• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Sebring Silver/Black 46K miles 5sp Manual MINT, VIN JH4NA1150MT002708 Atlanta GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAR & MODEL: 1991 NSX Coupe
VIN: JH4NA1150MT002708
CURRENT MILEAGE: 46.5K
COLOR (EXT/INT): Sebring Silver/Black
TRANSMISSION: 5 speed manual

PRICE: $28,000 OBO

This is a 1991 Acura NSX Sebring Silver 5 speed coupe in mint condition. The car is completely stock with the exception of stainless steel brake lines and professionally applied Formula One window film. Neither the engine nor the body/chassis have ever been modified in any way.

I am the second owner, having purchased the car in 2004 from the original owner in San Jose, CA. At that time the car had 19K miles. It has always been adult driven and meticulously cared for. It has a clean title and a clean Carfax, has never been in an accident, and has never had any paint or body work done.

During the five years that I have owned the car I have driven it daily and have never had any problems with it apart from having to replace the AC compressor earlier this year (see Maintenance/Upgrades below). The car has always been garaged and adult driven - I am the sole driver of the car since the day I bought it - and the car has never been tracked or raced. I changed the oil/filter religiously every 3K miles, always using Mobil 1 synthetic and Honda filters.

Mechanically the car is perfect. The stock engine runs very smooth and strong, the clutch and transmission shift flawlessly, the 100% manual steering is incredibly tight and responsive, and the chassis handles like a dream. All belts and hoses were recently checked by my mechanic and are in excellent condition. The tires are the excellent Khumo KU15 Ecsta MX's and have approximately 1/3 to 1/4 of tread remaining.

The paint is in mint condition, with only the usual minor blemishes associated with daily driving. All window and door rubber seals are in excellent condition. The body is also in mint condition, with no dings or dents. The only significant cosmetic issue on the car is a small horizontal crease in the plastic on the center of the front bumper. This was the result of someone backing slowly into it in a parking lot. It is a purely cosmetic issue, with absolutely no damage to or displacement of the bumper itself. When I bought the car my intention was to have the crease repaired, but it bothered me so little that I never got around to it. I did get a repair estimate from a well respected Honda dealer body shop here in Atlanta, and the total was $646 to repair the crease and completely repaint the bumper.

The interior has been well cared for and is in excellent condition. The dash, door panels and headliner look like new. The plastic on the console has a couple of minor spots where the paint has flaked off. The seat leather is in excellent shape. There is some minor wear on the driver's seat bolster, but it is much less than what you typically see in an early model NSX.

With regard to some common NSX issues: The climate control system, Bose door speakers and windows all function perfectly. When I purchased the car, the Bose subwoofer under the passenger side floorboard was blown and non-functional. I removed it with the idea of having it rebuilt, but never did since in my opinion the stereo sounds great without it. The factory 6-CD changer in the trunk also works perfectly. I replaced both engine hatch struts and both trunk lid struts in August 2008.

The transmission is within snap ring range. However, if you read up on the snap range issue you will learn that 2/3 of the transmissions within snap ring range do not suffer from the snap ring flaw and are not subject to failure. When I purchased the car in 2004, a mechanic at Los Gatos Acura, who had inspected it and had serviced it regularly, assured me that the transmission showed no signs of a snap ring problem. I have driven the car daily for five years and 27K miles, including the occasional high-RPM acceleration with aggressive shifting through the lower gears, and have never observed even the slightest hint of a potential problem. My shifts have always been absolutely positive and smooth as silk. Based upon this, I have complete confidence that this transmission is one of that large group within the range that does not have the snap ring defect.

I will be happy to take the car to be inspected at any Acura dealership shop in the metro-Atlanta area, at the buyer's expense of course.

The buyer will receive the inoperable factory Bose subwoofer, as well as the original dealer-installed car phone that I removed shortly after taking ownership of the car. Prior to sale I will also reinstall the stock spare tire, which I recently removed in order to replace the battery.

Maintenance/Upgrades

2004 (18K miles)
60K service (timing belt, water pump) completed at Los Gatos Acura in San Jose CA

May 2005 (25K miles)
Windows professionally tinted by Custom Sun Control in Atlanta, using Formula One film.

Oct 2007 (35K miles)
Replaced clutch master and slave cylinders
Flushed/filled clutch hydraulic system
Flushed/filled transmission fluid
Installed Goodridge steel braided brake lines
Installed NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
Installed K&N air filter in stock airbox

Aug 2008 (39K miles)
Replaced both engine hatch struts
Replaced both trunk lid struts

Apr 2009 (42K miles)
AC compressor replaced (including new AC clutch, stator and receiver)
Complete FREON replacement
($1375 service)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back