• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

Loveland, CO and Trabuco Canyon, California
Don't know if this will fly or not, but I just want to have an open thread to BS in. I'm in Colorado and missed the Cal Coastal Drive on Sunday because I went to an S2000 meet instead, in Durango. I wondered how many NSXs showed up. It's snowing here north of Salida, Colorado but not sticking yet. I have photos from yesterday of my S2000 and my sweetheart's in the snow. :eek: I'll see if I can get them posted here.

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

Last edited:
Photos added. S2000s don't work in the snow. We didn't mean to drive in it but we were on our way up the mountain road when the sprinkles turned to snow. There was no way to turn around until we got to the pullout and then the rear wheels were spinning as we tried to make the slight incline up to the road. RE 050 tires work great on the dry pavement and not bad in the rain but no good in the snow.

Patty, You missed a great CalCoastal Drive but it looks like you had some CO issues to deal with yourself! Welcome Back!!

Patty, You missed a great CalCoastal Drive but it looks like you had some CO issues to deal with yourself! Welcome Back!!

I'm still in Colorado and it's snowing right now. :smile: Tomorrow we'll head to Denver and won't be home to Orange County until Thursday night. I really wanted to go on the Cal Coastal Drive but decided to hit Colorado instead.

Last edited:
Looks like fun man, I'm sure those S2000's are fun in the snow. I can't wait for snow here in Michigan.

I was very scared! It wasn't fun to me.

Hey, colslaw87, I bought my NSX in Chicago in March. Do you know my car? I bought it from Gorilla, I think, is his screen name.

IMG_2363sideview.jpg

Hello Patty,
Just want to say hi! The S look great in the snow!
Hoa

Hey Hoa! Jerry and I just got home from Colorado a few hours ago. We saw TanTheMan in the Denver area. Said he saw you last weekend while we were in Durango. Said he got hit on BIG time driving that smokin' hot Lambo. Said if Tom wasn't in the car too...:biggrin:
IMG_5628TanTheMan.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a new Hello to So Cal NSX owners.

I drove my hottie car (that's what I call my '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX) over the Ortega Highway on Sunday, just for fun, and then returned to OC and had brunch at Pacific Whey in Ladera Ranch. I should have been washing my filthy '05 S2000 (after the snow in Colorado last week) but I felt like driving the NSX instead. It's sooo much more powerful, it sounds sooo much better (with the Taitec GT lightweight exhaust) and is so much better looking. I had to confess to my "boy" friend (He's 62-years old, to my 51-year olds, so not a "boy" in age, just in attitude :biggrin:) that I feel like an NSX bitch now. I've been an S2000 girl since March 2001 when I got my first S2000, an '01 Silverstone but I just am not exicited by the S2000 any more. Don't get me wrong, though. It's still a fun car to drive and it sticks like glue on the curves but it's not an NSX. I now have over 83,000 miles on my '05 S2000. I am really looking forward to seeing what Honda comes up with in the NSX and the S2000 replacement department. I will be replacing my S2000, if it's something I like the looks of. I expect it to be an improvement powerwise but I just hope it's not fugly. The new NSX should be out first but I think it will be somewhere around $130,000 or so. Don't think I want to spend that kind of money right now.

I know people have been reading this thread. I'm a nice woman that some of you know. My dad was super honest, down to earth and a hard working General Contractor, before he meet his third wife, he retired, got a 1991 automatic red NSX and then died from Alzheimer's in 2007. :frown: He gave me the NSX craving. I am hoping to get some friendly dialogue going here and won't give up. :smile:

Any one else looking forward to seeing what Honda/Acura comes up with for cool cars?

Last edited:
My honey and I will be going to Cars and Coffee on Saturday and then over to the Orange County Autoshow. If you go to ocregister.com you can print out $2.00 off coupons, but they are only good for today and Friday, Oct 15th and 16th.

Patty, the last I heard, Honda has shelved the S2000 and NSX replacements indefinitely. I'm guessing that when the time is right, they might do something with them, but they haven't given any sort of hopeful guidance. So, enjoy your S2000 and NSX until then; they're Hondas, so you should be good for a while. :D

^Yeah, I hear that and then I hear other stuff. In any case, my NSX is like new (~16,000 miles). My S2000 has over 83,000 miles on it and I need to get it a little TLC. After my Colorado trip, I saw a couple drops of a liquid that look like brown oil, on the garage floor at the rear end on the left side. I think Shane (Aliso Viejo Auto Service) noticed something back there last time it was in.

I'll be bringing my well loved brownies to Cars and Coffee on Saturday. I don't show up until after 8 but I bring them to share them. Just find me (I'm one of the few women and I'll have a pan) and tell me you read this. :smile:

Changed my mind. No brownies and no Cars and Coffee. Going to head up to Kennedy Meadows instead. Have a nice campfire out under the pitch black sky full of twinkling stars.

Patty,
Tom and I was at C&C......please bring the brownies next time :smile:
By the way, if I can I would go and pick-up a new S right now!!!!

Patty,
Tom and I was at C&C......please bring the brownies next time :smile:
By the way, if I can I would go and pick-up a new S right now!!!!

Okay, I'll be at C and C this Saturday, with brownies. :smile:

So, why the love for the S? Did Tom make you drive his?

Here are a few photos from last Saturday when Jerry and I went to Kennedy Meadows instead of C and C.

IMG_5790FeetFire.jpg

IMG_5787Campfire10-17-09.jpg

IMG_574110-17-09KM.jpg

IMG_5755riverside.jpg

IMG_574310-17-09Kennedy.jpg

^My 5th wheel is under the brown ramada. This is the South Fork of the Kern River and I was taking this photo from the Pacific Crest Trail.

It was really nice hanging out with Hoa (Up2Yu), Graham (sp?) (CDX_NSX) and Tom today, at Cars and Coffee and then staying at Pacific Whey, on PCH until noon-ish. Jerry has photos and I hope to post some when he brings his camera over. Sorry that Asura didn't make to Pacific Whey. Maybe someday Tom (socalx) will drive his NSX. :rolleyes:

BTW, Tom, I'll give you a can of Plexus next time you're over, as a thank you for your help with my Bilsteins and GT lightweight exhaust.

Last edited:
patty it was great seeing you and jerry today and hanging out with Hoa and Graeme. When are we getting pss9's for the s...?

your car looked great as always... i am hoping the plexus makes mine shine like yours. thanks again

tom

It was good seeing everyone too. :) Thanks for bringing the brownies, Patty! :D

BTW, I figured out whose Comptech widebody NSX it was at C&C. Thought I recognized him as he was driving off.

The car belongs to RJ de Vera.

nsxfrontshot2.jpg

http://jonsibal.com/blog/2009/10/morning-drive/

That was a very cool car! I liked the wheels he had on it yesterday, better. You're welcome for the brownies. :smile:

Here are a few photos Jerry took, on Saturday, Oct 24th. After going to Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA, we four went to Newport Beach and hung out after breakfast at Pacific Whey.

CIMG1699JFsPK_JF10-24-09.jpg

^ Jerry (my honey), and me (Kyras/Patricia). (Hoa took this photo.)

CIMG1698JFspeps10-24-09.jpg

^Me, Tom (socalx), Graeme (CDX_NSX) and Hoa (Up2Yu).

CIMG169310-24-09JFscars.jpg

^Tom's S2000, Graeme's, mine and Hoa's, NSXs. Tom owns two NSXs, too. He never drives them. They are his full-scale models, in his garage. :rolleyes:

CIMG1697JFcars.jpg

^Graeme's work of art, mine, and Hoa's Imola orange, NSXs.

Last edited:
Back