• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zaino Z-PC: If you have swirl marks - look no further....

I'm getting a new fender painted soon, and am wondering how long I should wait before applying Zaino once again to my car. Of course, I can work around the panel if need be. a few weeks? a few months? Is there some way to tell if its cured enough to be safe to have zaino applied to it?

About a month.

California paint is water-base for the color - yet the clear coat is not (for now), but is still a little soft to touch and takes longer to cure.

For new paint ZAIO and then Z2

Batman, like I stated prior great work. Going to pic up some Zaino products this weekend. Still on the fence about buying the PC. Shouls I use a machine on my car or do everything by hand? Frank

Both.

There are some spots on the car like sharp angles deep recesses that still require hand work.

If you get the Porter cable random orbiter buffer you will be very safe.

Where you see swirl marks like in the Buick illustration is when someone uses a spinning buffing wheel at the incorrect speeds and with no skills on pressure, etc.

Random orbiter buffers are typically, the do-it urself ones that u see at walmart, etc. They seldom sell the other types since people would be returning it back all pissed.

Anyone use this?
Z-CS.jpg

Anyone use this?
Z-CS.jpg

My sponsors make me use that on CF parts at the shows. It makes CF look a bit wetter at the shows. I remember one guy mentioned it was expensive and I remember the small bottle. When I used it on my CF lip which was already clear coated, polished, sealed and waxed, it didn't make any noticeable difference. The guys that it worked well for were the ones that just took sported CF parts without having them finished, raw resin.

AutoGeek has the Porter Cable 7424 XP Dual Action Orbital Polisher for $125, more with the various accessories.

http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html?gclid=CPiL-pzJ8KMCFSf3iAodpVMv3Q

I'm not sure if this is the same model as BATMANs Amazon link.

I have used Zaino Z2-Pro and Z8 Grand Finale Spray on my NSX, per BATMANs recomendation and it looks awesome. I took the car to a show and people were commenting on how shiny it was and how there wasn't a scratch or nick on it. (Well there are small hood chips and there are small scratches, but they weren't noticiable with these products on the car).

I believe I will purchase the Porter Cable Dual Action Orbital Polisher and may try the Zaino PC. But that was a good caution about us early RED NSX owners having to be careful or we could end up with an Orange car, and not the IMOLA Orange.

I too was surprised at how good the Zaino Z-2 Pro smelled. Definitely didn't smell like most polishing/waxing type products I have used in the past.

I'm a little leary of taking an orbitor to my car now that I know it could turn orange. But then BATMANs has said that the Porter Cable Orbital Polisher is very forgiving and almost idot proof.... humm, dare I take the chance? :smile: I guess if I do and my car turns out orange, it could prove my level of intellegenc.

- Rod

AutoGeek has the Porter Cable 7424 XP Dual Action Orbital Polisher for $125, more with the various accessories.

http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html?gclid=CPiL-pzJ8KMCFSf3iAodpVMv3Q

I'm not sure if this is the same model as BATMANs Amazon link.

I have used Zaino Z2-Pro and Z8 Grand Finale Spray on my NSX, per BATMANs recomendation and it looks awesome. I took the car to a show and people were commenting on how shiny it was and how there wasn't a scratch or nick on it. (Well there are small hood chips and there are small scratches, but they weren't noticiable with these products on the car).

I believe I will purchase the Porter Cable Dual Action Orbital Polisher and may try the Zaino PC. But that was a good caution about us early RED NSX owners having to be careful or we could end up with an Orange car, and not the IMOLA Orange.

I too was surprised at how good the Zaino Z-2 Pro smelled. Definitely didn't smell like most polishing/waxing type products I have used in the past.

I'm a little leary of taking an orbitor to my car now that I know it could turn orange. But then BATMANs has said that the Porter Cable Orbital Polisher is very forgiving and almost idot proof.... humm, dare I take the chance? :smile: I guess if I do and my car turns out orange, it could prove my level of intellegenc.

- Rod

My linked one is basically the same. Both are random orbiter, not full rotating models.

yes Zaino smells good. Don't consume it.

Batman:

I just picked up a used PC 7424.

I went to purchase foam pads and was a little disappointed with the cost.

I see there are other foam pads on Ebay for far less. Have you tried any of these?

What color pads do you recommend and for what part of the detailing process?

Thanks!

Batman:

I just picked up a used PC 7424.

I went to purchase foam pads and was a little disappointed with the cost.

I see there are other foam pads on Ebay for far less. Have you tried any of these?

What color pads do you recommend and for what part of the detailing process?

Thanks!

I use the teal foam pad and dedicate each pad for each different polish.

I apologize Batman....I am brand new to the PC 7424.

Is teal the brand name?

Where do you get them?

What colors do you use for each process?

Thanks Bat!

I am going to order the Lake Country Kompressor Pads, 6"

I was thinking about the Red, Yellow and Green so I have a wide variety of choices.

