online are, in my opinion, tasteless and tacky. Cheap wheels, flashy contrasting colors, and horrid body kits seem to dominate the field of modified NSX's that I've seen. But that's just my opinion. It doesn't really matter, because for all I know, the owners are really happy with their cars. At the same time, I also see some NSX's that are absolutely beautifully executed that retain, in my opinion, the overall "image" that the NSX gives off.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't force the idea that someone has ruined their cars based on the notion that they don't conform to your style or taste because the owner is probably happy anyway. *shrug* In their mind, they haven't ruined the car at all because their overall purpose of the car may be different than yours. Whether it be race car, street car, show car, or beater, I'm just happy that I have the privilege to own and drive this amazing piece of machinery.

well said!

look, you guys can do whatever you want to do to your cars. however, in the end accept the consequences on whatever happens.

i am interested to see pics of pulled/rolled nsx fenders btw

and s2k_aristo

nice s2000, i love the rio yellow on that car and the nsx.

if you have a spec/mod list that would be nice

But that's the thing.. in your eyes, you may consider it "ruining" the image of the car, but it all depends on perspective..

I was just explaining the mechanics of human behavior, the psychological side of it. That's all. Why would someone get upset because someone else modified their car in what to him is an ugly or poorly executed way? It's not their car. It is not that different than if I got upset that you got cheese fries instead of curly fries. So why does it happen? because it is ultimately, an image thing.

I am not looking down on anyone, be if the modifier or the guy upset at the modifying... I am in there along with everyone else. I see an NSX done really badly... and a part of me says "Gee I wish this guy did that to a different car... than MY car". Some part of me (or whoever else is upset) wants all NSX's to look good, because we own one. And because in some small way I associate my own image with the car's, being a little put off happens. If someone came on this board and started criticizing the NSX, or went on a Ferrari board and started criticizing Ferrari, people get upset. Because THEY are seeing some part of themselves tied into their machinery. Just as the "modifier" does. He modifies, then washes it, takes pictures of it and posts them up for everyone to see.... goes to car shows, talks about "his" car.

Human behavior...

You are correct on perspective but not seeing this: Lets take a guy we call a "ricer".... I can guarantee you that within his social circle, his ricey mods are terrific. If it is a low-rider, chances are within that guy's social circle low riding is terrific. No one whose social circle looks down on "rice" is going to rice-out his car. So the hellaflush thing is cool within a particular social circle. If I enter that circle with my stock looking car, they all look at my wheels and say "man that is ugly your little wheels all lost in your wheel wells". If I go and hang out with the exotic car crowd, and show up with my dropped and hellaflushed fat-lipped rims, they may call me a douchebag.

When I own an expensive car, and you modify that same kind of car in a manner that I feel brings the social class of the car "Down", I get mad at you. I call it ugly. Your explanation of perspective at that point is irrelavent, because I already have some ideal in my head. We aren't arguing the validity of a mod, because it doesn't matter as far as the social behavior is concerned. Why do we like rare? We don't want someone else to have it. It makes us feel more special. If everyone had an NSX, an NSX wouldn't really be that big a deal. It's all at some level driven by image and ego. It's natural in humans. Often when I point things like this out someone always gets very upset... and says "why are you pointing out my ego? what about YOUR ego?" as if I just insulted them. When I am actually being very neutral.

Now I don't want to ruin this thread. But I am just saying when you see what I am talking about within yourself, your own ego and the way it drives you, it really lessens the amount of bitterness you have over what someone else has done to their car, or what someone says about what you may have done. Just go up a few posts and you can see some level of hostility on all sides. Even in my posts. Now continue on with your pictures... I like looking at them all even though I'D NEVER DO IT TO MY NSX. :D

I hope people get my jokes...

