• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Putnam 10/10ths - Sat Sept 19

Ill say what I always say about the NSX, I have nothing bad to say about it at all; it could use more power but thats solved with a SC.
After 6 years of taking my abuse, the only thing that crapped out on the car was the battery when I didnt drive it for 4 months :frown:

SC and Type S suspension ON AN NA1 is the way to go...

Take note of the bold letters :cool:

SC and Type S suspension ON AN NA1 is the way to go...

Take note of the bold letters :cool:

type S???
fock that
thats like having a supermodelf gf and just playing with her fun bits and never reeeally experiencing fun ;)

type R all the way, Jim had his set up like type R and it wasnt hard at all

its an utter shame they never brought the type R here or upgraded the hp with even a SC. If they did that Honda would have a 20 year old car still capable of kicking Ferrari, Lambo, and Porsche ass and all without having to release a new model

btw, 2nd gear is waaaaaaaaaaay too long on an NA1
way too long

Last edited:
type S???
fock that
thats like having a supermodelf gf and just playing with her fun bits and never reeeally experiencing fun ;)

type R all the way, Jim had his set up like type R and it wasnt hard at all

its an utter shame they never brought the type R here or upgraded the hp with even a SC. If they did that Honda would have a 20 year old car still capable of kicking Ferrari, Lambo, and Porsche ass and all without having to release a new model

btw, 2nd gear is waaaaaaaaaaay too long on an NA1
way too long
Full type R suspension is cool if you don't like having a non-fractured back.

SC will make 2nd gear a bit shorter...:D

Last edited:
I went through the other videos, but the ones in your car the mount was so high that you can't really see outside. Should have just held the camera. Oh well, next time.

Full type R suspension is cool if you don't like having a non-fractured back.

youre back will be fine with soft stock seats, put in hard racing seats or type r seats and you bum is gonna hurt

but I hear you like that palmy ;) hahahah

I went through the other videos, but the ones in your car the mount was so high that you can't really see outside. Should have just held the camera. Oh well, next time.

did you get any of my spins or off road trips?? :D

The problem with the Type R suspension is that the compression and rebound is set so stiff. My car has the same spring rate 600lb/500 but with JRZ double adjustable dampers. They were set on 7/9 front and 8/9 rear for compression and 6/12 front 8/12 rear for rebound. I can actually drive home on those settings and it's not bad at all on the street.

did you get any of my spins or off road trips?? :D

I will have to watch them all, not sure.

Dan took it off on the bottom of turn 8 what, twice? But both times it was the smart thing to do as he knew he was too hot for the turn and just took it straight off as there was nothing to hit there. 30' to the left was a guard rail.

That's how you learn. Making mistakes is a controlled environment. Hey, the NSX also mowed the lawn twice. Dan was in the right seat for one of them.

BTW: Mid Ohio isn't really that bad as far as walls, etc. There are some places where you just don't want to over drive it (Putnam is the same around turn 9-10 you just don't over do it there), but overall it's an extremely safe track. I have seen very few accidents there. Although, I did see a F430 completely totaled there... but I think it was a really bad driver who downshifted instead of upshifting and spun when the tires locked on the front straight. How do you screw up a shift on a F1 transmission with padel shifters???? Turns out it wasn't his car - it was his Dad's.:eek:

Last edited:
I will have to watch them all, not sure.

Dan took it off on the bottom of turn 8 what, twice? But both times it was the smart thing to do as he knew he was too hot for the turn and just took it straight off as there was nothing to hit there. 30' to the left was a guard rail.

That's how you learn. Making mistakes is a controlled environment.

BTW: Mid Ohio isn't really that bad as far as walls, etc. There are some places where you just don't want to over drive it (Putnam is the same around turn 9-10 you just don't over do it there), but overall it's an extremely safe track. I have seen very few accidents there.

hey!! the second time I kept the front left tire on, so that doesnt count :D

well if I fix the engine, get the tire taken care of, fix the power stearing leak, and have enough money left over if I buy the CGT Ill come :)

no way in hell am I bringing the CGT though, unless someone will give me a ride home.....if Im still alive :redface:

hey!! the second time I kept the front left tire on, so that doesnt count :D

well if I fix the engine, get the tire taken care of, fix the power stearing leak, and have enough money left over if I buy the CGT Ill come :)

no way in hell am I bringing the CGT though, unless someone will give me a ride home.....if Im still alive :redface:

You need a track toy. Lola T70

1224810927pg.jpg

This guy has been trying to sell this car for a year. He's asking too much. It is in Ohio. http://race-cars.com/carsales/lola/1224810927/1224810927ss.htm

http://www.vimeo.com/2928789

My uncle use to collect Can Am cars like this - they are cheap to MX because the mechanicals are all US parts that are still readily available, but they are temperamental. However, there is really not much too the cars as they are simple, no complicated electronics, etc.

Last edited:
You need a track toy. Lola T70

1224810927pg.jpg

This guy has been trying to sell this car for a year. He's asking too much. It is in Ohio. http://race-cars.com/carsales/lola/1224810927/1224810927ss.htm

http://www.vimeo.com/2928789

My uncle use to collect Can Am cars like this - they are cheap to MX because the mechanicals are all US parts that are still readily available, but they are temperamental. However, there is really not much too the cars as they are simple, no complicated electronics, etc.

thats a lil too much for a toy that would get very little use :(
how are Porsche 917s priced??

or maybe an Ultima GTR with an LS7 for like 40-50k :)

Porsche 917s are OUTRAGEOUS. But there is a guy in Detroit that is making race car replicas. Not kit cars, but exact replicas with updated engineering. Will see if I can find his webpage. They run about $80-100k turnkey. The story behind this is the guy retired from Ford as the head of the racing devision and was bored so he hired a bunch of retired Ford guys to make these.

Porsche 917s are OUTRAGEOUS. But there is a guy in Detroit that is making race car replicas. Not kit cars, but exact replicas with updated engineering. Will see if I can find his webpage. They run about $80-100k turnkey. The story behind this is the guy retired from Ford as the head of the racing devision and was bored so he hired a bunch of retired Ford guys to make these.

kickass!!
any opinion on the Ford GT40 replicas (not the modern Ford GT)
a Mark 2 replica smoked my ass over 100 in a highway race once

no worries though, once I get less scared of the CGT and put a wing on it Ill track it :D
thats damn near a race car, hell it started out suposed to be a LeMans car

what kind of engine and tranny do you put in there??

Usually they use small block Ford V8 racing engines (NASCAR) with a 8,000 rpm and around 540hp. These are readily available from a lot of different engine builders and not too expensive to build out.

Imagine your Diablo with 1/2 the weight. :)

Last edited:
Back