Any other opinions before I place the order?

Can I use any of the Lake Country Pads to remove the wax? Or, should I use a Microfiber bonnet over one of my Foam Pads?

Thanks!

I was thinking about the Red, Yellow and Green so I have a wide variety of choices.

Can I use any of the Lake Country Pads to remove the wax? Or, should I use a Microfiber bonnet over one of my Foam Pads?

Thanks!

http://www.google.com/products?q=porter+cable+orbital+polishing+pad&hl=en&scoring=p

The teal with the dimples to hold some of the polishing material.

And once it's dried on there I've used the Lambskin wool with ZAIO to buff it out. Make sure u wear sunglasses and sunblock. The reflection will blind and burn.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamb...arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_637wt_684

Last edited:

Thanks!

I always remove wax by hand. Removing it with a machine is getting to be pretty lazy. :) Most good waxes are easy off when the paint is clean. If you're struggling to remove your LSP then it's time to switch products or clean your paint.

My sponsors make me use that on CF parts at the shows. It makes CF look a bit wetter at the shows. I remember one guy mentioned it was expensive and I remember the small bottle. When I used it on my CF lip which was already clear coated, polished, sealed and waxed, it didn't make any noticeable difference. The guys that it worked well for were the ones that just took sported CF parts without having them finished, raw resin.

I spoke to Zaino earlier today and they said that since I wash and Z2 every week I won't need this.

Batmans,

Can I clarify before I purchase the products:

NFR: (Little siwrls)

Steps:

1. Z7 Wash
2. Z18 Clay

If swirls:

3. Z5
4. Z2

Finishing Touch:

5. Z6 or Z8 or Z-CS Clear Seal?

and in which of the stages does the ZFX Flash Cure comes in play?
(I'm still a little confused)

Thanks for the help,

Batmans,

Can I clarify before I purchase the products:

NFR: (Little siwrls)

Steps:

1. Z7 Wash
2. Z18 Clay

If swirls:

3. Z5
4. Z2

Finishing Touch:

5. Z6 or Z8 or Z-CS Clear Seal?

and in which of the stages does the ZFX Flash Cure comes in play?
(I'm still a little confused)

Thanks for the help,

There isn't anything really special about their car wash and clay bar that I can really quantify in any optical results. If you don't mind spending the $$$ then there's no harm. Otherwise, I use car wash from Costco or Walmart and Walmart sells "mother's clay bar kit. Forgot the price, but I remember that it was cheaper.

For swirl marks:

Z-PC

If you still have some minor swirls marks that needs to be filled in then Z5 will suffice.

Then for that wet look and amazing shine - Z2.

Both Z6 and Z8 sprays will neutralize the static on the waxed surface when you buff out / wipe down the Z2/Z5/ZAIO. Think of rubbing a balloon against ur sweater and the static electricity. I noticed that my black cars stay cleaner looking for almost the entire week when I use either of the spray since there is no static to attract dust.

Z6 is ideal for spots that you missed, the water spots right after a car wash that drips or runs on the paint. It's more focused for cleaning up. Z8 is a little more shiny. You use less Z8 since it's a little more concentrated than Z6. Both are great when you are at car shows/gathering and want to clean up the car prior to display. I have both.

Think of ZAIO as a Z-PC, Z2 and Z5 combined in one package, but it doesn't accel in any of those areas - hence it's ideal for daily beaters.

If you have all the stuff above and use it on a regular basis like me, then you won't need Z-CS Clear Seal. Z-CS Clear Seal is more for longer periods of time of not using Z2, Z5, Z6, Z8 and/or ZAIO.

Last edited:
There isn't anything really special about their car wash and clay bar that I can really quantify in any optical results. If you don't mind spending the $$$ then there's no harm. Otherwise, I use car wash from Costco or Walmart and Walmart sells "mother's clay bar kit. Forgot the price, but I remember that it was cheaper.

For swirl marks:

Z-PC

If you still have some minor swirls marks that needs to be filled in then Z5 will suffice.

Then for that wet look and amazing shine - Z2.

Both Z6 and Z8 sprays will neutralize the static on the waxed surface when you buff out / wipe down the Z2/Z5/ZAIO. Think of rubbing a balloon against ur sweater and the static electricity. I noticed that my black cars stay cleaner looking for almost the entire week when I use either of the spray since there is no static to attract dust.

Z6 is ideal for spots that you missed, the water spots right after a car wash that drips or runs on the paint. It's more focused for cleaning up. Z8 is a little more shiny. You use less Z8 since it's a little more concentrated than Z6. Both are great when you are at car shows/gathering and want to clean up the car prior to display. I have both.

Think of ZAIO as a Z-PC, Z2 and Z5 combined in one package, but it doesn't accel in any of those areas - hence it's ideal for daily beaters.

