• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

CIMG169310-24-09JFscars.jpg

^Tom's S2000, Graeme's, mine and Hoa's, NSXs. Tom owns two NSXs, too. He never drives them. They are his full-scale models, in his garage. :rolleyes:

Patty,
Correction......I heard from a reliable source that Tom only owns two full-size NSX vinyl posters......correct me if I'm wrong!

:biggrin:^Long ago I saw Tom drive an NSX to the South Coast Acura meet. Long ago.

...Hey, who plans on going to the LA Auto Show? I met a woman from Minnesota at the San Francisco S2000 meet in September, who told me how she and her husband always pay to go to Auto Show Preview Nights. She said it's more fun that way, that you don't have any crowds and you get to sit in more cars so I checked into it. I now have two tickets to go to the LA Auto Show on Thursday Dec. 3rd.

Here's the info:

The LA Auto Show isn't until December but I have purchased tickets for the Sneak Preview Night.

Sneak Preview Night
is the night before the show opens to the public, on Thursday December 3, from 6:00 - 10:00 PM.

For $125 per person, you get hors d'oeuvres & a cash bar, or for $250 per person you get deluxe hors d'oeurves, a hosted bar and and access to gold lounge and seating area.

The extra cost benefits Homeless Health Care Los Angeles and One Voice.

I went with the $125 per person tickets.

I'm thinking someone else might be interested in this Sneak Preview night.

If you are, when you go to LA AUTO SHOW, click on Show Info and then click on Sneak Preview Night.

LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW DATES

Friday, December 4 — Sunday, December 13, 2009
Los Angeles Convention Center

1201 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015

SHOW HOURS

Weekdays: 11am – 10pm
Saturdays: 9am – 10pm
Sundays: 9am – 8pm

The show entrance closes one hour prior to the show closing.
TICKETS

Adults: $12.00 (cash only)
Children 12 and under free when accompanied by an adult!
Seniors (65+): $8.00 Weekdays only. (cash only)

A few more photos from Saturday, Nov. 14, 2009 after breakfast at Pacific Whey, which was after Cars and Coffee in Irvine, Californina.

IMG_616411_14_09.jpg

IMG_617111_14_09.jpg

IMG_617711_14_09.jpg

IMG_616211_14_09.jpg

IMG_616711_14_09.jpg

I was at Cars and Coffee with my honey, Jerry, on Saturday, Nov. 21st and took a few photos. Here they are...

DSC_2236LexusFA.jpg

^Lexus FA. Lexus FA Specs say it does 0 to 60 in 3.6 sec, with a 10 cylinder and 412 horsies.

DSC_2240LexusFA.jpg

DSC_2244091121C_C.jpg

DSC_2237091121C_C.jpg

DSC_2245Subaru.jpg

^A Subaru for the snow.

DSC_2246Subaru.jpg

DSC_2246tread.jpg

DSC_2276Subaru.jpg

DSC_2281Subaru.jpg

DSC_2280blackLambo.jpg

DSC_2260vetwords.jpg

DSC_22534x4vette-1.jpg

DSC_2248vette.jpg

^The guy in the shorts, jacket and flip flops :rolleyes: is our friend, Tom (socals and socalx). When Jerry and I left C & C, Jerry drove my NSX with Tom as his passenger, and I drove Tom's white S2000, on our way to breakfast. Tom's '08 S2000 is a lot faster than my '05 S2000.

DSC_2263lambo.jpg

DSC_2270Z.jpg

DSC_2267fcars.jpg

DSC_2268F40.jpg

DSC_2283NSX_S2000.jpg

^My hottie and Tom's '08 S2000. Tom also has two NSXs but he likes to zip around in his S with his tunes blaring.

Hello Patty,
Thanks for the photos!

PS. I still find it extremely hard to believe that Tom has two NSXs......I mean I see him with the S many times but I don't remember seeing Tom with any NSXs ever.......:rolleyes:

Hello Patty,
Thanks for the photos!

PS. I still find it extremely hard to believe that Tom has two NSXs......I mean I see him with the S many times but I don't remember seeing Tom with any NSXs ever.......:rolleyes:

I just emailed you the salute. It's funny that I didn't know you were doing that until I looked at my photos on the computer.

Last Saturday, when Jerry drove my NSX and I drove Tom's S, Tom videoed his S from the NSX passenger seat. It came out good! I wonder how many times Tom's viewed his video. :biggrin:

It was nice meeting you Patty! :smile: Those are great photos!

It was nice meeting you Patty! :smile: Those are great photos!

^Thank you, Dennis. It was nice meeting you and your wife, too. I'm always happy to have a face to go with the screen name, and your combination is an easy one to remember. :smile:

So Cal is slooooooooooooow. I guess I'll get to sleep in with this rain. Won't have to set the alarm to get up for Cars and Coffee, tomorrow morning. :smile:

I had to work all weekend so its just as well rain. :frown: But the good news is I'm going to Vega$ next weekend! :smile:

^For fun, Dennis? I'm not a fan of Vegas but I would like to go see the Blue Man Group again, and see the Santana show.

Hoa, Graeme, Tom, guys, I'll have brownies at Cars and Coffee tomorrow, Dec. 19th. Want some? Find me. I'm always there later, like around 8:15 am.

^For fun, Dennis? I'm not a fan of Vegas but I would like to go see the Blue Man Group again, and see the Santana show.

We attended a wedding there. The bride is a longtime friend of Trina's. We stayed in Henderson at Sunset Station since the wedding was held nearby.

Drove the NSX there and had a blast. Made it home in 3 & 1/2 hours Sunday a.m. :biggrin:

We attended a wedding there. The bride is a longtime friend of Trina's. We stayed in Henderson at Sunset Station since the wedding was held nearby.

Drove the NSX there and had a blast. Made it home in 3 & 1/2 hours Sunday a.m. :biggrin:

Went just a little fast, there, Dennis? :rolleyes:
Jerry and I are going to be in your neck of the "woods" on New Year's Eve, going to the Pechanga to see David Cook (2008 American Idol winner), but had to get a different hotel for the night since Pechanga was booked. We aren't crazy about him but live music is something fun to do.

Went just a little fast, there, Dennis? :rolleyes:
Jerry and I are going to be in your neck of the "woods" on New Year's Eve, going to the Pechanga to see David Cook (2008 American Idol winner), but had to get a different hotel for the night since Pechanga was booked. We aren't crazy about him but live music is something fun to do.

Not really too fast, just not a lot of traffic. Thats my story anyway. :smile:

I haven't attended a concert at Pechanga yet. I saw Kenny G. at South Coast Winery which was a great venue. Awesome performance also.

Have fun and enjoy yourself!!

Not really too fast, just not a lot of traffic. Thats my story anyway. :smile:

I haven't attended a concert at Pechanga yet. I saw Kenny G. at South Coast Winery which was a great venue. Awesome performance also.

Have fun and enjoy yourself!!

I liked the Pechanga! I had seats only 3 rows (center) from the top but they were still good. I will be happy to go back there for another concert, sometime. David Cook sounded just like he did on American Idol, but he was especially nice to see because he was so happy to be playing to a large audience. He really appreciated us, the audience.

I liked the Pechanga! I had seats only 3 rows (center) from the top but they were still good. I will be happy to go back there for another concert, sometime. David Cook sounded just like he did on American Idol, but he was especially nice to see because he was so happy to be playing to a large audience. He really appreciated us, the audience.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of seeing STYX there but wasn't sure if it was a good venue. I want to see at least 2 good concerts a year. I have tickets for U2 in Anaheim coming in June. :biggrin:

Back