• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of seeing STYX there but wasn't sure if it was a good venue. I want to see at least 2 good concerts a year. I have tickets for U2 in Anaheim coming in June. :biggrin:

I would be happy to go back but I wouldn't buy seats on the lower levels. Everyone pays more for those seats and then end up standing the entire time trying to see through the others. When I go back, I'll try to get seats in the upper level but the lowest row. There were times when people stood but most people sat back down.

Since it's already been noted in the S2000 forums that she posts in, I thought I would be the first to post here:

Happy Birthday, Kyras/Patty/Patricia!!!:smile:

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I got a speeding ticket today on El Toro Rd, in Lake Forest. Written by a motorcycle cop at 64 in a 50 mph zone, at about 10:10 am. My Valentine One radar locator isn't working and my new one will be arriving by UPS tomorrow. Crap!! :mad: I'll try a written declaration like I did for my last ticket, in May 2009, which I won.

you will win that ticket with the trial by dec. the speed limits in Ca are a guideline except for the 65 mph ones--they are not winable . so your position will be it was a clear day, no traffic, pedestrians and you were traveling at a safe rate of speed for the conditions.

Regardless, sorry to hear of the hassle of the ticket.

Thanks, Tom. I hope so. In the past I would just pay it without a fight but I'm going to try after my last success. I submitted photos of the street where I got the ticket with the last written declaration, and will do so again. Six-lanes wide, in a photo, should help my fight.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I got a speeding ticket today on El Toro Rd, in Lake Forest. Written by a motorcycle cop at 64 in a 50 mph zone, at about 10:10 am. My Valentine One radar locator isn't working and my new one will be arriving by UPS tomorrow. Crap!! :mad: I'll try a written declaration like I did for my last ticket, in May 2009, which I won.

Sorry to hear of your ticket. Let me guess, you got ticket on El Toro right around the liquor store. That is a common area where they sit. There is another area on Lake Forest between the Jack in the Box and the Chevron station.

The OC Sheriff has been on the prowl more and more since the recession started and the county and state needs money :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Sorry to hear of your ticket. Let me guess, you got ticket on El Toro right around the liquor store. That is a common area where they sit. There is another area on Lake Forest between the Jack in the Box and the Chevron station.

The OC Sheriff has been on the prowl more and more since the recession started and the county and state needs money :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Yes, I think so. I was just looking down at the digital speedo in my S2000, and thought, I better cool it a little. I looked over at digital speed sign, and it read 52 or something, and I thought, 'Oh, it's seeing the car next to me". Then I look in the rearview and see the bike cop and lights. I got one in May 2009 on Glenn Ranch Road, same time of day.

BTW, my new Valentine One showed up today.

So, it's been almost 3 years since I started this thread and I'm reviving it once again. I don't have the boyfriend in the first photos any more and he's been out of the picture for a year. Many of you know me now, for my brownies, if nothing else. I've gone on Les's drives to Malibu (twice), De Luz (twice), Mount Palomar, and recently to Lake Arrowhead. Did I miss any?

IMG_8327120728NSX_ElliptiGO.jpg

^Here's a photo I just took yesterday of my freshly detailed NSX next to my daily driver 2011 Crosstour and my way fun, ElliptiGO. I took it to show my ElliptiGO facebook friends, my other ride. They liked it.

DSCN3273120721NSXNametags.jpg

^Here are the name tags of those who were signed up for the Lake Arrowhead drive on July 22, 2012.

DSCN3202120712Ramon_NSXs.jpg

^Here's my most favoritest mechanic, really getting into his work, on July 12, 2012, when he was wiring my Valentine1 into the mirror mount. Ramon of Niguel Motors, of course.

IMG_7342120428NSXcrowded.jpg

^Here's a land barge that just had to park next to Hoa's (Up2Yu) NSX on April 28, 2012. And yes, there were plenty of empty spots all over the place. :mad:

IMG_5554111004KMNight.jpg

^Here's a photo unrelated to NSXs. I took it on Oct. 4, 2011 at my place in Kennedy Meadows, CA. It's where I go when I can't stand the OC a minute longer. :wink:

Last edited:
DSCN3202120712Ramon_NSXs.jpg

Wow, only 4 NSX's there. Must have been a slow day.:biggrin:

This is a nice thread Patty. I never noticed it till now, but the last posts were shortly after I joined Prime and wasn't on everyday like now.:redface:

Eddie and I went to the Pancake House today, something we've been talking about doing for awhile.:rolleyes: Then headed down to PCH and cruised up to Fashion Island to meet up with one of his friends and hung out there for awhile. Had some gelato before heading back up PCH and to home.

It really s*cks living in SoCal.:tongue:

Nice pics patty and had fun les as always.....omg driving through hb was nuts!
I had umm female passengers in other people's car trying to um get my "attention".....and I can't post what they said but it was interesting at the least....:biggrin: fun drive home but long drive trying to get through there.....:cool:

Nice pics patty and had fun les as always.....omg driving through hb was nuts!
I had umm female passengers in other people's car trying to um get my "attention".....and I can't post what they said but it was interesting at the least....:biggrin: fun drive home but long drive trying to get through there.....:cool:

Oh, come on, Eddie! We need to know. This isn't the family channel. :biggrin:

Wow, only 4 NSX's there. Must have been a slow day.:biggrin:

This is a nice thread Patty. I never noticed it till now, but the last posts were shortly after I joined Prime and wasn't on everyday like now.:redface:

Eddie and I went to the Pancake House today, something we've been talking about doing for awhile.:rolleyes: Then headed down to PCH and cruised up to Fashion Island to meet up with one of his friends and hung out there for awhile. Had some gelato before heading back up PCH and to home.