If you have all the stuff above and use it on a regular basis like me, then you won't need Z-CS Clear Seal. Z-CS Clear Seal is more for longer periods of time of not using Z2, Z5, Z6, Z8 and/or ZAIO.

Thanks for the in depth detail. Can you elaborate on the ZFX Flash Cure? Do I need to buy this? And if so, where does it fall in the below summary of steps?

This is the correct order right:

Wash
Soap
Clay
Z-PC
Z5
Z2
Z8
Z-CS Clear Seal (If I do this once every 4-5 Months) Correct?

Sorry, I'm a little bit paranoid. I won't want to destroy my car :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the in depth detail. Can you elaborate on the ZFX Flash Cure? Do I need to buy this? And if so, where does it fall in the below summary of steps?

This is the correct order right:

Wash
Soap
Clay
Z-PC
Z5
Z2
Z8
Z-CS Clear Seal (If I do this once every 4-5 Months) Correct?

Sorry, I'm a little bit paranoid. I won't want to destroy my car :)

The ONLY time that you would need the ZFX Flash Cure is if apply the Z2 and want to immediately apply a second coat for a deeper gloss (Zaino is the only product that actually builds layers for deeper gloss). Since I wash and wax every week it's not for me.

A cheaper way of doing 2 layers of Z2, for example is applying it and wiping off right before you tuck the car away in the garage and then the following morning (usually 6 hrs time for Z2 to full cure) apply a second layer. This way you won't need ZFX Flash Cure.

Yes that is the correct order.

I've saved time when I washed the car and clayed the car with the wash suds instead of paying extra $$$ for some fancy label "clay solution".

If you want to minimize scratching the paint during the detail process, I've found that usuing a pressure washer yielded the best results in terms of cleaning out the dirt/rocks/debris from the crevices. My favorite brand is the Karcher one from Germany that Costco used to sell since you can swap the heads. I never damaged the paint with the electric ones since they don't exceed 2000psi~.

It's great for cleaning engines, which I do EVERY week on all my cars, while they are running. No harm at all since the modern cars don't use distributor caps and rotors.

The ONLY time that you would need the ZFX Flash Cure is if apply the Z2 and want to immediately apply a second coat for a deeper gloss (Zaino is the only product that actually builds layers for deeper gloss). Since I wash and wax every week it's not for me.

A cheaper way of doing 2 layers of Z2, for example is applying it and wiping off right before you tuck the car away in the garage and then the following morning (usually 6 hrs time for Z2 to full cure) apply a second layer. This way you won't need ZFX Flash Cure.

Yes that is the correct order.

I've saved time when I washed the car and clayed the car with the wash suds instead of paying extra $$$ for some fancy label "clay solution".

If you want to minimize scratching the paint during the detail process, I've found that usuing a pressure washer yielded the best results in terms of cleaning out the dirt/rocks/debris from the crevices. My favorite brand is the Karcher one from Germany that Costco used to sell since you can swap the heads. I never damaged the paint with the electric ones since they don't exceed 2000psi~.

It's great for cleaning engines, which I do EVERY week on all my cars, while they are running. No harm at all since the modern cars don't use distributor caps and rotors.

Thanks for the help. Just placed my order. :smile:

BTW, not sure if i mentioned this:

When I wash the car with DAWN I use the suds as my lubricant while implementing clay bar. It works with no ill-efffects, saves time and $$$ ( no extra step in the spray solution).

Then I just hose everything off ( I prefer the pressure washer).

BATMANs, just wondering, does Zaino offer any products that keeps plastic trims (hatch & window trims) black and good looking and LASTS (month or so before reapplying)? would z-8 or z-cs work?

also, any tips on how to get rid of wax marks on those? just purchased the car and previous owner seemed to have skipped the 3m on those ><!!

thx!!!

BATMANs, just wondering, does Zaino offer any products that keeps plastic trims (hatch & window trims) black and good looking and LASTS (month or so before reapplying)? would z-8 or z-cs work?

also, any tips on how to get rid of wax marks on those? just purchased the car and previous owner seemed to have skipped the 3m on those ><!!

thx!!!

Dunno.

For the trims I use the that flourescent green turtle wax for leather/vinyl and have been happy with it for a decade.

As a matter of fact Zaino appeared to have been rebadging that since it smelled identical prior to them changing their formula.

Where can I take my car to get detailed with zaino? I got a bunch of swirl marks and would rather have someone with experience do it for me. I also have a small scratch on my hood. Do you know anyone that could fix it for me? Thanks!

Where can I take my car to get detailed with zaino? I got a bunch of swirl marks and would rather have someone with experience do it for me. I also have a small scratch on my hood. Do you know anyone that could fix it for me? Thanks!

Steve that sells wwwmsjzaino.com also owns a detail business that can take cre of ur needs. Give him a call. (408) 402-5453

Back