• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Putnam 10/10ths - Sat Sept 19

I wanna go :)

cause of Labor Day and Carmel Artomobilia being the 2 Saturdays before though may be Ill be in San Diego looking at a LP640 I want or Dallas at a Carrera GT :(

just got an email that a guy flew in from England to see the CGT and agreed to buy it :(:(:(:(

is it too late to sign up for Sat??

Jim,

Would love to join you, but can't get away this weekend.....see you next month at Mid Ohio!

Ray

signed up :)
but I didnt get a schedule for the day, guess thats coming in the mail, but I wont get it in time :(

any idea what time to arrive? tech? run times? lunch time? close time?

the English guys wire never went through, so the CGT is back up for sale and I put a deposit down on it :D
I wont be going out till next weekend, so see you tomorrow at the track :)

Weather was perfect and Dan and I had a great time.

Dan turned out to be a really nice guy and he can drive his Lambo. He improved dramatically throughout the day - will have to check the data files but a quick look shows I was running low 1:22s when I was following. That's not too shabby for street tires (even monster 315 P-Zeros).

Videos soon.

Attachments

• Lambo1.jpg
    Lambo1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 53
  • lambo2.jpg
    lambo2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 52
  • lambo3.jpg
    lambo3.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 53
  • lambo4.jpg
    lambo4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Jeepers!
Two questions for you Cap:
- Was that caused by your left side tires getting off pavement, then slight turn in for upcoming corner?
- Was that shift into N during/for the spin?

Thanks.

Jeepers!
Two questions for you Cap:
- Was that caused by your left side tires getting off pavement, then slight turn in for upcoming corner?
- Was that shift into N during/for the spin?

Thanks.

I always drive right over the curbing on the right side of the kink. This time I think I turned in too early and had it sliding from right to left across the track and ran out of room on the left. The track turns slightly to the right before turn 7. You need to brake hard for turn 7. That wasn't going to happen. Had I apexed it a little later (like normal) then the car slides parallel to the track right/left with and you are heading straight and brake hard for 7.

Both feet in (clutch/brake) and I put it in neutral so the engine doesn't die when you finally come to a stop - in the grass. :wink:

Last edited:
I always drive right over the curbing on the right side of the kink. This time I think I turned in too early and had it sliding from right to left across the track and ran out of room on the left. The track turns slightly to the right before turn 7. You need to brake hard for turn 7. That wasn't going to happen. Had I apexed it a little later (like normal) then the car slides parallel to the track right/left with and you are heading straight and brake hard for 7.

Both feet in (clutch/brake) and I put it in neutral so the engine doesn't die when you finally come to a stop - in the grass. :wink:

Looked like a fun day regardless...how did your new wheels and tires holdup to the track? Dan seemed to be giving it a pretty wide berth, so the Lambo must handle pretty good!

Thank you. :smile:

Looked like a fun day regardless...how did your new wheels and tires holdup to the track? Dan seemed to be giving it a pretty wide berth, so the Lambo must handle pretty good!

Lambo was quick and handled really well. It's definitely the last of the "old school" Lambo - raw and brute force. For better or worse, Audi changed the character or the brand.

Loved the new Dunlop Z1 Star Specs.

Weather was perfect and Dan and I had a great time.

Dan turned out to be a really nice guy and he can drive his Lambo. He improved dramatically throughout the day - will have to check the data files but a quick look shows I was running low 1:22s when I was following. That's not too shabby for street tires (even monster 315 P-Zeros).

Videos soon.

haha, dont ruin my rep, Im an asshole :D

and I learned a shit ton from you!!! buy far the best instructor I ever had!!

and they ar 235 and 335 mosters :tongue:

btw, I got home to a nice surprise, a left bank check engine light on and a flat rear right tire.
oh the joins of Italian cars :frown:
burned a quart of oil too :D good thing it hold 15

btw, I got home to a nice surprise, a left bank check engine light on and a flat rear right tire.

Dan, the car is pissed at you that you took it home. It wants to go back to the track. My cat Milo did the same thing when I let him outside once. When I brought him back inside, he started causing shit because he wanted to be outside. The Diablo wants to be at the track. :biggrin:

BTW: If you have never been to Mid Ohio, OVR PCA is going to be there Oct 16-18. The Lambo would love Mid Ohio - back straight is longer than Putnam and you could probably hit 150 there. It's a 2-1/2 hr drive for me, so probably just under 4 hrs for you.

http://www.vimeo.com/1497652

Last edited:
Dan, the car is pissed at you that you took it home. It wants to go back to the track. My cat Milo did the same thing when I let him outside once. When I brought him back inside, he started causing shit because he wanted to be outside. The Diablo wants to be at the track.
:biggrin:

BTW: If you have never been to Mid Ohio, OVR PCA is going to be there Oct 16-18. The Lambo would love Mid Ohio - back straight is longer than Putnam and you could probably hit 150 there. It's a 2-1/2 hr drive for me, so probably just under 4 hrs for you.

Ild like to go, but walls scare me :(
they make you back off, cause if you go off you lose your car, and maybe your life. That kinda takes all the fun out of it :(

Ill see what happens with the CGT, I may not be able to afford to go in a month :(

NSX wouldn't have any of those issues...:tongue:

Damn, I knew I should have gone. I love that track. Nice job Dan.

you HAVE to ride with Jim to truely appreciate what the NSX can really do, and to see you need to get rid of the soft suspension and upgrade :D

NSX wouldn't have any of those issues...:tongue:

Ill say what I always say about the NSX, I have nothing bad to say about it at all; it could use more power but thats solved with a SC.
After 6 years of taking my abuse, the only thing that crapped out on the car was the battery when I didnt drive it for 4 months :frown:

Back