• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hella Flush NSX Thread

i thought flush means.....low offset, flush to the fender.....its sad to see some non-flush car in this thread..... please close it down.....this thread is ruined!:rolleyes:

Agreed. I think RacingHeart does it right, just the right amount of stretch and he does it with so much class! From experience, I can understand why he's not fender to lip flush, but its still flush. Does that make sense? :biggrin:

so was mine not hella flush? how about the wheels before?
tonykhamly4.jpg

tonykhamly5.jpg

nice rides

DSC_0232.jpg

^^front car, not hella flush, back car, hella flush!

I think my car is pretty close to hella flush. Mind you, my wheels were chosen to allow me to run 285s in the rear. Any more and it will look like I can't pick wheels :biggrin:

Are you guys rolling your fenders or leaving them stock?

Try rolling your fenders, and you will have your answer. Correction, take a good look at your fenders, and imagine rolling them, and you will have your answer. Ok, the answer is no, the NSX fenders can't be rolled. :biggrin:

Btw, being aluminum, I wouldn't dare try rolling fenders on a NSX. (just my opinion)

Try rolling your fenders, and you will have your answer. Correction, take a good look at your fenders, and imagine rolling them, and you will have your answer. Ok, the answer is no, the NSX fenders can't be rolled. :biggrin:

Btw, being aluminum, I wouldn't dare try rolling fenders on a NSX. (just my opinion)

I just took a look and dont see why they can't be rolled, it has the inner lip which seems can be folded. I would think being aluminum would make them even easier to roll since it's a softer metal. Please elaborate.

I think he's implying their is little area to roll. "Hella Flush" NSX's aren't like the standard "hella flush." I think most of us want to be very careful due to the rarity of our cars and the fact that some of us can't afford messing up the paint. Good luck trying to paint match some of the pearl colors. I'm going to add spacers soon and my new "aggressive" offsets wheels should be here in a few months. I did some full lock tests and stiffened up the suspension to make the setup as flush, yet safe as possible.

My fav set up !! Theres a group buy happening with these just PM Danny@5Star he is a buddy of mine, and tell him M3 Ethan sent ya ! I've seen this car in person and it is sick !!!

19x11 Rear 3.5' lip hidden hard ware on carbon fiber face !!!

Attachments

• 4340275854_ea1269d291.jpg
    4340275854_ea1269d291.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,611
  • 4340266218_921d133409.jpg
    4340266218_921d133409.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,140
  • photo454564.jpg
    photo454564.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,504
  • strassed nsx.jpg
    strassed nsx.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 18634_1360229252343_1429908303_31004868_5133189_n.jpg
    18634_1360229252343_1429908303_31004868_5133189_n.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 848
  • 18634_1360229212342_1429908303_31004867_2658020_n.jpg
    18634_1360229212342_1429908303_31004867_2658020_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:
A chuckle chuckle! I saw this thread a while ago. Synth19 is my Imola chum and very much on top of things in the auto world, esp. in Chicagoville. But, :eek: :eek: Hella makes those large fog / driving lamps for drivers driving in butt-ugly driving conditions, from what I recalled. Eh.... perhaps I am getting old? But, never the less, I resorted to:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hella Flush

and laughed my arse off. Too funny.

I am -not- saying your NSX's look bad or ungainly or whatnot. I simply did not (still don't) get the phrase "hella-flush". Exactly where did that BS come from? Clues?

I have never seen a true "hella flush" NSX. Not sure if we'll ever see it either... our fenders are too expensive to experiment with, not too mention who wants to risk ruining a pearl color? This thread has some good examples of flush, or "as flush as possible. " :)

Definition of hellaflush here:
http://speedhunters.com/archive/200...-arcenal-gt-gt-hellaflush-the-definition.aspx

From Fat Lace's forum (not written by me):

Flush:

-Flush to the Fender or slightly inside of the fender
-Semi Low offsets for particular make/model
-Tires flush to the fender, little to no stretch
-Low stance with very little to no wheel gap

Hellaflush:

-Flush to the Fender or slight poke of the wheel
-Low offsets for particular make/model
-Tires flush to the fender with some sort of stretch
-Low stance with NO wheel gap
-Camber & Toe adjusted to make tires fit
-Fender rolling necessary

Mexiflush:

-Heavy poke (wheel extends way past the fender)
-Extremely Low offsets for particular make/model
-Tire side wall & tread poking out past fender
-Low stance with very little to no wheel gap
-Extreme Camber or no camber depending on amount of poke

Thank you, synth19. I digested the info on that link, I think. I'm gonna come back and re-read it tomorrow.

That said, I pose this. If Honda employs the best R & D designers, experts, and engineers to be found in our world (pls go with me here), who am I to second guess their talent and product, and alter my NSX suspension/offset/wheel/tire set-up OTHER THAN for just looks/appeal/coolness?

I certainly understand that it is a personal choice. But I am interested to hear other viewpoints. i.e. (or e.g.) Would you track a "HellaFlush" NSX? Or just show it.

Back