It really s*cks living in SoCal.:tongue:

Yeah, So Cal is the pits, for sure. :wink:

Is the Pancake House the same thing as the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) or is that something else?

I took the NSX to Cars and Coffee yesterday, had breakfast at Pacific Whey with Tom R. and Kent, walked on the beach at Crystal Cove for 1 1/2 hours, checked out the dog park in Laguna Canyon, and then hit Road Runner Sports and the Gap. Didn't do much today but ride the ElliptiGo 33.5 miles, finishing in the (almost) dark.

Hey, here's a question for you guys... I need to drain the old gasoline from my Kawasaki KLX 300R and put new gas in the tank, since the old gas is somewhere around 2 years old and I can't get the bike to run for more than 20 seconds. Do any of you know what I can do with the drained gas? :confused:

I like to keep it PG ;) now back to the Patty thread and more NSX'S :D

I like to keep it PG ;) now back to the Patty thread and more NSX'S :D

Wow, must have been good, Eddie. :biggrin: Please tell me the next time we see each other. Will you be at the South Coast Acura meet on Thursday?

Please don't think of this as the Patty thread. I just like to encourage friendliness and don't need to even post when/if it takes off.

Yeah, So Cal is the pits, for sure. :wink:

Is the Pancake House the same thing as the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) or is that something else?

The Pancake House and IHOP are 2 different companies. Here's the way I see it, IHOP is good but the Pancake House is great. We went to the one in Aliso Viejo but there are others in Anaheim, Yorba Linda and Orange. There is also one in Redondo Beach for the LA area people. You'll have to wait up to 30 minutes if you go between 9:00 and noon but it's worth the wait.:wink:

The Pancake House and IHOP are 2 different companies. Here's the way I see it, IHOP is good but the Pancake House is great. We went to the one in Aliso Viejo but there are others in Anaheim, Yorba Linda and Orange. There is also one in Redondo Beach for the LA area people. You'll have to wait up to 30 minutes if you go between 9:00 and noon but it's worth the wait.:wink:

Oh. Thank you for explaining that. Did you get pancakes?

Oh. Thank you for explaining that. Did you get pancakes?

Yes, coconut pancakes with tropical syrup and a side of Canadian bacon.:biggrin:

Coconut? You really are into nuts, aren't you, Les? :biggrin:

I keep telling you I'm a little nutty.:biggrin:

Sorry about the ticket Patty. At least you got to say hello to Ramone again :biggrin: Thank you once again for the name tag it has a very special place in my NSX.

I believe a neck/shoulder massage is in order to help cope with the ticket associated stress you're under :tongue:

Sorry about the ticket Patty. At least you got to say hello to Ramone again :biggrin: Thank you once again for the name tag it has a very special place in my NSX.

I believe a neck/shoulder massage is in order to help cope with the ticket associated stress you're under :tongue:

Jonathan, look at the date on that post. I got the ticket on Sept. 20, 2010. I tried fighting it with with a Written Declaration but lost. I went to the court and asked for traffic school and got it. I did it online. I do like the massage offer, though. :smile:

I was amazed at what people get away with, after sitting in traffic court for a couple of hours. No license, no insurance, no money to pay fines. Oh, okay. Just go see the bailiff and work something out. :confused:

Anybody else enjoying the hummingbirds this time of year? My two feeders with a total of 8 cups of nectar are getting emptied in three days. Caught a hummer last night working my plant, whatever it is.

IMG_8342120730hummer.jpg

IMG_8343120730Hummer.jpg

IMG_8344120730Hummer.jpg

IMG_8345120730Hummer.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos Patty.
icon14.gif
Thank you, Kelvin. I'll add a couple of cat photos I took last night, too.

DSCN3387120730Zoro.jpg

^My love-machine cat, Zoro. He's 15-1/2 years-old, and quite blind but he still caught a bird last night. He's a killing-machine, too. I caught a rat a couple of days ago, by the leg. It was still very much alive but couldn't get it's leg out. Zoro heard it, sniffed it out, and instantly bit it hard in the guts. He wouldn't let it go for 4 minutes. When he finally dropped it, still in the trap, the rat was dead. Good Boy! I didn't want to do the deed myself.

DSCN3382120730Cats.jpg

^My other cat, Crystal, with Zoro in the back ground. She's more of a princess type. She's not a hunter at all. We only got her so Zoro would have company.

Maybe you guys want to talk pets?

Oh, what the heck, while I'm at it, I'll post photos of the dogs I had before I got divorced and my ex refused to let me see them. :mad: I did finally get to see them this year in January. It was wonderful! I hung out with them for 5 hours.

040609pup-Vector.jpg

^June 2004. Rogue is a pup.

040916RogueblowingbubblesA.jpg

^Sept. 2004. Rogue in the pond.

050107VectorandRoguebutts.jpg

^Jan. 2005.

050221Vector_Rogue.jpg

^Feb. 2005.

0505073dogsatRincon.jpg

^June 2005. For a while we had three German Shepherds at once, and then Whiskey died.

Kyras5-1993.jpg

^May 1993. Kyras. He's the best dog I ever had and where I came up with my screen name. He died in Dec. 1999.

Back