• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

Those are some amazing pets/companions, Patty. It's interesting how they each have their own individual personality. Thanks for sharing. :)

Not at the moment, Patty, unless you count my niece's pet Betta fish. :D It's a responsibility I don't have time for right now. :redface: I tend to work a lot, and leave on a moment's notice, so I feel it would be cruel to leave animals unattended. When I have more time on my hands, I wouldn't mind having some animal companions. We used to have dogs and cats when I was still living at home, and they were nice to have around. :)

So is this kind of like a "whoring" thread? Do our posts count in here? Haha damn, sweet... Anyways.... I just ordered my ignition switch and should be here this week. Also gunna slap in my ClearCorners treated JDM tail-lights :D I know a handful of you hardcore JDM guys will hate me for doing this conversion to a minty set of genuine JDM tails, but damn i am in love with them. At first I did not like how they look but that was cuz i saw them in pictures only. In person.. Wow, stunning. Mike did a fantastic job with them.

So is this kind of like a "whoring" thread? Do our posts count in here? Haha damn, sweet... Anyways.... I just ordered my ignition switch and should be here this week. Also gunna slap in my ClearCorners treated JDM tail-lights :D I know a handful of you hardcore JDM guys will hate me for doing this conversion to a minty set of genuine JDM tails, but damn i am in love with them. At first I did not like how they look but that was cuz i saw them in pictures only. In person.. Wow, stunning. Mike did a fantastic job with them.

Yes! Exactly. Let it rip. :biggrin:

I am an interloper (Norcal represent!!) but thought I would share some cute photos.

This is my bird, Makana, in a day out at the park:
tumblr_lp9qkuCEdx1qmpd9qo1_500.jpg

She watches me work...
tumblr_lr7raka9Uj1qmpd9qo1_500.png

Eats berries...
tumblr_m64vrkFqdr1qmpd9qo1_500.jpg

And plays with her other green friends when we're folding paper cranes.
tumblr_m77yrx8kdT1qmpd9qo1_500.jpg

bngl3rt, my daughter lives in Vacaville and is a zookeeper at the Sacramento Zoo, so I come up to Norcal on occasion. Does Makana talk? Are her wings clipped so she doesn't fly off when you take her to the park?

DSCN1880111009CK_PKMaze.jpg

^We went to the corn maze in Dixon in Sept. 2011.

120118Christa_FRU431.jpg

^Here she is in Jan. 2012, helping with the annual flamingo roundup for vet checks.

DSCN3189120701CK_PK_KK.jpg

My son is currently living in Mountain View and interning (2nd time) at Google. He normally lives in Goleta, since he's at UCSB working on his PhD in computer science. Since they are only 90 miles apart, for the summer, I got to visit them both in July. :smile:

bngl3rt, my daughter lives in Vacaville and is a zookeeper at the Sacramento Zoo, so I come up to Norcal on occasion. Does Makana talk? Are her wings clipped so she doesn't fly off when you take her to the park?

She is fully flighted (i.e. not clipped) but trained so that if she flies away we can command her to come back.

She is a very quiet bird but does learn the words for her favorite things and mutters them to herself :smile:

Ramon has like 6 or 7 I think. One space is rented by Andy it seems. Like yours custom jdm white wide body turbo but custom white interior. It's been there like a year.

Bike the Coast - Taste the Coast. Nov 3, 2012 at the Oceanside Pier in Oceanside CA.

http://bikethecoast.eventmediainc.com/

^This is a link to the Bike The Coast Event. I was telling Alan (GO KRT) about it at the South Coast Acura Meet, tonight. I'm registered to ride the 50-mile course. I'll be riding my ElliptiGO and know two others that will also ride theirs. One is doing 100 miles and the other is also riding 50 miles.

Bike the Coast - Taste the Coast is 7, 15, 25, 50 and 100 mile bicycle routes with food, fun and music at the Oceanside Pier on November 3, 2012. Southern California cycling past the beaches of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach and Del Mar.

I found out what's at the end of the rainbow!

I love my Suzuka baby.

IMG_85131024x979-Copy.jpg

IMG_85181024x654.jpg

Took these about 525 miles from home, and about 25 miles from Richfield, Utah, where I am tonight. I'll be in Falcon, CO tomorrow night, at my sister's. I'm on my way to Golden, CO for an S2000 meet this weekend; S2KCA Days. Strange that both NSXPO and S2KCA days are in Golden, this year.

Have fun at S2KCA Days Patty! I know someone from Phoenix who is going (Jason/4U2NV). Tell him I said hi! :)

I found out what's at the end of the rainbow!

I love my Suzuka baby.

IMG_85131024x979-Copy.jpg

IMG_85181024x654.jpg

Took these about 525 miles from home, and about 25 miles from Richfield, Utah, where I am tonight. I'll be in Falcon, CO tomorrow night, at my sister's. I'm on my way to Golden, CO for an S2000 meet this weekend; S2KCA Days. Strange that both NSXPO and S2KCA days are in Golden, this year.

wow

nice rainbows

have fun----be safe

alan

DSCN3894121006Cars.jpg

DSCN3899121006Cars.jpg

^Took these at Crystal Cove, today (10-6-2012), after we had breakfast at Pacific Whey, after we drove there from Cars and Coffee. Les and his buddy stopped by to say "Hi", after their hike in El Moro Canyon.

DSCN3907121006Sunset.jpg

^Sunset tonight from my back patio. That roof top to the left is Oakley in Foothill Ranch.

DSCN3874121005babyhummer.jpg

^A baby hummingbird I found on the ground under one of my feeders (10-5-2012). I fed it some nectar and after about an hour it was trying to fly. I don't know for sure if it did fly away but it was gone later on. I was really surprised how well my Nikon Coolpix S8000 did with this photo.

DSCN3884121005babyhummer.jpg

:smile: Cool event and great photos! I went to Pacific Whey on July 4th this year, and the breakfast was not bad. I got sunburn during hiking at Crystal Cove State Park. BTW, like those hummingbird photos.

:smile: Cool event and great photos! I went to Pacific Whey on July 4th this year, and the breakfast was not bad. I got sunburn during hiking at Crystal Cove State Park. BTW, like those hummingbird photos.

That event is just a normal Saturday morning. :smile: There's always a handful of us who drive from Cars and Coffee in Irvine, to Pacific Whey for breakfast. It's reliably good and the weather is too. So Cal is great for that.

Back