• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

This is what I'm talking about! You first see this woman, then a bunch of videos pop up!

Punk-Rock2016-Poster.jpg

Last edited:

I was driving my NSX today and answered my cell phone. I looked out the passenger window at a red light, straight at the motorcycle officer next to me. I got a ticket for "Driving while using wireless telephone." I'm guilty as charged. It was around 1PM in Lake Forest, on Lake Forest Drive. I'm glad it wasn't for speeding on the rare occasions I do do that. :wink:

I'm just posting this to let you all know that they ARE giving tickets. I see people driving while holding a phone all the time when I drive. I just didn't think the sheriff enforced the law but I was wrong. I have bluetooth in my 2015 Crosstour but not in the NSX or S2000.

VC 23123(a)
VEHICLE CODE - VEH
DIVISION 11. RULES OF THE ROAD [21000 - 23336] ( Division 11 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )
CHAPTER 12. Public Offenses [23100 - 23249.50] ( Chapter 12 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

ARTICLE 1. Driving Offenses [23100 - 23135] ( Heading of Article 1 added by Stats. 1981, Ch. 940, Sec. 9. )

(a) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless that telephone is specifically designed and configured to allow hands-free listening and talking, and is used in that manner while driving.
(b) A violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a base fine of twenty dollars ($20) for a first offense and fifty dollars ($50) for each subsequent offense.
(c) This section does not apply to a person using a wireless telephone for emergency purposes, including, but not limited to, an emergency call to a law enforcement agency, health care provider, fire department, or other emergency services agency or entity.
(d) This section does not apply to an emergency services professional using a wireless telephone while operating an authorized emergency vehicle, as defined in Section 165, in the course and scope of his or her duties.
(e) This section does not apply to a person driving a schoolbus or transit vehicle that is subject to Section 23125.
(f) This section does not apply to a person while driving a motor vehicle on private property.
(g) This section shall become operative on July 1, 2011.
(Amended (as added by Stats. 2006, Ch. 290, Sec. 5) by Stats. 2007, Ch. 214, Sec. 3. Effective January 1, 2008. Section operative July 1, 2011, by its own provisions.)

Last edited:
You can install Bluetooth and have your phone calls play back through your radio and you can use your cell phone or add a mic, to speak into. Just for occasions like this one. Still pretty chicken shit on the last day of the month. Quotas and motorcycle cops. Very bad combo.

I was driving my NSX today and answered my cell phone. I looked out the passenger window at a red light, straight at the motorcycle officer next to me. I got a ticket for "Driving while using wireless telephone." I'm guilty as charged. It was around 1PM in Lake Forest, on Lake Forest Drive. I'm glad it wasn't for speeding on the rare occasions I do do that. :wink:

I'm just posting this to let you all know that they ARE giving tickets. I see people driving while holding a phone all the time when I drive. I just didn't think the sheriff enforced the law but I was wrong. I have bluetooth in my 2015 Crosstour but not in the NSX or S2000.

VC 23123(a)
VEHICLE CODE - VEH
DIVISION 11. RULES OF THE ROAD [21000 - 23336] ( Division 11 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )
CHAPTER 12. Public Offenses [23100 - 23249.50] ( Chapter 12 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

ARTICLE 1. Driving Offenses [23100 - 23135] ( Heading of Article 1 added by Stats. 1981, Ch. 940, Sec. 9. )

(a) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless that telephone is specifically designed and configured to allow hands-free listening and talking, and is used in that manner while driving.
(b) A violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a base fine of twenty dollars ($20) for a first offense and fifty dollars ($50) for each subsequent offense.
(c) This section does not apply to a person using a wireless telephone for emergency purposes, including, but not limited to, an emergency call to a law enforcement agency, health care provider, fire department, or other emergency services agency or entity.
(d) This section does not apply to an emergency services professional using a wireless telephone while operating an authorized emergency vehicle, as defined in Section 165, in the course and scope of his or her duties.
(e) This section does not apply to a person driving a schoolbus or transit vehicle that is subject to Section 23125.
(f) This section does not apply to a person while driving a motor vehicle on private property.
(g) This section shall become operative on July 1, 2011.
(Amended (as added by Stats. 2006, Ch. 290, Sec. 5) by Stats. 2007, Ch. 214, Sec. 3. Effective January 1, 2008. Section operative July 1, 2011, by its own provisions.)

Oh no Patty! Sorry that got snagged! I hope it wont be too costly! See you on Thursday.

I went to a Women's Car Control & Autocross Clinic on Saturday, Oct. 15th, put on by San Diego BMW CCA, at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. I had a blast!!

There were four morning events to practice before they were all tied together for an afternoon autocross. We started the day with tech inspection and then classroom instructions. We had four groups of women, with about 7 cars in each group, cycle through the events. My events went in this order; (1) Decreasing radius right turn, (2) Slalom followed by a left turn out, (3) Hard acceleration and then stomp the brakes to get ABS use, (4) Hard acceleration then a (called out, right or left) lane change for imaginary avoidance, and back to lane.

I've never done any track events at all so this was great fun and a learning experience for me. I had an instructor with me for each event and none of them had been in an NSX before. It was a treat for them and they loved the car.