Last edited:
look, you guys can do whatever you want to do to your cars. however, in the end accept the consequences on whatever happens.

i am interested to see pics of pulled/rolled nsx fenders btw

and s2k_aristo

nice s2000, i love the rio yellow on that car and the nsx.

if you have a spec/mod list that would be nice

Mod list:
Comptech supercharger
Comptech camber kit
Tein coil overs
Comptech exhaust
Comptech headers
Stacy sideskirts
Shine front lip
Bloodi design covers
Comptech intake w/filter
Carbon side duct scoop
Ccw classic wheels
Test pipes
I think that's about most of it

"Pop a tire.." Lol..good one buddy. Never had stretched tires huh? I love all these ignorant comments.
Oh wow... Ignorant comments? So you got called out and that's what you reply with...It's people like you who actually think they're right that scare the living sh*t out of me. So good job on doing that. It's the main reason I don't go to open track events anymore.

The sidewall is designed to do many things. Not one of those factors are designed to take on that kind of frictional abuse.

Anyway, back to hella-flushin'! :tongue:

This reminds me of this famous TopGear video:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4-DGMrLGnLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's see more pics and less talk!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Always sensible..

(GUY B) So a caucasian dude (Obviously not a Hellaflusher) drives by my street in his work truck and sees me detailing the NSX in front of the garage literally stops his truck stares for a good minute, and finally decides to pull up. Approaches me and says, "That's an NSX right? Something looks really different about your NSX. Looks like you've got a body kit on it. That's pretty rare. All I see are mostly stock NSXs with wheels. BY the way, my name is Paul. I have Porsche 911 TT and is a huge fan of the NSX.

(GUY A), Hellaflusher (ME), "Thanks...most NSXs are prety stock." Decides to pop the big Hellaflush question thinking in the back of my mind, "Dude's gonna have a field day with my wheel setup telling me my wheels are too big for the NSX....."
So what do you think about my wheel set up?"

(Guy B) walks around the car...it's about the most aggressive NSX I've seen. Looks mean. Examines fenders...and wheel clearance. Most NSXs have tacky wheels that are too sunken in. The NSX is an exotic, it should look the part. I like it! Fits the car..

(GUY A) Members of the NSX community thinks my wheels are too wide and aggressive.

(GUY B) "They're probably the same guys with the sunken in tacky wheels."

True Story...LOL!!

Oh wow... Ignorant comments? So you got called out and that's what you reply with...It's people like you who actually think they're right that scare the living sh*t out of me. So good job on doing that. It's the main reason I don't go to open track events anymore.

The sidewall is designed to do many things. Not one of those factors are designed to take on that kind of frictional abuse.

Uh-huh...anyways..

Pulled fender vs. Stock fender..
6054615048_b9330344d7.jpg

Always sensible..

(GUY B) So a caucasian dude (Obviously not a Hellaflusher) drives by my street in his work truck and sees me detailing the NSX in front of the garage literally stops his truck stares for a good minute, and finally decides to pull up. Approaches me and says, "That's an NSX right? Something looks really different about your NSX. Looks like you've got a body kit on it. That's pretty rare. All I see are mostly stock NSXs with wheels. BY the way, my name is Paul. I have Porsche 911 TT and is a huge fan of the NSX.

(GUY A), Hellaflusher (ME), "Thanks...most NSXs are prety stock." Decides to pop the big Hellaflush question thinking in the back of my mind, "Dude's gonna have a field day with my wheel setup telling me my wheels are too big for the NSX....."
So what do you think about my wheel set up?"

(Guy B) walks around the car...it's about the most aggressive NSX I've seen. Looks mean. Examines fenders...and wheel clearance. Most NSXs have tacky wheels that are too sunken in. The NSX is an exotic, it should look the part. I like it! Fits the car..

(GUY A) Members of the NSX community thinks my wheels are too wide and aggressive.

(GUY B) "They're probably the same guys with the sunken in tacky wheels."

True Story...LOL!!

Uh-huh...anyways..

They look the same :confused:

More pictures of the red one with aftermarket side scoops please.

@ :51 seconds to 1:10, what song is playing? it sounds something i might want to use for an NSX video I'm trying to make ;)

[/QUOTE]

They look the same :confused:

More pictures of the red one with aftermarket side scoops please.

