• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

replacement part source for window regulator

My '92 continues to have a slow driver's window so I can think of nothing else to do except replace the regulator motor as it is very slow and struggling. I have already had my mechanic replace the window fixit thingy, cleaned electrical connectioons, align and grease per the bulletins, etc. Nothing helped much at all.

I've read through all the search forums I can find on this subject, but can't find where there is the cheapest source for the window regulator. I am assuming from all my reading that I need part 72250-SL0-A02, but if this is incorrect someone wiser please correct me.

The guys at partsformyacura have if for $465.82, and wondering if anyone has found it cheaper. A bigger question is if there is anything better out there as I don't wish to be replacing the window motor again and again.

I also am trying to get a new center armrest/lid in black leather and a new shift knob in black leather with black stitching (the later the same guys do not list).

I'd love to find one low priced source for all 3. When I searched on Delray they didn't have a '92 year listed on there search option (think they only went back to 2000 or something like that). I had used Dali in the past with no problems but then came across all the people who never got parts from Dali so I am afraid of getting added to that list.

So to sum up, I am looking for one cheap parts guy for all my current and future needs. So far it has been like looking for a unicorn.

Are you sure the mechanic removed the old grease before he lube the tracks? The old grease is most likely caked on there. You have to remove the tracks completely from the door and dissolve all the old grease.

This is your most likely cause of a slow window. Getting a new regulator will not help much. Once you get rid of the caked grease on the rails and on the plastic square pegs that attach to the window glass, it will roll up very quickly.

If its just the motor u need. Have u or any1else on here look at a 94-97 accord regulator motor? It looks the same to me and it fits with a lil work. I have it on one of my doors.

I wrote to the window regulator repair place and got this reply. It appears they will do a nice job, but you are going to be without your car for a week or two.

We can fix your regulators,
but you first have to send me all the parts of your broken one with the motor.
It will coast you only $85 dollars each (our shipping to you is including),
plus your shipping to us (usually around $8 dollars that you will pay to send to us).
After we repair your regulator it will take 3-4 working days to delivery it back to you via UPS Ground.
To order this service you can send money order or you will need to go to
http://www.regulatorusa.com
were you can pay using your Pay Pal, Visa or Master card.
If paying over website, please send copy of payment together with your regulator.
If you paying with money order, please include printed your name and return address
telephone number and Email address.
Our shipping address:
MIRROR GUARD CO.
1377 41st Street
BROOKLYN NY 11218
If you want, you can call me at - TEL: (718) 851-0100
Thank you!
Alexander

I certainly appreciate all the input and help from everyone. I love this list.

A slow window is usually caused by old caked-on grease and poor adjustment rather than the electrical motor of the regulator. Replacing a slow but otherwise functioning regulator will probably not be productive. What will be productive is spending some time adjusting the window and lubing the bejesus out of everything that requires lubrication.

Regulatorusa.com does not rebuild the electrical motor of the regulator, only the regulator (guides, cables, and pulleys) itself. So they are best when your problem is a broken cable, guide, or pulley problem. Their service is fast and reasonably priced. Pay via Paypal on their website, box the regulator, and send it to them along with a copy of your receipt. Your regulator will be back to you by Friday if you send it on Monday. Their rebuild is better than new (they use sturdier components).

When my cable broke I sent the regulator off to regulatorusa.com. They did a nice rebuild of my broken regulator but when the regulator was reinstalled the part I liked the most was the smooth fast operation, which was the result of some time spent adjusting the window plus lubing the bejesus out of everything that needed lubrication, and not really a direct result of the rebuild itself.

Last edited:
Window motor swap

If its just the motor u need. Have u or any1else on here look at a 94-97 accord regulator motor? It looks the same to me and it fits with a lil work. I have it on one of my doors.

Hello; read your note. I have a bad motor, what did U have to modify to get the accord motor to fit?

I have been getting a few emails about the 94-97 accord motors.
On the left is the accord passenger motor. On the right is the nsx motor.
I just took the cables off the nsx and put them in the accord motor. Since it is the passenger side, it only has two wires.
I dont remember if the connectors will fit. You can chop off the nsx connector and put it on the accord.
I'm not sure about the driver's side accord motor. I think it has 4 wires just like the nsx's.
On a 2nd note. If it is just your motor that does not work. I would believe that the brushes in your motor are worn.
Open up the motor, clean everything and put new brushes in. I have not been able to find new brushes from honda.
I took the brushes off other honda motors that I had arround. I have read that you can get these brushes from a hobby store.
The brushes for remote controlled cars. They have many sizes, so it is best to take your old ones to match up.

attachment.php
attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

I have use the accord motor for 3 years. Recently I was able to find a used nsx regulator. The brushes were almost all gone from 20+ years of use. I changed them out. I cleaned my rails and used silicone spray just like the posts above. Everything works good.

Attachments

• nsx motor.jpg
    nsx motor.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,142
  • brushes.jpg
    brushes.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,112
OK guys there is one more thing that is slowing your windows down and it the felt molding...... if you look at your window exterior there is a rubber seal on both side of the bottom of the window. if you look the felt has rubbed off over the years and there is now only rubber. this rubber is what is slowing your window down intill it burns up the motor. if you cut this tiny section off down the lenth of the window on both inside and outside your window will now be rubbing against felt and not pure rubber your window will slide like a women soaked in oil riding a mechanical bull

The current solution that I have implemented is simply asking my girlfriend to help the window while rolling it up. That's not going over so well...

I have been getting a few emails about the 94-97 accord motors.
On the left is the accord passenger motor. On the right is the nsx motor.
I just took the cables off the nsx and put them in the accord motor. Since it is the passenger side, it only has two wires.
I dont remember if the connectors will fit. You can chop off the nsx connector and put it on the accord.
I'm not sure about the driver's side accord motor. I think it has 4 wires just like the nsx's.
On a 2nd note. If it is just your motor that does not work. I would believe that the brushes in your motor are worn.
Open up the motor, clean everything and put new brushes in. I have not been able to find new brushes from honda.
I took the brushes off other honda motors that I had arround. I have read that you can get these brushes from a hobby store.
The brushes for remote controlled cars. They have many sizes, so it is best to take your old ones to match up.

attachment.php
attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

I have use the accord motor for 3 years. Recently I was able to find a used nsx regulator. The brushes were almost all gone from 20+ years of use. I changed them out. I cleaned my rails and used silicone spray just like the posts above. Everything works good.

Anybody who can confirm the part # for us?

"I just took the cables off the nsx and put them in the accord motor. " Means we have to open both regulators essentially? Isn't there a high probability of us not re spooling the cables properly/tightly?

Back