You guys who know me know how I get carsick. After loving the morning exercises we had lunch and then started the autocross. I did one lap of the autocross and felt very nauseous. I decided it wasn't going to work out for me so I went home. I loved the event and how fun that NSX hottie of mine is! BTW, I took brownies. They loved them.

Last edited:
So glad that you had a fun time! Autocross is a very nauseating experience at its best setup.

You would probably fair much better at a real track event where everything happens much slower, turns, smoother transitions between acceleration and deceleration, the "long" breaks between corners and things make it much more friendly to people who fail victim to motion sickness.

Still so proud of you Patty and glad you had a great time...when you're ready to try a track event...let me know and I'll go with you! (I can even instruct you if you like :biggrin:

FYI, I am in escrow on a house in Loveland, Colorado. It should close on August 31st. I refuse to miss the NSX BBQ we'll have in September. I am not selling my Lake Forest house. My brownies may become a memory.

FYI, I am in escrow on a house in Loveland, Colorado. It should close on August 31st. I refuse to miss the NSX BBQ we'll have in September. I am not selling my Lake Forest house. My brownies may become a memory.

Don't you leave us Patty! I'm a recovering brownieholic and I cant go on living without you providing me with my brownie fix! So, say it is not so!

brownie-half-full.jpg2016-09-Half-Eaten-Brownie.jpgBrownie-half-eaten-white-background-bite-chocolate-treats.jpg

Mario, this is all so sudden and I'm excited to be moving where I'll feel like I'm "home" but I'm starting to realize that I will miss you and other friends I've made since moving to Orange County in March 2008. I love bringing brownies to meets and drives. I'll miss that, too.

Patti, in all seriousness, me and many others in the NSX and S2k family are going to miss you! I'm sure we all want to wish you well. Your brownies can be replaced, OK possibly replaced, but you can never be replace! I'm not going to say goodbye since I'm sure you will back to visit us on occasion and perhaps some of us will organized an NSX road trip to visit you in Colorado. But in the event we don't, Sally and I want to wish you a good life!

Patti, in all seriousness, me and many others in the NSX and S2k family are going to miss you! I'm sure we all want to wish you well. Your brownies can be replaced, OK possibly replaced, but you can never be replace! I'm not going to say goodbye since I'm sure you will back to visit us on occasion and perhaps some of us will organized an NSX road trip to visit you in Colorado. But in the event we don't, Sally and I want to wish you a good life!
I'll be in touch on Facebook and Prime, for sure. I won't be far away.

:frown:

You can leave your NSX parked in your Lake Forest garage and bring it out for so cal nsx events when you come down to visit :D

That's probably what I'll do. Maybe I'll just take my S2000 to Loveland and my Crosstour. I was told by a sweet couple who will be my new next door neighbors, "Don't be one of those stupid Californians who thinks they can drive on snow and ice with 2 wheel drive. You need to get an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive." My new driveway is uphill and long. They are right. I'll going to see what Honda has. Most people get Subarus.

Last edited:
So, I bought a 2017 AWD EX-L Pilot. It's more like an enclosed truck and I already received my first rock chip on the windshield today. It does hold a lot with the back two rows of seats down. Yesterday morning was 35 degrees and tonight it's in the high 50s so it feels like summer. The full moon makes it even better.

But I'm posting to make sure we do have a big drive on Sunday, October 29th. I was going to drive down just for it so I want to make sure we're having it, Les. 😀

. Yesterday morning was 35 degrees and tonight it's in the high 50s so it feels like summer. The full moon makes it even better.

Since when does 35 degrees feel like summer.:confused:

But I'm posting to make sure we do have a big drive on Sunday, October 29th. I was going to drive down just for it so I want to make sure we're having it, Les. 

Just for you Patty I will have the drive on Sunday the 29th.:smile:

As some of you know, I didn't get to do ^the drive because I broke my foot on October 26th riding my street legaled, dirt motorcycle, Kawasaki KLX 300R in the forest. So now it's almost two months later. I am living in my house in Loveland, Colorado right now. I love it! It's 25 degrees as I speak. My NSX and S2000 are still in California at my house in Orange County. I drove my Crosstour here and bought a new AWD Pilot for the snow. I miss my boyfriend, Ricky, who is at my Cali house with my two other cats but I sure like the peace and quiet here. I still haven't hooked up internet or TV although I recently bought a state of art TV from Costco. I hate dealing with TV and internet companies and since I'm out of the city limits, I don't have the best options. I WILL have a white Christmas since snow is coming again tomorrow. I'll be with my son, daughter and ex-husband at my son's house outside of Boulder. Life is good.

Les, I'm looking at the calendar planning my next trip back to Orange County. Looks like the end of February. Are there any drives coming down the pike?

Les, I'm looking at the calendar planning my next trip back to Orange County. Looks like the end of February. Are there any drives coming down the pike?

A little early to be planning drives for next year but if weather is permitting we could have one in late February.

You can mark your calendar for April 26th-29th for NSX WestFest:biggrin:

A little early to be planning drives for next year but if weather is permitting we could have one in late February.

You can mark your calendar for April 26th-29th for NSX WestFest:biggrin:

Next year is in four days, you know.

Where will West fest be?

Back