The difference is in the front section of the rear fender (the section that is partly obsecured by the side vent on the red car). Note that the black car's is slightly more pulled (and the rim is a lot less protected). :smile:

Uh-huh...anyways..
Don't flatter us with your responses. You're only compounding to the fine job of representing your age and demographic thus far.

I don't have a problem with people doing whatever to their car. They can hella-foolishly however they want to it. It's when you said that was track worthy that hit a nerve.

I understand style just fine. Let's put it in terms of fashion... There's really eccentric couture and there's Nike. You can NOT tell me the chick walking in heels down the runway in Milan can run a marathon in her same clothes.

The more "Hella Flush" one gets the less functional it is as a car. PERIOD

Last edited:
Please stop posting non-NSX photos in this section. You are more than welcome to share them in Off Topic.

And while I'm in here... If you are going to disagree with someone on this site, please try to do so without being disagreeable.

Thank you.

Don't flatter us with your responses. You're only compounding to the fine job of representing your age and demographic thus far.

I don't have a problem with people doing whatever to their car. They can hella-foolishly however they want to it. It's when you said that was track worthy that hit a nerve.

I understand style just fine. Let's put it in terms of fashion... There's really eccentric couture and there's Nike. You can NOT tell me the chick walking in heels down the runway in Milan can run a marathon in her same clothes.

yes, I'm 22 and a CEO of a multi-million dollar investment firm and your point is? let alone trying to flatter you with my comments? LOL..hence......I said "anyways." OP, might want to loosin your fashionable couture skinny jeans a tad:biggrin: FYI... this is the "Hella Flush" thread....if your ego is feeling a tad bit left out, I'll be more than happy to acoomodate you by creating a "Hella -Sunk" thread just for you:)

And yes....chicks do wear their fashionable stilletos to run a marathon bro..get a clue man, you mean you've never seen? One word for you...""YOUTUBE" Looks pretty functional to me...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BwKYDX2Ia4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
While running in high heels is do-able but EZdoesIt's point was't it can not be done, just not very practical at that (unless that person in high heels came in 1st place in a competitive running event).
Most successful CEOs tend to do what's best for their companies. With your twisted mentality, I hope you can survive in the more competitive business natures. If I were your potential client I'd be very wary after hearing what you have just rationalized.

yes, I'm 22 and a CEO of a multi-million dollar investment firm and your point is? let alone trying to flatter you with my comments? LOL..hence......I said "anyways." OP, might want to loosin your fashionable couture skinny jeans a tad:biggrin: FYI... this is the "Hella Flush" thread....if your ego is feeling a tad bit left out, I'll be more than happy to acoomodate you by creating a "Hella -Sunk" thread just for you:)

And yes....chicks do wear their fashionable stilletos to run a marathon bro..get a clue man, you mean you've never seen? One word for you...""YOUTUBE" Looks pretty functional to me...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BwKYDX2Ia4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

+1 to NA1/2-R GT

Oh what a tangled web we weave... and Mr. CEO, that's not from Charlotte's Web in case you want to "YOUTUBE" it.

Out of respect for Lud. Let me suffice by re-quoting myself.

I've been down this road before on other forums. That's basically what anyone in this "scene" does when you try to explain to them why their cars are fundamentally broken. They'll just resort to calling you a hater or some such childish non-sense.

But hey race cars have coil-overs and big brakes, so if their cars do too that means it's totally track worthy. :rolleyes:

Hellaflush reminds me of this:

tool_girls.jpg

LOL... I just can't get used to it...

I don't get it...People come onto the "Hella Flush" thread to come bitch about wheel fitment/lack of functionalityty/loss of vehicle value/ untrackability? Do as you please with ur ride and stop menopausing over this thread.

A tribute to stance haters......
6326713692_2fbf71c1aa.jpg

And this setup is fully trackable;)
Not to intentionally go off "hella" topic, but I do like the exhaust showing like that. It also may not be for everyone but looks good like that.

Back