• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hella Flush NSX Thread

How hard was it to roll the front fenders? Any different then other cars? Asking since it is aluminum.

What size/tires do you recommend?

You have any pics of your car?!

I've had my front rolled. The guy heated it up w/ a torch like he would do any car & rolled it. Just find somewhere that does it in your area.

Will do thanks!! Now I need to buy the wheels.. Refinish them and then sell my current wheels to buy some tires!! Lol maybe in a couple months I'll have then on

Hey guys I posted in wheels and tire section but I'm looking for wheels 18 or 19 with 10.5 width and 18 offset. These will go on my rears. Anybody running anything close?

So funny and typical...like every car forum aggressive fitment thread the guys who dont approve of the look spends more time responding and viewing it. would love to see more aggressive setups and type of suspension youre on.

A torch? I have rolled regular fenders before and I would use a heat gun to heat the paint and then an Eastwood style fender roller.

yeah, some people use a heat gun. My guy used the same Eastwood style roller along w/ the torch.

Same thing w/ vinyl wrap installers, some go with the torch & some go with the heat gun...

Last edited:
I used a heat gun and an eastwood roller. NSX fenders and quarters are no fun, but it's possible.

9395082355_e3a0261a3f_b.jpg

9439549739_c186e526d5_b.jpg

Any tips for the fronts compared to regular fenders? I need to roll mine slightly and trim the liner. Also it looks like you are running 2002 OEM sides without the door fillers how did they look.

I used a heat gun and an eastwood roller. NSX fenders and quarters are no fun, but it's possible.

Any tips for the fronts compared to regular fenders? I need to roll mine slightly and trim the liner. Also it looks like you are running 2002 OEM sides without the door fillers how did they look.

You are right, I had Downforce NA2 sides and rear. They had mis-shipped the door cards, and I never chased for them as it didn't bother me. Only NSX owners would notice. It didn't look out of place. Maybe due to the fact the car was black.

Fenders just need a ton of heat and it will roll.

I said it in 1991 and I'll say it now. Black is clearly the best color for the NSX. Ok guys, I've got my padding on. Take your punches!:biggrin:

I actually think it looks cool to have it scallop out of the door side like that without the inserts.

Does anybody know the wheel and tire set-up of this car? I like the set-up a lot.

315129d1363807146-your-favorite-nsx-gold-rims.jpg

Edit: I found the article from stancenation.com regarding this car and spec is 17x9 and 18x10 on mildly stretched 235/40/17 and 245/40/18 Toyo T1-R tires. Is it possible to guess the offset since we have the sizes?

Thank you guys in advance.

Last edited:
you may want to ask stickydiljoe..........:wink:

If anybody is interested, here are the specs for the red car above.

Front: 17 X 9 +22 Tires: 235/40 Toyo Proxes T1R
Rear: 18 X 10 +22 Tires: 245/40 Toyo Proxes T1R

He also does not have stock fenders. I believe they are downforce sport fenders that give a little more clearance

I actually bought these from Mike Mao's (the red NSX with gold rims shown above and used on that car a bit) younger brother.

18x9+35 / 18x10.5+18
225/35/18
265/35/18

Im not sure if Im HELLA flush...guess I'll leave it up to you guys.

Looks absolutely stunning. But may I ask, how do you drive over 50 mph over bumpy roads? The reason I ask is how to accomplish this feat because I find it impossible without smashed fenders...

Looks absolutely stunning. But may I ask, how do you drive over 50 mph over bumpy roads? The reason I ask is how to accomplish this feat because I find it impossible without smashed fenders...

Uh...very carefully, lol. No, bumpy roads are ok, just sudden dips cause rubbing. I had the front tabs rolled. Just the ones at the top though. Im trying my damnest to keep front removing/modifying the fenders but I had to trim some here and there. The outer edges of all the fender liners are rubbed to hell so whatever, lol. I figure I'll just get a whole new set of fender liners when I get tired of the wheels and switch out. No biggie. Tho I DO have incredible sphincter muscles now. Puckering all day, EVERYday, EVERY dip, lol. Its stressful, hahaha. As long as the fenders themselves don't get messed up, Im good.

I plan on looking into iLift in the future but Im BRRRROKE. :)

Last edited:
Back